Preview Changes: R21 vs West Coast, Sunday August 7, 3.40pm ACST @ Optus Stadium

Will Josh Worrell get dropped this week?

• Yes, he'll be dropped for Doedee

• Yes, he'll be dropped for someone else

• No, Doedee will stay on the sidelines

• No, Doedee will come in at the expense of someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the thilthorpe and rachele in swaps. I would not drop parnell full stop he has to stay in. Doedee if fit would come in for hinge if hinge is sore / injured
Doedee unlikely to play this year. Why would you play him when he multiple injuries? Worrell was superb.

Last edited:

Thilthorpe for Himmelberg
Rachelle fur Murphy

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd be happy with that. Also happy for Rachelle to get some touch back in the SANFL for a week

Doedee another week out - if not, I'd look at him coming in for Hinge or Hamill (who had another week with only 3 kicks).

How about we chill on the Strachan not that good, why do people judge a 5 game player?
I've watched a lot of Strachan in the SANFL. I'm no ROB fan and would trade him for Grundy if the deal was on our terms but Strachan isn't the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s what he does off the ball that’s important too.

unchanged for mine.
We've seen last night with Keays the value of our forwards being dangerous AND playing a defensive role.

Let's aim higher than non-statistical role players.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where can improvement be made? Do we judge on endeavour or execution?
ROB, Berg, Murphy, McHenry, and Jones all try hard but they just don’t have the class moving forward. Upgrade on these 5 and we make the finals next year.

Ins - Outs
Thilthorpe - O'Brien... no marks in 3 weeks & was buggared half way through 1st quarter.
Rachele - Murphy... back in talent

B: Worrell, Butts, Hamill
HB: Smith, Murray, Hinge
C: Jones, Laird, Dawson
HF: Keays, Walker, Milera
F: Rachele, Fogarty, Thilthorpe
R: Himmelberg, Soligo, Berry
I: Parnell, Schoenberg, McHenry, McAdam

Ins - Outs
Thilthorpe - O'Brien... no marks in 3 weeks & was buggared half way through 1st quarter.
Rachele - Murphy... back in talent

B: Worrell, Butts, Hamill
HB: Smith, Murray, Hinge
C: Jones, Laird, Dawson
HF: Keays, Walker, Milera
F: Rachele, Fogarty, Thilthorpe
R: Himmelberg, Soligo, Berry
I: Parnell, Schoenberg, McHenry, McAdam
would be my 22

I actually think Worrell getting dropped is moderately likely. Hope he stays in but I suspect the reason we haven't seen him until this stage this season is because they think he plays the same role as Doedee. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Two (maybe three) for me:

Out: Himmelberg, Hamill, (Murphy).

In: Thilthorpe, Doedee, (Rachele).

Both Thilthorpe and Doedee are automatically selected when fit, however, Worrell played well enough to be retained. Hamill is squeezed as a result.

If Rachele is ready to go, I'd bring him in for Murphy, but I'm also open to shutting him down for the year now and get him primed to hit the 2023 pre-season hard.

Last edited:
I actually think Worrell getting dropped is moderately likely. Hope he stays in but I suspect the reason we haven't seen him until this stage this season is because they think he plays the same role as Doedee. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Oh it's 100% of the reason why Worrell has only got two games in the last two years, seeing we've never seen Worrell as a key defender, half back or forward option, and without injury, Worrell has no chance whatsoever of overtaking Doedee (seeing our dearth of younger, experienced players). It's unfortunate that you do need some depth in third tall, seeing how ruck like it is where there are more capable third talls then there are roles in an AFL side.

That said, I think he played well enough to potentially get a rethink from us, as much as we're slaves to our depth chart.

Last edited:
Oh it's 100% of the reason why Worrell has only got two games in the last two years, seeing we've never seen Worrell as a key defender, half back or forward option, and without injury, Worrell has no chance whatsoever of overtaking Doedee (seeing our dearth of younger, experienced players).

That said, I think he played well enough to potentially get a rethink from us, as much as we're slaves to our depth chart.
Agreed. Can try playing both of them and see how it goes.

Out:
Murphy McHenry

In:
Taylor Pedlar
Yeah I am thinking that we should focus on playing some more youth in the last 3 rounds. I would like to see Taylor and Pedlar get games this year. Worrell just got a game and given his performance he must stay in. Soligo, Rachele, Berry and Hamill should also be lining up with a possibility of Cook being a regular. I know that there is a lot of love for Parnell on this board but at this stage I am not convinced. Perhaps with another preseason he might have more body strength and more distance in his kicking.

It could mean that next year we enter the comp with 8 youngsters in the line up.

Back