List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Or the tank

"

“I guess for Sam (Petrevski-Seton) he’s been thrown around this year in a few different spots and I believe he really wants to play in the midfield,” Betts told Sportsday.

“He’s got to build his tank up a little bit because he’s got the skills to use it. He’s playing in the midfield in the VFL and he’s dominating, using his skills to hit targets and racking up 30 disposals.

“I guess with him he’s been a little bit frustrated this year that he wanted to cement a spot in the side, but that wasn’t happening because he was at half-back, in the midfield, came down forward to try a small forward role and it just wasn’t clicking.

“I reckon he needs to cement his spot, but over this pre-season he needs to get his tank right and just say, ‘listen, put me in the midfield, I deserve a spot in this midfield’, and just go from there.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08...t-reason-for-petrevski-setons-carlton-issues/
Words like needs to build his tank are akin to Brander needing to improve his disposal and physicality. You can lead a horse to water.
He has been a full time athlete for how many years? Train hard and join a gym (well they get a free gym so back to step, one train hard)

What are the chances of us bending over and giving up a 2nd round pick for SPS.

pretty darn high.

I thought we traded all of them out for Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our list management have no idea it's funny. We try and play the "he's nominated us, lets be the nice guys'. We always bend over, look at Wellingham trade ..
That trade is older than you are

Sps has spent 5 years at Carlton and given every opportunity to cement a spot in the team . He can't even get a game for Carlton.

He isn't like brander having Kennedy darling mcgovern and barrass keeping him out of the team .

He still doesn't even have the running capacity to play full time midfield

If I have the choice to keep brander and not get SPS I would do it in a heart beat.

5th year midfielder averaging 14 touches a game down from almost 20 touches in 2019 .

He has stagnated he has been dropped multiple times and is worth bugger all, less than even brander who is at least still on an upward trajectory.

Interesting development. Highly rated player that hasn’t developed for whatever reason - poor application from him or mismanagement by Carlton, probably a bit of both.

A qualified thumbs up because he’s at an age we don’t have much depth in and that also gives him time to turn things around but with a tight salary cap and potentially only 6 or 7 list spots available you have to hope that this doesn’t force out someone like Rotham for example

BOND 007 I assume this was something on our radar or has it come out of the blue for the club the same as it has for us

Callum Chambers for Kane Lucas straight swap

Interesting development. Highly rated player that hasn’t developed for whatever reason - poor application from him or mismanagement by Carlton, probably a bit of both.

A qualified thumbs up because he’s at an age we don’t have much depth in and that also gives him time to turn things around but with a tight salary cap and potentially only 6 or 7 list spots available you have to hope that this doesn’t force out someone like Rotham for example

BOND 007 I assume this was something on our radar or has it come out of the blue for the club the same as it has for us
At worst it’s swapping the 22 year old Brander out for a 23 year old ’low chance but if it hits it hits big’ type.

Upside worth gambling on, but I think so is Brander’s. If (when) we lose Brander, the thought of having a more skilful but equally inconsistent potentially high upside player, hoping a change of scenery and coaching staff can unlock the door, then let’s go for it.

Price is everything. Will end up being our third, which is right on the cusp of too much for me. If it’s with our fourth pick? Giddy up, let’s get after it and hope for the best. As it stands today he’s no worse than our depth options (which is sad), and his ceiling is the highest of them all.

Then if Nic Nat goes down for any sort of time we are done. We can write another season off.
Have some faith in Williams, plus Nic has played most games in past few years.
Dogs won a premiership with make shift ruckman, clubs adapt like we did when Brown and Mackenzie went down in 2015.
Plus like I said, we could then go to mid season draft to get a ready made ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back