Preview Changes: R21 vs West Coast, Sunday August 7, 3.40pm ACST @ Optus Stadium

Will Josh Worrell get dropped this week?

• Yes, he'll be dropped for Doedee

• Yes, he'll be dropped for someone else

• No, Doedee will stay on the sidelines

• No, Doedee will come in at the expense of someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Keays forward a one-off Kerridge moment or will we continue to use him there?

Hopefully it wasn't just a specific Saad tactic
It’s about time we started making these intercept markers accountable.

Is Keays forward a one-off Kerridge moment or will we continue to use him there?

Hopefully it wasn't just a specific Saad tactic
I'll, we can play Keays as a forward/midfielder where we don't need him in a specific role on a defender.

Once again we only had 4 players rotated through the middle yesterday. No reason why we can't rotate 6 or so players through... as all capable of spending some time forward.

Mix it up depending on how players are performing on the day to give more flexibility.

TT for Berg possibly, but I don't think Doedee should come back in, as it appeared to me he had more than just a niggle. I did hear on the radio commentary that Murray had rolled an ankle, so it'll be interesting to see what they do if he's ruled out...maybe Frampton comes in.

Two (maybe three) for me:

Out: Himmelberg, Hamill, (Murphy).

In: Thilthorpe, Doedee, (Rachele).

Both Thilthorpe and Doedee are automatically selected when fit, however, Worrell played well enough to be retained. Hamill is squeezed as a result.

If Rachele is ready to go, I'd bring him in for Murphy, but I'm also open to shutting him down for the year now and get him primed to hit the 2023 pre-season hard.

Doedee can't have corrected 2 months of injury impaired form by missing a single week. Bringing him back would be stupidity.

Doedee can't have corrected 2 months of injury impaired form by missing a single week. Bringing him back would be stupidity.
Worrell's performance last night would usually light a fire under a senior player and motivate them to rush back

Cultural test for us

Worrell's performance last night would usually light a fire under a senior player and motivate them to rush back

Cultural test for us

Worrell's performance is exactly why our senior players keep putting up their hand. And no problem, it's their body, their call. Just drop them when the performance dips to a droppable level, that's all that is asked. Whether it's form or injury is irrelevant.

A disgrace if he’s dropped

View attachment 1461790

The other thing that stands out from his game - compared to Tom - is he has the size to go with DeKonig and McKay when he was matched up on them. 195cm against 187cm makes a big difference against the bigger players
Doedee should be “competing” for the small defender role moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The other thing that stands out from his game - compared to Tom - is he has the size to go with DeKonig and McKay when he was matched up on them. 195cm against 187cm makes a big difference against the bigger players

& was comfortable when matched up on smaller players at times too... so there is no issue playing him with Doedee when he is fit.

Oh it's 100% of the reason why Worrell has only got two games in the last two years, seeing we've never seen Worrell as a key defender, half back or forward option, and without injury, Worrell has no chance whatsoever of overtaking Doedee (seeing our dearth of younger, experienced players). It's unfortunate that you do need some depth in third tall, seeing how ruck like it is where there are more capable third talls then there are roles in an AFL side.

That said, I think he played well enough to potentially get a rethink from us, as much as we're slaves to our depth chart.

Worrell brings a lot more size to the interceptor role than Doedee. Definitely needs to be given more opportunity.
Personally if he were happy to go back to Melbourne and we could package him to get JHF I would trade Tom in a heartbeat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t mind throwing this one. 😬
I concur. We don't want to be finishing any higher than where we are now. Philippou (my choice for our first pick) should still be available still around our current pick (4 currently without F/S selections) but we don't want to be getting out to pick 6.

We're likely to beat NM next week, and I REALLY want to beat Port in the last game, so don't need to be winning our last 4 games for the year.

TT for Himmelberg if fit is probably the only change I can see happening. Maaaybee Doedee for Hinge if he's deemed fit but I'd give him another week off.
Surely Doedee couldn't be 100%. You don't carry a 'niggle' for 8wks and then recover with 1wk off.

That doesn't necessarily mean he won't play though. Let's hope common sense plays a part here, and also give (at least) another week to see Worrel.

Great point

Actually opens the door for Murray to pinch hit in ruck if needed too

Surely Doedee couldn't be 100%. You don't carry a 'niggle' for 8wks and then recover with 1wk off.

That doesn't necessarily mean he won't play though. Let's hope common sense plays a part here, and also give (at least) another week to see Worrel.
There is absolutely nothing to be gained by playing injured players in a rebuild year.

When Doedee is ready to return, we can then move Dawson on to a wing & keep Worrell in the team.

Worrell needs to play out the year.

Ins - Outs
Thilthorpe - O'Brien... no marks in 3 weeks & was buggared half way through 1st quarter.
Rachele - Murphy... back in talent

B: Worrell, Butts, Hamill
HB: Smith, Murray, Hinge
C: Jones, Laird, Dawson
HF: Keays, Walker, Milera
F: Rachele, Fogarty, Thilthorpe
R: Himmelberg, Soligo, Berry
I: Parnell, Schoenberg, McHenry, McAdam
McHenry out thanks. Hes got the most out of his limited ability. Let’s not waste anymore time.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by playing injured players in a rebuild year.

When Doedee is ready to return, we can then move Dawson on to a wing & keep Worrell in the team.

Worrell needs to play out the year.
I look forward to when Doedee is available for selection to challenge Nicks with who he drops/retains.

If Dawson was to push to the wing, that probably forces Hinge out if Doedee is selected.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh it's 100% of the reason why Worrell has only got two games in the last two years, seeing we've never seen Worrell as a key defender, half back or forward option, and without injury, Worrell has no chance whatsoever of overtaking Doedee (seeing our dearth of younger, experienced players). It's unfortunate that you do need some depth in third tall, seeing how ruck like it is where there are more capable third talls then there are roles in an AFL side.

That said, I think he played well enough to potentially get a rethink from us, as much as we're slaves to our depth chart.
Surely they can play Worrell in the Dawson role down back and Dawson on a wing. I can't see why they can't play Worrell and Doedee together. They played Dawson and Doedee together didn't they?

Last edited:
I look forward to when Doedee is available for selection to challenge Nicks with who he drops/retains.

If Dawson was to push to the wing, that probably forces Hinge out if Doedee is selected.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Hinge or Hamill are the likely players dropped for Doedee, and I'm okay with that.

6 week injury healed in one week.....riiiigghht

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When doedee is fit...

B: Worrell, Butts, Hamill
HB: Smith, Murray, Doedee
C: Jones, Laird, Dawson
HF: Keays, Walker, Milera
F: Rachele, Fogarty, Thilthorpe
R: Himmelberg, Soligo, Berry
I: Parnell, Schoenberg, Hinge, McAdam

Back