Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why this is Collingwood's problem to be honest. If the Dogs lodged the trade and didn't have any salary contributions documented, then they should be on the hook for all of it.

Do agree with the above though that the AFL's 'relaxed' stance to this sh*t is also to blame. If they have their sh*t together then all trades lodged will have this covered of.
maybe because their would of been some kind of understanding on what was required on Collingwood part for us to trade him in. The trade is not finalised so if Collingwood don’t want to pay x amount that’s fine just means Treloar will have to go back to Collingwood

That’s rich coming from a Collingwood supporter have you seen how your club have treated him lol

I'm on the record as saying his treatment is s**t and unfair. We know we ****ed up.

However, the Bulldogs swooped and decided they would take him. Two wrongs don't make a right.

We kicked him out. You took him in, seduced him, made the club look good and now don't want to pay his contract... which isnt a cap issue because Dunkley wanted out and you said no to that as well. Thought your lot were better than that.

I'm on the record as saying his treatment is sh*t and unfair. We know we f’ed up.

However, the Bulldogs swooped and decided they would take him. Two wrongs don't make a right.

We kicked him out. You took him in, seduced him, made the club look good and now don't want to pay his contract... which isnt a cap issue because Dunkley wanted out and you said no to that as well. Thought your lot were better than that.
Brilliant. This is next level delusion at it’s very best.

They absolutely are.

They vet every single trade before it is allowed to occur.
Clearly the vetting system that the AFL uses to approve or deny trades only takes into account assessing the player and draft pick aspects of trades.

Which is fine for ~90% of trades- because it's probably only 1 in 10 (at most) trades that actually involve the old club paying some of the players salary.

And even then, in 99% of cases where the former club is chipping in- the clubs involved sort it out amongst themselves before lodging the trade.

It seems th his deal was 'done' in such a rush that the clubs themselves never properly nailed down a mutually agreeable trade and picks cost.

The AFL are certainly to blame because they ought to have known that:
A. these kinds of deals (where old clubs pay part of players wages) happen; and
B. their trade vetting process doesn't account for checking all the critical parts of such deals (ie draft cost AND salarly cost split)

The AFL have been caught with their pants down on this- the only shock is that it hasn't happened sooner with other trades that involve former clubs paying players.

The AFL have merely been saved (up to this point) by clubs having their act together more than the pies and dogs evidently do.
The rush at the end is on the clubs - they had plenty of time to finalise it. They lodged the paper work for the trade.

The salary side is to be managed by the clubs. They butchered the agreement.

The money side is irrelevant to the AFL in a deal - now if they go over the gap - that’s when they get involved.

Three options that might happen by tomorrow

1- Treloar will be a bulldog
2 - Treloar will return to Collingwood
3- Treloar could sit out for a year and still get payed 900,000 by Collingwood for doing nothing

I will go with option one that Treloar will be a bulldog and Collingwood will have to pay x amount of his salary

To be fair, as much as the current AFL admin piss me off, it's not their business to try and sort salary cap issues or problems at clubs.

I do not really see how The Dogs look really bad in this instance either, in recent years, Collingwood (esp Eddie) has always tried to pass the buck/blame others for their own ham fisted operations..

Just as a neutral/casual observer, this fiasco seems like a Gentleman's Agreement, which the Pies have reneged on.

Mmm, even if it's on Collingwood though, it's still poor form when dealing with them to not get something in writing - given they knew their conduct from all the BS involved with the player they were getting, and three other players they were letting go. Not to mention the fact that neither side had actually even discussed it in great detail, until this week; hence their need for another extension (according to those reports)

Either way, it's just not professional to let something drag on this long - especially when it's a player with known mental health issues who has now been in limbo for the best part of the last 6 weeks. The only party who doesn't deserve any bad press is Treloar himself.

Mmm, even if it's on Collingwood though, it's still poor form when dealing with them to not get something in writing - given they knew their conduct from all the BS involved with the player they were getting, and three other players they were letting go. Not to mention the fact that neither side had actually even discussed it in great detail, until this week; hence their need for another extension (according to those reports)

Either way, it's just not professional to let something drag on this long - especially when it's a player with known mental health issues who has now been in limbo for the best part of the last 6 weeks. The only party who doesn't deserve any bad press is Treloar himself.
Treloar is the only one I feel sorry for hopefully it gets resolved tomorrow one way or another.

Three options that might happen by tomorrow

1- Treloar will be a bulldog
2 - Treloar will return to Collingwood
3- Treloar could sit out for a year and still get payed 900,000 by Collingwood for doing nothing

I will go with option one that Treloar will be a bulldog and Collingwood will have to pay x amount of his salary

Treloar is the only one I feel sorry for hopefully it gets resolved tomorrow one way or another.

4 - none of the above, due to the fact that nothing at all will probably happen tomorrow due to getting another extension, after not even really discussing much of anything for the past two weeks:

"Nominally the clubs have to lodge contract details by Friday afternoon when they make the first list lodgment, which includes preliminary salary cap projections. It is not uncommon for extensions to be granted by the AFL and the league has told the clubs they are flexible on the time frame for them to reach an agreement."

I agree that the AFL denying Beams salary as a medical payout means the Pies books are maybe worse than first thought.

It'll get sorted for say 1mill over 5 but Pies will front load to clear their books for 2022 so maybe 300, 300, 200, 100, 100 so Pies have 1 mill at least in the bank for the 2022 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 - none of the above, due to the fact that nothing at all will probably happen tomorrow due to getting another extension, after not even really discussing much of anything for the past two weeks:

"Nominally the clubs have to lodge contract details by Friday afternoon when they make the first list lodgment, which includes preliminary salary cap projections. It is not uncommon for extensions to be granted by the AFL and the league has told the clubs they are flexible on the time frame for them to reach an agreement."
I was thinking it had to be resolved by tomorrow

What a ******* sh*t show this has become

100% agreed. Treloar has already been in limbo for 6 weeks, and could be for another 2 weeks - a man with known documented mental health issues who got kicked out of his home essentially, after giving his all to his club and doing the right thing back-ending his contract over and over again to help them.

Now he doesn't even know if he's even at his new club yet, due to the Dogs, Pies and AFL just doing whatever the f*ck they please, lol - all so they can get their 'win' on paper. That's the part that really gets me and really pisses me off.

Last edited:
The rush at the end is on the clubs - they had plenty of time to finalise it. They lodged the paper work for the trade.

The salary side is to be managed by the clubs. They butchered the agreement.

The money side is irrelevant to the AFL in a deal - now if they go over the gap - that’s when they get involved.
Rubbish

100% agreed. Treloar has already been in limbo for 6 weeks, and could be for another 2 weeks - a man with known documented mental health issues who got kicked out of his home essentially, after giving his all to his club and doing the right thing back-ending his contract over and over again to help them.

Now he doesn't even know if he's even at his new club yet, due to the Dogs, Pies and AFL just doing whatever the f*ck they please, lol - all so they can get their 'win' on paper. That's the part that gets me and really pisses me off.
Like I said I feel sorry for Treloar in all this I just hope both clubs get together and resolve all of this so Treloar can finally put this all in the past and he gets to enjoy the rest of his career

Last edited:
I think that in the original 3 way trade which included Essendon getting Dunkley, Collingwood would have got pick 7 in exchange for Treloar. They were prepared to pay more of his salary in exchange for such a high pick. When Bulldogs walked away from that and only offered pick 14 for Treloar, Collingwood were no longer prepared to pay so much of his salary. For some reason dogs assumed that Collingwood would still pay $300,000 a year even though they were getting a much poorer deal. Now both clubs have egg on their face and Treloar is in the middle.

Irrelevant to the deal nominally lodged by the clubs.

I think that in the original 3 way trade which included Essendon getting Dunkley, Collingwood would have got pick 7 in exchange for Treloar. They were prepared to pay more of his salary in exchange for such a high pick. When Bulldogs walked away from that and only offered pick 14 for Treloar, Collingwood were no longer prepared to pay so much of his salary. For some reason dogs assumed that Collingwood would still pay $300,000 a year even though they were getting a much poorer deal. Now both clubs have egg on their face and Treloar is in the middle.

This sounds like it could be on the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3 way trade the Pies and Essendon cooked up without agreement from the Dogs. We didn’t walk away from it, it was never a consideration. It was ruled out pretty much before it was even offered when we made it very clear the 2 deals were separate.

You work at the Bulldogs in list management do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back