Recommitted Lachie Neale [OOC 2023 - Will honour his contract]

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Brisbane get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Parker is so good why aren’t Sydney giving him what he’s apparently worth

It's a mystery.

713b1a115f8582d65f47a968785a9f8f25a36bf1

You're gonna lose Cerra, Neale is an instant upgrade, takes attention off Serong and Brayshaw as they continue to develop and gives you the luxury of playing Fyfe up forward more often. Neale and a preserved Fyfe will put you in finals along with the natural development of your list. If Dockers want that they'll have to give up something of value for it.
Instant upgrade

Sooo what's he worth realistically then mate? At aged 25 didn't he go for Pick 6 and 19 with 30 coming back to us? Surely he has gone down in value since then considering age? :S
Something else that people forget is that it wasn't just any pick 6 that went to Fremantle for Neale, it was in the 2018 draft, which was the most hyped in years. Draft watchers said that there were 8 prospects there who were truly elite and would be #1 pick contenders in most other years (PMBangers correct me if I'm wrong). So it was a particularly valuable pick 6, even if Fremantle went on to blow it.

With that in mind, receiving pick 6 in a draft with only 2-3 elite prospects is a significant devaluation, and that's before considering the additional pick swap in Fremantle's favour in 2018. I'd say a fair trade for both sides would be a top 10 pick, plus a pick swap that gives Brisbane more points for bid matching next year, something like one or both of Brisbane's 3rds this year for Fremantle's future 2nd. I wouldn't be particularly fussed if the pick this year is 6 or 8, but we'll see what happens.

Nealo going nowhere

Neale moved to Brissie, and made his bed with a contract that goes to the end of next year.

He now wants to return because his partner wants to be around family in WA.

Flip flopping is not a good look. You can’t keep changing your mind on a whim. How would his old team mates at Freo feel ?.

A contract is a contract, hold out till the end of the contract.

I could see a 3 way trade between Freo, Brisbane and Carlton involving Neale and Cerra. I suspect supporters of all 3 teams wouldn't be happy with it which suggests it's probably on the money in terms of value. That said I don't see why Freo would be desperate to get Neale back given their list profile.

Carlton lose - Pick 6 + Future 2nd
Carlton Gain - Cerra + Pick 45 (Freo 3rd)

Brisbane Lose - Lachie Neale + Pick 18 (Brisbane 1st tied to Melbourne)
Brisbane Gain - Pick 6 (Carlton 1st) + Carlton Future 2nd

Fremantle Lose - Cerra + Pick 45
Fremantle Gain - Neale + Pick 18

Sure…except he’ll be pulling in the boots four years after he left and we’re paying for a footballer not a draft periods

LMAO. I hope you're trolling or the WA Education Department has some explaining to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see a 3 way trade between Freo, Brisbane and Carlton involving Neale and Cerra. I suspect supporters of all 3 teams wouldn't be happy with it which suggests it's probably on the money in terms of value. That said I don't see why Freo would be desperate to get Neale back given their list profile.

we don’t have athird

It's going to be a long off-season.

This trade scenario could work

That is pure dog s**t

Brisbane fans will hate it going off this thread but I think that's the best I can hope for

Neale moved to Brissie, and made his bed with a contract that goes to the end of next year.

He now wants to return because his partner wants to be around family in WA.

Flip flopping is not a good look. You can’t keep changing your mind on a whim. How would his old team mates at Freo feel ?.

A contract is a contract, hold out till the end of the contract.

In fairness, Covid wasn't a thing when he signed it and two years of borders shut down is certainly a very unique situation to the usual go home thing in previous years. Especially when starting a family.

Brisbane fans will hate it going off this thread but I think that's the best I can hope for

It's hard for us to really get a read on the trade scenarios because ours will be a big picture trade period. It's complicated by the fact we have to move out our 2022 first rounder.

We aren't going to have a tonne of free list spots so we will almost certainly end up packaging picks to move up the draft.

Back