Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Exciting signs from the youngsters. Was Logue playing I wonder?
Lobb looked pretty sluggish getting run down by Cox with an open goal in front of him. I wonder if Leno Thomas is anywhere near a game at this stage?
Great to see Henry looking so classy. Blakely is fighting for his career so he won’t be backing down from nothing either.

With Alex Pearce only on limited minutes he could be doubtful for R1 too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does Ryan Daniels seem unusually competent and switched on for a Perth footy journo? Good work Ryan (and PT).

If he doesn’t win the “ Best Footy Journalist “, at the next WA media awards, I’ll go he.

Duffield writes good articles, but Ryan gives complete knowledgeable coverage of all aspects of the game. The simple answer is, he goes to the coalface, rather than writing / tweeting articles from their favourite boozer.

Don’t forget the AFL golden child Matty Rowell is also eligible for this years rising star. Our contenders will have to produce some extraordinary performances to beat Gills pet.
I didn’t see Young, Chapman, Sturt, Treacy, Henry or any of our other youngsters calling up Gill to sell him a freo membership

Don’t forget the AFL golden child Matty Rowell is also eligible for this years rising star. Our contenders will have to produce some extraordinary performances to beat Gills pet.
I didn’t see Young, Chapman, Sturt, Treacy, Henry or any of our other youngsters calling up Gill to sell him a freo membership
That’d be a harder sell than Henry flogging ties to Pies.

Not an injury troll, but the kids made of plasticine. Just like Barlow the footy gods will crack down

I haven't been this excited about our group since the post 08 draft.

In previous seasons I've been hoping for the emergence of 1 or 2 players to lift us up the ladder (McCarthy, Bennell, Logue etc).

This season we seem to have great depth. The whole group seem to be playing with great confidence and freedom. I have no idea how our best 22 will line up!

I haven't been this excited about our group since the post 08 draft.

In previous seasons I've been hoping for the emergence of 1 or 2 players to lift us up the ladder (McCarthy, Bennell, Logue etc).

This season we seem to have great depth. The whole group seem to be playing with great confidence and freedom. I have no idea how our best 22 will line up!
It isn’t just those high end players either, but also the likes of Crowden and Hughes who have become impactful role players who can be relied on. Tucker and Cox may not be best 22, which is remarkable, and several players who are yet to debut are putting on selection pressure.

Ok, which one out of Chapman & Young are going to start preparing to play wing first game?
Or Young, Chapman & Aish can rotate through wing, half back & interchange.

Edit; that’s some good reading up there, thanks all.
I'm splitting hairs, but for my money, if either (out of those two) are going to end up on a wing, Young will play there first. Both are major talents and both would go well on a wing... but Young's left boot is just phenomenal... having Young kick inside 50 is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back