List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
We've become more than a footy club we are a business. Premierships seem to be second on the priority list as opposed to money which is disappointing. Of course money is important but I feel we are one of those big EPL clubs where titles don't necessirly matter as long as the coffers are full. Making sure we are top 2 in memberships, top side in W.A for revenue and also the Nisbett debacle when he pandered to fans for money after the 2020 pandemic issues despite the fact we are arguably the most profitable side around.

Since the 18 flag there has hardly been any repucussions for the continual on field failure, not making a prelim since then with our squad is unacceptable. I feel Simmo got his new deal due to his explosive performance on that Amazon documentary to be quite frank.

Rohan O'Brien has already failed miserably as our list manager, despite been with the club in recruiting type roles with us for 30 plus years, he already looks out of his depth in this role.

Genuinely fear for a 08-10 run for us coming up and the club doesn't even know it will hit them.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rohan O'Brien has already failed miserably as our list manager, despite been with the club in recruiting type roles with us for 3p years, he already looks out of his depth in this role.

Not sure how you've arrived at this conclusion when the only 2 things he's done are to get SPS for pick 52 and maybe have a part in Brander's departure.

Not sure how you've arrived at this conclusion when the only 2 things he's done are to get SPS for pick 52 and maybe have a part in Brander's departure.

I think he arrives at that conclusion because Ray Charles would have a better chance than Rohan O’Brien of seeing a decent underage midfielder

I think he arrives at that conclusion because Ray Charles would have a better chance than Rohan O’Brien of seeing a decent underage midfielder

What’s that got to do with his performance as list manager?

I memory holed this season so thoroughly that I looked up how long our Derby streak was the other day and then realised they beat us this year. 🤮

Good to remember how awful and unacceptable this season was. Need to maintain the rage.

There are zero excuses for next season. A repeat of 2021 in '22 and I'd expect mass changes at every level. Complete cleanout.

Well it's true though. Nobody blames Rawlings or Glass for being unable to draft an A-grade midfielder (unless Trew/Winder/Edwards come on of course).

Glass was a rubbish list manager, as evidenced by his failure to kick a goal in the last few years of his playing career.

What’s that? What does his playing career have to do with his later role? Don’t bother me with your semantics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spot on but you will struggle with some on here
View attachment 1263764

What about an opinion becoming fact? Does that happen if you repeat it over and over? What about when it flies in the face of your own previous opinions, does that make any difference?

We've become more than a footy club we are a business. Premierships seem to be second on the priority list as opposed to money which is disappointing. Of course money is important but I feel we are one of those big EPL clubs where titles don't necessirly matter as long as the coffers are full. Making sure we are top 2 in memberships, top side in W.A for revenue and also the Nisbett debacle when he pandered to fans for money after the 2020 pandemic issues despite the fact we are arguably the most profitable side around.

Since the 18 flag there has hardly been any repucussions for the continual on field failure, not making a prelim since then with our squad is unacceptable. I feel Simmo got his new deal due to his explosive performance on that Amazon documentary to be quite frank.

Rohan O'Brien has already failed miserably as our list manager, despite been with the club in recruiting type roles with us for 30 plus years, he already looks out of his depth in this role.

Genuinely fear for a 08-10 run for us coming up and the club doesn't even know it will hit them.

I'll cop an 08-10 run if it results in the same draft success. With the rest of the squad plus those additions we'd be set for our next premiership run.

You have do give O’Brien a go and he be judged over the coming years. Most clubs head recruiter is there list manger as well so at the point just makes sense considering there where blind sited by Glasses sudden departure.

You have do give O’Brien a go and he be judged over the coming years. Most clubs head recruiter is there list manger as well so at the point just makes sense considering there where blind sited by Glasses sudden departure.

We can judge him by his las 10+ years in his previous, semi-related role. Why do we need another 10 years?

This is just like Simpson's 'credits in the bank' line. Classic boys club BS

Yeah i'm a bit harsh on him but the Brander thing was poorly managed so yeah it's mostly based on that. Yes Glass was a terrible list manager, maybe we knew that and that's why he's gone.

So for those that want to lament Brander being delisted, here is the top 40 from 2017
1634634812459.png

Three first rounders delisted and 5 delisted in the next 22.

I have redone the top 18 (ie what a genuine first round should look like) and WCE have 3 players in my rankings;
1634634901390.png

So we stuffed up with Brander and paid a load for Kelly but in my book we got 3 of the best 10 players from the 2017 draft now on the Eagles list.

Can we move on from Brander and Ainsworth please?

So for those that want to lament Brander being delisted, here is the top 40 from 2017
View attachment 1263803

I have redone the top 18 (ie what a genuine first round should look like) and WCE have 3 players in my rankings;
View attachment 1263805

So we stuffed up with Brander and paid a load for Kelly but in my book we got 3 of the best 10 players from the 2017 draft now on the Eagles list.

Ryan at 9.

I don't think he would get outside of the top 5 if teams were picking from that draft today.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1263803

View attachment 1263805

Bailey, kelly, or starcevich with our first wouldve saved us a lot of heartache

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

View attachment 1263803

View attachment 1263805

Good post...Don't agree with the order of your rankings but good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back