Preview Round 8, 2021: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 8th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last week we were ECO.

What is it about this club that keeps us coming back for more?

I'm pretty sure no Saints supporters would be in to S & M when you consider how much pain, discomfort and anguish we take during footy season.

Or we freakin' love S&M so much that it drives us to a club like the Saints...our collective safe words are "It's too late to go change or go back now."

Suzuki Cultus sounds like a Japanese new wave band who opened for the Yello Magic Orchestra at the Budokan in the mid 1980's or one of those death cults who opened Sarin gas in the Tokyo underground.

Now wonder they renamed it a Barina.

Saints by 123

Nah, they called it a Barina because "Tampax" was already trademarked and "snoozefest" didn't rate well with focus groups......

Watching the Cats v Tigers game, I hate Geelong.

So just thinking instead, that we possibly have our best 22 out there against GCS, maybe bar Joyce. So with Frawley, Geary & Hannebery still out, who would they replace in this current team.

For me it would be Frawley for Joyce, Geary for Byrnes & Hannebery for Bytel. This would mean, that we would have 17 player's in the team that are 25y.o or over this year. With the five under 25y.o, being Battle, Clark, Coffield, Higgins & King.

We’d better win this one because there’s no way we’re winning next week.
Cant even remember when last we defeated the Cats. Round 14 2009?
Round 14 2016 I think it was. Won by three points. The year prior we drew. Before that we hadn’t beaten them since the “you just lost us the game” qualifying final. We used to split the games each year 50/50 - did it in 2003-6 but then they won a flag and we fell off a cliff. Only four wins against them since then.

Last edited:
We’d better win this one because there’s no way we’re winning next week.
Cant even remember when last we defeated the Cats. Round 14 2009?
You’ve forgotten the QF of 2010, or the game when Gresham kicked the miracle goal from the the pocket. Can’t remember the year but it wasn’t that long ago.

Watching the Cats v Tigers game, I hate Geelong.

So just thinking instead, that we possibly have our best 22 out there against GCS, maybe bar Joyce. So with Frawley, Geary & Hannebery still out, who would they replace in this current team.

For me it would be Frawley for Joyce, Geary for Byrnes & Hannebery for Bytel. This would mean, that we would have 17 player's in the team that are 25y.o or over this year. With the five under 25y.o, being Battle, Clark, Coffield, Higgins & King.

Tigers might be outside of the 8 at the end of this round.

Cats have a lot of height in their forward line. And another big game for us where our opponent has extra rest.

What's the go with Carlisle, is he injured?

Someone needs to ask the hard question to Ratts, he is clearly our best CHB, we need him in our team.

We might beat Gold Coast without him but we won't beat Geelong without him.

We need some answers.

Some clarity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needs to ask the hard question to Ratts, he is clearly our best CHB, we need him in our team.

We need some answers.
Frawley would do, against Geelong

You’ve forgotten the QF of 2010, or the game when Gresham kicked the miracle goal from the the pocket. Can’t remember the year but it wasn’t that long ago.
That’s the one. 2016 it was. Amazing goal.

we also held them goalless in the entire second half of the 2009 gf rematch in 2010 in a wet night at the G. That was enjoyable.

We need some answers.

Some clarity.
Back spasm & was dropped

We need some answers.

Some clarity.

It has been reported that he has a sore back. Did not play VFL last week either.

We've won 5 straight against them, and before last year's 1 win, we were largely beating them with a rabble. While we've played close games, we're always coming out on top. Hardly a team I'd say we struggle with.

I am aware of that. Perhaps the more correct thing to say would be that we "struggle to beat" them as it's always far too close for comfort.

Bring Carlisle & Frawley in for the Geelong game, at least they match up in size. Frawley on Hawkins, Carlisle on Cameron & Howard to provide run on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back