Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. Adelaide, AO Sat 05/06 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cox and Lynch still aren’t fit... Tohill could be of value. If he’s over his quad injury 🤷‍♂️

Has played fullback, up forward, ruck. Could start on the bench and fit in where needed as other KPP rotate

OUT - Grundy, Madgen, Callum
IN - Cox, Elliot, McCreery

Mayne Roughy Maynard
Quaynor Moore Noble
Murphy Pendles Poulter
Sidey Mihocek WHE
McCreery Cox DeGoey

Cameron Crisp Daicos

Wilson, Sier, Macrae, Bianco

(DeGoey and Daicos to rotate)
They said McCeery is only an outside chance to play which means he won't.

Whilst I agree, it really shouldn't be the basis of judging Buckley. You can't expect a coach to pull a miracle with a depleted list and the obstacles presented with COVID.

For me, the win/loss ratio isn't the determinative factor. I went into this year expecting it to be a down year.

What i want to see though is the mechanisms we have put into place to arrest our scoring woes over the past fortnight in particular. I want to see a more attacking brand. Treat this the way we treated the west coast game last year...which was pretty much a free hit. We took the game on, played with flare and got the result.

I don't want to see us approach Adelaide, a team who is realistically similarly placed to us in terms of development, and just go ultra conservative. Give the kids a chance to show their natural talent, and play for the win.

I think you’re right and I do feel that Buckley has been dudded over the years with terrible drafting/trading, the worst injury management record in the league and most recently a fire-sale of talent caused by gross mismanagement of the salary cap. None of that is his fault.

But the more pressing reality is that the team Buckley does have at his disposal is playing an horrific style of football, with even our best and most skilful players suddenly bereft of flair and confidence and so afraid of making a mistake that they automatically look to move it back or sideways to an uncontested team-mate. It has unravelled to the point that the only way we can compete is to force a very ugly, slow, attrition style of match. Attempt to play any other style and we get blown away. It’s hard to attribute responsibility for that state of affairs to anyone other than Buckley, especially with him having been in the job for a decade. And, most worryingly, the players seem to have lost belief in where the team is headed and its very hard to see how it is going to change without a very big reboot. And the fastest way to get a very big reboot is to replace the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In: Johnson. Out Mayne
In: Elliot. Out: Madge

Edit
In McCreery. Out: Brown

No chance Mayne is dropped after probably being our BOG last week.

Out: Madgen
In: Johnson
IN: Johnson

Out: Madgen

He be no worse then Madgen

Don't think this is even possible - Ash now has to do his time in quarantine and have a couple of negative COVID tests before he can enter the AFL bubble, unless something has changed (which I don't think it has).

Don't think this is even possible - Ash now has to do his time in quarantine and have a couple of negative COVID tests before he can enter the AFL bubble, unless something has changed (which I don't think it has).

It was a joke, friend.

[/QUOTE]

How Fkng stupid. So he can play 2 hours of football in close contact with the Crows reserves but needs to go through all this other rubbishto play for us.

How Fkng stupid. So he can play 2 hours of football in close contact with the Crows reserves but needs to go through all this other rubbishto play for us.
[/QUOTE]
Because the Crows want Callum in our forward line, not Ash

Changes won’t matter this week it’s all about how we play. It’ll go one of two ways:

1. we lock it down.
2. we open it up.

Play option 1 and we win. Adelaide aren’t experienced, patient or skilful enough to overcome the rear naked choke that is our defensive ugliness. Option 2 guarantees a loss. What Adelaide are good at is playing with pace on the ball you give them even numbers plus room to move and the likes of Sholl, Laird, Smith and Seedsman will tear us a new one. The thing is option 2 will be more fun to watch and better for the future of the club so it’ll be interesting to see which way it goes.

My tip is that after the pile on about how we play this past week and the expected in’s I believe we’ll open it up early, fall behind and then shut it down. Unfortunately it’ll be too late to win.

Crows by 16 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changes won’t matter this week it’s all about how we play. It’ll go one of two ways:

1. we lock it down.
2. we open it up.

Play option 1 and we win. Adelaide aren’t experienced, patient or skilful enough to overcome the rear naked choke that is our defensive ugliness. Option 2 guarantees a loss. What Adelaide are good at is playing with pace on the ball you give them even numbers plus room to move and the likes of Sholl, Laird, Smith and Seedsman will tear us a new one. The thing is option 2 will be more fun to watch and better for the future of the club so it’ll be interesting to see which way it goes.

My tip is that after the pile on about how we play this past week and the expected in’s I believe we’ll open it up early, fall behind and then shut it down. Unfortunately it’ll be too late to win.

Crows by 16 points.
I’m thinking the opposite.
We choke them early, then have spurts of fast play to create a scoreboard buffer, then slow it down again to protect the lead.

I’m thinking the opposite.
We choke them early, then have spurts of fast play to create a scoreboard buffer, then slow it down again to protect the lead.
Please do not use the words "choke" and "spurt" in the same sentence......

Thanks Kirby

Best wishes.
Sad to see Ed almost in tears on Footy Classified last night.
The media distortion takes its toll.
Fake articles by Michael Gleeson at The Age and Mick Warner at The Herald-Sun, claiming Ed was manipulating the board.
Warner has a new book out, hopefully destined for the pulp mill.
Keays was the Crows player I was most worried about last week, their third mid.

Best wishes.
Sad to see Ed almost in tears on Footy Classified last night.
The media distortion takes its toll.
Fake articles by Michael Gleeson at The Age and Mick Warner at The Herald-Sun, claiming Ed was manipulating the board.
Warner has a new book out, hopefully destined for the pulp mill.
Keays was the Crows player I was most worried about last week, their third mid.

You must be bored.

This is not new, we've been doing this for 2 and half seasons.

Absolutely we’ve done it v all of Essendon, Port, Sydney and West Coast. Adelaide play like Essendon so they’ll just keep coming at you. Death by a thousand cuts is the only way we win unfortunately. I’m torn because a wins a win, but not like that...

Moore went at 15m gained per possession on the weekend - if that's what you wanna criticise then do it across the board.

Then there's disposal efficiency. Mayne went at 96%! Wanna ignore that? Better to keep possession than not I would have thought.

When did I bring up Moores performance?

No s**t Mayne went at 96% when he chip kicks it. Oppo coaches would love the pill in his hands. Happy days for them.

Look, i think we need to find out about a few guys on the list. Some decisions need to be made at the end of the year about a few guys that have been around for a while but haven't broken through.

With Grundy out, Max Lynch should get a crack. If he can't come in with Grundy out, and Mason Cox under an injury cloud, then he is a certainty for delisting, and I have no idea why we even bothered to keep him on last year.

If not Lynch, then I'd be thrown Kelly into full back to play up against Thilthorpe. This is a first year kid, and Kelly is into his 3rd year. Irrespective of how good Thilthorpe is, we need to get some games into Kelly this year. Roughead is over 30 and we need to start future-proofing.

If Kelly played, that would allow Roughead to play more as a ruck. He is a premiership ruckman afterall!

I actually reckon we looked ok last week when Grundy went down. It created unpredictability. Grundy is good at winning hitouts, but he is very predictable where he hits. So it could cause a bit of chaos using an alternate option for a few games.

I'm not sure how we would adjust the forward line but lets be honest its the least of our worries. But I would be giving Cameron majority of game time in the ruck this week. He deserves a decent crack at it.

Not taking the pi55 at all. Our team in the late 90s included rolled gold hacks such as Jason Wild, Trent Hodden, Brad Rowe, Kent Butcher, Stephen Ryan, Nick Hider, Chad Liddell, Stephen Pitt.....need I go on? To a man they were suburban footballers at best. The current team would beat them by 10 goals or I'm no judge at all.

Haha they were the glory days! heck me we sucked in the late 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back