List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated to us but is Dylan Shiel the biggest trade bust in the last, what, 10 years? 20 years? For the reputation/output he had coming into Essendon to the reputation/output he has now?

Unlike old newspaper clippings you never saved, the internet keeps things.

Some of this stuff is comedy gold in retrospect.

Lets remember Hannebery was getting paid well , but we gave the equivalent to a second round pick.

Essendon gave up 2 firsts for Shiel. ( The first was used for Caldwell who they stole back for two seconds ).

Hanna is as close as we got to Boyd.
( who is a crap trade forgiven ).
Imagine if Hanners comes back in like round 22 then just goes bananas in a finals series and we win the flag.

I’d take back all the things I said about his contract and he’d be a club legend.

Imagine if Hanners comes back in like round 22 then just goes bananas in a finals series and we win the flag.

I’d take back all the things I said about his contract and he’d be a club legend.
Wouldn't mind him doing a Tom Boyd.

2 firsts for Shiel makes Hanna's look like a genius trade.

Went in to
The news agents
Today to buy a lotto wearing a Saints polo and lady asks me if I follow the Saints. Turns out she’s originally from Melbourne and loves the Saints and her dad played for
Them from ‘58 to ‘63.
Why oh why did I not ask his name???????!!!
It’s killing me now.
You will have to go back and buy another newspaper. Tell them that you want to hear all about her dad, so you can tell us.......

Unlike old newspaper clippings you never saved, the internet keeps things.

Some of this stuff is comedy gold in retrospect.

Lets remember Hannebery was getting paid well , but we gave the equivalent to a second round pick.

Essendon gave up 2 firsts for Shiel. ( The first was used for Caldwell who they stole back for two seconds ).
You should read those articles. He wanted to go for big club who would get a premiership. Bombers gave up 2 first round draft picks. The other three clubs were us, blues and hawks.

You should read those articles. He wanted to go for big club who would get a premiership. Bombers gave up 2 first round draft picks. The other three clubs were us, blues and hawks.

I did read them.
Yes i thought it was hilarious that he thought he'd get into a premiership with Essendon ( Goddard all over again ). Bombers were certain he was the missing link in their midfield.

I did read them.
Yes i thought it was hilarious that he thought he'd get into a premiership with Essendon ( Goddard all over again ). Bombers were certain he was the missing link in their midfield.
That’s right, they had a team full of flair, they just needed a tough guy to put his head over the ball and..
8227D4E1-7FAC-4ADC-A096-AEA0C5A7220D.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few have mentioned him, but nobody has an answer as to who he replaces?
To me he’s as uninspiring as they come. Small, not explosive, weak

I mean that’s largely Sinclair but he has other qualities which make him very very good. No idea if McGrath’s decent, I try not to watch the Bombers if I can help it, but probably worth focusing on what he can do rather than what he can’t.

I get what your saying, and totally agree with you, but Melbourne did trade for May (pick 6 in a very, very good draft which became Ben King) and Lever (pick 10 which became Lochie O'Brien's and a future pick 19 which became Liam Stocker), so I'm not sure they're the perfect example.
There was a time that trade looked very silly, not it looks genuis

If Battle had not have moved back with success than Logue would be worth looking at

Right now I'd have Battle before Logue

Pretty injury prone too.

McGrath is a good footballer

I think he is best suited to half back or wing

If he was a FA I'd be very keen on him. We'd have no issue finding someone out of our 22 to make way for him.

The issue is the cost though. Not really high in terms of needs and would cost a small fortune to get out of the Dons.
Like who?

I like a challenge.

7 players made their St.Kilda debuts in 1958.

John Hayes
Ron Taylor
Barry McIntyre
Bruce Andrew
Brian Bowe
Verdun Howell
Ian Synman

However none of them played beyond 1960 except for two...Verdun Howell & Ian Synman...both were still playing for St.Kilda in 1963.

You might've nabbed a diamond in the rough. If I had to guess I'd say Synman (originally from Melbourne...as was the lady at the lotto).
Synman and Howell played past 1963, both played in our 1966 premiership team.

McGrath is a good footballer

I think he is best suited to half back or wing

If he was a FA I'd be very keen on him. We'd have no issue finding someone out of our 22 to make way for him.

The issue is the cost though. Not really high in terms of needs and would cost a small fortune to get out of the Dons.

Like who?

Probably the bloke we traded to Essendon along with the 2 first rounders to get him 🤪

Like who?

We are pretty short on HBF's. Apart from Coffield, Sinclair, Clark, ( Usually ) Hill, and of course Wilkie and Webster could play that role, or Jones.
But apart from that ......we have a severe shortage of HBF's and should trade multiple draft picks to address it.

We are pretty short on HBF's. Apart from Coffield, Sinclair, Clark, ( Usually ) Hill, and of course Wilkie and Webster could play that role, or Jones.
But apart from that ......we have a severe shortage of HBF's and should trade multiple draft picks to address it.
I for one welcome the bog average, mentally broken Lord Farquaad with open arms!

If his role is to replace our shithouse receptionist that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back