Preview Changes: R21 vs West Coast, Sunday August 7, 3.40pm ACST @ Optus Stadium

Will Josh Worrell get dropped this week?

• Yes, he'll be dropped for Doedee

• Yes, he'll be dropped for someone else

• No, Doedee will stay on the sidelines

• No, Doedee will come in at the expense of someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strachan is not dominating the SANFL.

RoB does when playing there.

Strachan's AFL game this year was terrible.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Strachan seems to always up in the bests for SANFL.
Rob has played one game in the SANFL this year.
Strachan played two games in the afl, the first one was average the 2nd was very acceptable - good game.
He should at least be given an opportunity to impress instead of one or two game? Who the hell is going to dominate in that short time.
He more than matched it with 2 of the best rucks going around in his two games last year.

my changes

Can we get some AFL umpires that are even remotely competent next week please?
I reacon that is up there as one of the worst officiated games in the history of the sport.. just bewildering from start to finish.

the following all depends on injury status of course but..

Himm out - TT back in
Murphy out - Rachele back in

and probably a controversial one… but.. I wouldnt care if they gave Parnell a week off and bought someone else in.. maybe give him a couple of quarters in the SANFL.. but I just think he‘s starting to look a bit tired and its causing him to make some dumb mistakes.

of course.. none of this will hapoen and we’ll go unchanged.. but I will vomit if doedee waltzes straight back in for Worrell.

Thought Himmelberg responded well in the second half. Realistically if Thilthorpe is fit, he still replaces EH though. No point rushing RT but I’m unsure of the severity of the ankle.

If Doedee is considered 100% after a week off, he might replace Hinge too. I’d definitely keep Tom on ice though.

If Worrell gets dropped I’ll lose my mind. He was excellent and much better in one on one contests than I dreamed of.

McHenry played a decent enough second half too. Probably doesn’t get axed based on that.

Milera was excellent.

Murray copped a knock but you’d think he’ll be fine.

Summary: Either unchanged or RT in for EH.

Edit: ooooh I forgot about Rachele. Could he replace Murphy or McHenry? Hmmm
If all it took for Doedee to get 100% was a week off, then why the heck have they been playing him through ’substantial’ pain for the past 2 months?

Given it’s been essentially unchanged for 2 weeks with how we’ve been playing, I can’t see them making any changes now.

Last edited:
Strachan seems to always up in the bests for SANFL.
Rob has played one game in the SANFL this year.
Strachan played two games in the afl, the first one was average the 2nd was very acceptable - good game.
He should at least be given an opportunity to impress instead of one or two game? Who the hell is going to dominate in that short time.
He more than matched it with 2 of the best rucks going around in his two games last year.
All good points.

But in terms of developing our young mids isn't it better that they play with our number one Ruck? Develop some cohesion.

Strachan will never be our main Ruck.

Strachan is not dominating the SANFL.

RoB does when playing there.

Strachan's AFL game this year was terrible.

Strachan not dominating the SANFL???…

what?.. theres talk he could win the Magarey.. commentators where talking it up during the sanfl game against the Roosters just a couple of weeks ago.

he’s a better tap ruckman than ROB
a better kick for goal
and, unlike ROB currently, he’s a bloody good mark of the football.

ROB‘s best attribute at present is his ability to spoil… his own hecking team mates!..

The problem is we have two backup quality ruckman.

Robs in awful form and hasnt taken a mark in 3 weeks. May as well show some selection integrity and play Strachan. We might find out something we don't know.

When was the last time when our captain hasn't taken a mark for 3 consecutive games...

All good points.

But in terms of developing our young mids isn't it better that they play with our number one Ruck? Develop some cohesion.

Strachan will never be our main Ruck

He won’t be when we blindly pick rob no matter his or Strachans form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id love to see rachele in, it appears he was right to play this weekend but no 2s. Hasn't played since 2/7. Really should be going through the 2s after a month out

Back