List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Brander will come down to how he sees himself. By now all he wants to do is play in the seniors so he needs to see where he sits and if it's not as regular senior game with us then he will probably ask to be traded out.

Lot's of talk about Duggan but I don't see him going or wanting to go.
Sheed is the interesting one for me, I know what he did in the 18 GF but right now he is just an average accumulator of Possessions and does not hurt the opposition. Is he tradeable? Gold Coast might love someone like Dom? Not sure of his contract status.
Can we continue with Sheed and Redden? I don't believe we can in the same 22.
I Like Dom a lot but he reminds me of Priddis now, just keeps getting it and getting it but I know the opposition don't care how much he gets it. In fact they are happy he keeps getting it. Just don't let Shuey or Yeo get it.

Brander will come down to how he sees himself. By now all he wants to do is play in the seniors so he needs to see where he sits and if it's not as regular senior game with us then he will probably ask to be traded out.

Lot's of talk about Duggan but I don't see him going or wanting to go.
Sheed is the interesting one for me, I know what he did in the 18 GF but right now he is just an average accumulator of Possessions and does not hurt the opposition. Is he tradeable? Gold Coast might love someone like Dom? Not sure of his contract status.
Can we continue with Sheed and Redden? I don't believe we can in the same 22.
I Like Dom a lot but he reminds me of Priddis now, just keeps getting it and getting it but I know the opposition don't care how much he gets it. In fact they are happy he keeps getting it. Just don't let Shuey or Yeo get it.

For all Priddis’ flaws he’s a significantly better player than Sheed. Sheed is so weak in the hips and upper body and is a slow decision maker. Would honestly take a late third for him at this stage

Okay - I'm just a quick flick through to see who is OOC this year.
Players I think may be able to add something to the squad with much cost. Worth further consideration.
Not sure if Moneyball is the right term but you get the drift.

All for shits ang giggles of course but here goes.

Tyson Stengle
Yes - We know the history. BUT there is no denying the kid has talent, a lot of it.
From what I can find, it sound like he might have his head finally screwed on. A switched on Stengle makes for a very tantalising prospect.

Sam Ramsay
Probably never going to be thick enough to play inside midfield at AFL level. Sorry Blues.
He is pretty darn quick and a has a big left boot. Also some agro. Would take some work obviously but we could use that skill set in our back line.

Brayden Sier
Still OOC? A big bodied inside bull who has show some potential at the top level when given a chance. Juicy age. Well worth a closer lock for mine.

Lachlan Schultz

He looks like a caricature but I think he's a big upgrade on ZL personally. (Except muscle definition perhaps)

Lloyd Meek
I want him but I think a little bidding war will erupt over this bloke. A hell of a lot to like, would he be happy playing 2nd fiddle for a few more years yet?

Charlie Constable
A one trick pony but a very good trick. One our club is in pretty dire need of. Not versatile and doesn't fit into our modern day drafting strategy.
Still - 192cm inside midfielder does sound tantilising. Could be get him to finally start running out games????

Alex Davies
See Charlie but better skills...Downside is he's had a few injury set backs.

Dylan Moore
Nice skills, good in a contest...Especially given his size. Can find the pill. No overly fast but again, an upgrade on ZL without a doubt.

Oskar Baker
The ginger Ninja has pace to burn, a bit like Petch, I'm not sure if he's a natural forward. Perhaps would be worth trialing as a line breaking HBF?

Kane Farrell
Lovely long kick, generally well skilled and pretty damn quick. Had some injury issues but we could do worse.

There are other that we've already spoken about or will cost too much or are too old.
Just a few potential cheapies to ponder.
I've been a fan of Kane Farrell for a while. I wonder if he's aware that Amon, plus a fit Duursma, will limit his opportunities in Port's best 22. Would he look elsewhere? We have only Gaff as a natural winger, so I see a spot for him on the other side.

Dylan Moore I like, and would in fact have taken him (and Gryan Miers, and Spargo if he wasn't already gone) over Ainsworth or Petruccelle in that draft. But he's had a good year in a rebuilding side, so he's going to have more opportunities and command a higher proportion of the salary cap by staying where he is.

Big-bodied midfielders are no longer the flavour of the month. Constable and Sier are on the fringes at their own clubs, and would be on the fringes at most others, too. I wanted Constable, but I was probably wrong.

You're right about Meek. Very large man, good effort, decent skills. He's well behind Darcy, but few clubs have two better ruckmen, so he'd improve a lot of lists, ours included.

I've been a fan of Kane Farrell for a while. I wonder if he's aware that Amon, plus a fit Duursma, will limit his opportunities in Port's best 22. Would he look elsewhere? We have only Gaff as a natural winger, so I see a spot for him on the other side.

Dylan Moore I like, and would in fact have taken him (and Gryan Miers, and Spargo if he wasn't already gone) over Ainsworth or Petruccelle in that draft. But he's had a good year in a rebuilding side, so he's going to have more opportunities and command a higher proportion of the salary cap by staying where he is.

Big-bodied midfielders are no longer the flavour of the month. Constable and Sier are on the fringes at their own clubs, and would be on the fringes at most others, too. I wanted Constable, but I was probably wrong.

You're right about Meek. Very large man, good effort, decent skills. He's well behind Darcy, but few clubs have two better ruckmen, so he'd improve a lot of lists, ours included.

Farrell can unload a roost as well. Would be a good option

AFL has changed the rules. Makes players like Constable, Sier and to a lesser extent Patrick Cripps dinosaurs. If they don't win it in tight they become a liability. 6/6/6, the man on the mark rule and the man on the kick in having to be 15 metres back from the square. A ******* joke.

For all Priddis’ flaws he’s a significantly better player than Sheed. Sheed is so weak in the hips and upper body and is a slow decision maker. Would honestly take a late third for him at this stage
The issue with Sheed is he is alwaysssss hunched over so making him incredibly exposable to any player who isn’t directly in front of him.

I know everyone wants inside mids and we definitely need one but i think a hard running outside mid should be just as high a priority.
Willie can play the inside mid role fairly well i think,he's so good in traffic
With gaff getting on we need to find his successor and even right now the opposite wing from him is a problem

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I know everyone wants inside mids and we definitely need one but i think a hard running outside mid should be just as high a priority.
With gaff getting on we need to find his successor and even right now the opposite wing from him is a problem

What about Rotham as a wingman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petch?

Josh Ward would be a very good choice, but I reckon he'll be taken before our 1st unfortunately.

For mid stocks do we really need to trade in another role player on the outer with another club? We've lost Masto [pick 3] and are going to lose Shuey, Gaff, Shep, Venables, Hurn over the next little while. All those players were drafted first round as our first picks to address midfield deficiencies. We have Petch who I think is perfect for a wing. Luke Edwards. Connor West. Rioli and Ryan can both at full fitness do midfield rotations. Yeo and Kelly and Sheed all still with good years ahead of them. Redden, Gaff, Shuey still a few seasons left. And Brander as a project something, wing? Shouldn't our first priority be making some sort of play for someones first rounder, like a pick in the 2-6 range for a mid. Isn't what we need more than anything else through there just a bonafide grade a talent. A complete player. Was Nic Naitanui the last time we did something to secure a pick up the table that wasn't just our equalisation awarded mid to late first rounder? You have to give quality to get quality surely? Either do it properly or I'd be inclined to just back in what we have and work with the picks we are given looking for sliders the way we always do.

Ideally petch could take that next step, in his first preseason with us i saw a few drills where they kicked it long over his head so he could beat the defender on the run. They dont seem to utilise his speed thst well
Besides i dont know if he'll ever be much of an accumulator.

Ideally petch could take that next step, in his first preseason with us i saw a few drills where they kicked it long over his head so he could beat the defender on the run. They dont seem to utilise his speed thst well
Besides i dont know if he'll ever be much of an accumulator.

Wings don't necessarily have to accumulate huge numbers, something in the 20's is fine. More important for him to be using his pace to break away from packs and take some territory by foot, get clear of the contest and have time and space to make an effective disposal from there. I think he's accumulating more and more ball every week, also has been playing with a few hamstring niggles this year and not going 100% but seemed to be close to hitting that in the Adelaide game.

Wings don't necessarily have to accumulate huge numbers, something in the 20's is fine. More important for him to be using his pace to break away from packs and take some territory by foot, get clear of the contest and have time and space to make an effective disposal from there. I think he's accumulating more and more ball every week, also has been playing with a few hamstring niggles this year and not going 100% but seemed to be close to hitting that in the Adelaide game.
Yeah like i said ideally he'd make that spot his own,lets hope he's got more improvement in him.after gaff goes petch and edwards could be a good wing combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back