List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Went through my Facebook ‘memories’ from 13 years ago today, and it was a status update saying

“Notte happy about how that long term prospect ended up”

I’m guessing he was delisted on this day in 2010?

We don't talk about that anymore.

Would like Ladhams. A massive upgrade on who we have backing up Nic Nat at the moment. Capable of playing with Nic Nat, or as sole ruck if Nic Nat goes down.

Having said that, not likely to happen if he's being shopped around by Port because of his contract. It's not like we have a huge amount of room...

Went through my Facebook ‘memories’ from 13 years ago today, and it was a status update saying

“Notte happy about how that long term prospect ended up”

I’m guessing he was delisted on this day in 2010?
I have a memory come up a week or two ago from 2007 saying that i hope we could get Buddy for Chris Judd. Must have been after Judd said he was going home.

An interesting exercise to think how different things would have been for everyone if we got Buddy instead of JK and Masten. Impacts on the Hawks, Swans, Blues for the next decade.

I have a memory come up a week or two ago from 2007 saying that i hope we could get Buddy for Chris Judd. Must have been after Judd said he was going home.

An interesting exercise to think how different things would have been for everyone if we got Buddy instead of JK and Masten. Impacts on the Hawks, Swans, Blues for the next decade.
Buddy could've definitely been developed in that Masten role on the defensive wing :shoutyoldman:

if we took Allen, Kelly, Ryan, Petrucelle instead we would have had to for 2 more years and been involved in 2 more drafts.

instead we took Brander, risked losing Allen and missed out on Kelly which we later gave up the farm to rectify.

20 20 hindsight is great....................

End of the day we simply folded and paid too much for Kelly at the trade table. We should have included Bander who the Cats enquired about.

But we didn't.............so here we are.

Zero point chasing yet another 2nd ruckman in Ladhams. He's a slight upgrade on Bailey, but still just another FWD/RCK.

He couldn't hold Nicnat's jock, let alone lead the team as #1 ruck if he got injured.

Plus also

View attachment 1241811
The cash is the problem. But he is a massive upgrade on Bailey.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also need to note he’s got two years on Williams. When he was Williams’ age he’d played five games of AFL.

It’d be great if Bailey could follow a similar trajectory.

At same age...

Capture.PNG

Not saying Bailey won't improve, but we need someone else to bridge the gap between Nic Nat and Bailey Williams who is clearly not ready to carry the ruck for a couple of games.

Don't overly care who it is, as long as they are capable, Ladhams is capable, and still young enough to improve even further.

I'm not joking when i say this. But how do i get in as a recruiter for WCE?

I think they need some fresh meat and new ideas. Because who ever has been involved in selecting these players need to get axed pronto.

No no, you have to have a personal relationship with someone in corporate area and then promise you will not come in and criticise.

It’s a bonus if you come with ability.

Bailey's the man now. No more ruck cover. Time to sack up and make the position his own. No more f*n preseason dunking and dumb sh*t injuries. He's got a great opportunity to grow into a 10 year role if he wants to take this business seriously. Has the raw talent.
I agree, I'd rather go into the season with Nic and Williams and like many have suggested use other players for chop outs. Darling has looked good contesting inside f50.
But time to back Williams in.
If we really need, we could use mid season draft to bring in a big body ruck from wafl etc.

Bailey's the man now. No more ruck cover. Time to sack up and make the position his own. No more f*n preseason dunking and dumb sh*t injuries. He's got a great opportunity to grow into a 10 year role if he wants to take this business seriously. Has the raw talent.

Agree completely.

But we still have the problem of how do we play Nic and Williams, aswell as JK, JD and OA?

Agree completely.

But we still have the problem of how do we play Nic and Williams, aswell as JK, JD and OA?

There's no easy solve. Going to involve a bit of handing over, smarts and awareness. Baz is second banana so he's either rucking, resting forward or on the pine.

When he's forward I think JD should be up on the wing, getting involved, touching leather, staying in the contest. Hopefully this keeps his confidence high. A bit like the 2018 GF, he was a ghost until he popped up on the back flank clunking a couple. He built his game off that outlet mark/contest.

This gives one of our mids a break while we push a tall up the ground.

Forward line of JK, Allen, JD or Baz. Never three talls plus a resting ruck. Ryan, Willie and Cripps playing at their feet.

I agree, I'd rather go into the season with Nic and Williams and like many have suggested use other players for chop outs. Darling has looked good contesting inside f50.
But time to back Williams in.
If we really need, we could use mid season draft to bring in a big body ruck from wafl etc.
Then if Nic Nat goes down for any sort of time we are done. We can write another season off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back