Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 21 - Demons v Pies Fri Aug 5th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood get lucky again, this wont hold up against good opposition.
There isn’t any! Geelong? One side. Nobody else is fair dinkum. The only hope we have is scraping into third or fourth and finding some huge turnaround in a month. We’ve got to overhaul our forwards. You kicked 46 points in the second half to our 20. That’s just not AFL standard.

There’s no dominant side. If this was 2019 or 2020 you’d know Richmond would just decimate anyone, but Geelong is a perennial choker and Collingwood are scraping in, they’re doing enough.

I’ll call it now. Pies flag.

great game by the pies especially the second half where they looked like a different team. hope they can carry that form into finals so we can see some banger finals games!

A real football club that has overcome adversity as they try to get another crack at that Grand Final they so narrowly lost in 2018.

They are going to be scary next month. Geelong and Melbourne = watch out.

And another successful tip for me.

Swans vs Pies next Sunday afternoon (August 14) is going to be a great game.

Scariest thing is out of the clubs still in the mix Collingwood have the most ceiling for improvement. Have yet to play 4 quarters all year, scary prospect if it happens come September. Best thing about the game against Sydney is that an in form Sydney would force Collingwood to win a different way other than absorbing pressure and then counter-attacking.

Dogs kept coming at the Dees 2 weeks ago, Dees looked to have the answers that night but the Dogs come at them one too many times and the Pies have done the same tonight to the Dees.

6 losses out of 10 for the Dees, and its now an issue. Virtually another 100 points conceded, now becoming regular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scariest thing is out of the clubs still in the mix Collingwood have the most ceiling for improvement. Have yet to play 4 quarters all year, scary prospect if it happens come September. Best thing about the game against Sydney is that an in form Sydney would force Collingwood to win a different way other than absorbing pressure and then counter-attacking.

Not sure this is true. I doubt Collingwood have anything left and really have to win the flag this year.

Excellent, Pies, pressure unbelievable I won't put the mozz on you but that is premiership pressure, and the Pies have got it, and will keep it!

You have some guns in that team, long time ago I said that Big Tree and Jamie Elliot were super professionals, they were both great, I 'm not a Collingwood person I 'm a Hawk,I am not that clued up on your teams but you have got it folks.

What I loved tonight was this was

A REAL GAME OF AUSTRALIAN RULES GOT PLAYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A traditional game Melb V Coll, what else could a bloody Victorian not be blown away by.

Modern football, with contact and contest and no argument, we can now get back to rubbishing the umpires with a few jokes like it used to be ,when standing in the crowd. It had you yelling and laughing most of the game!

The point about this game is that Collingwood did not play a pack of mugs, you guys played a premier!! Melbourne, with all the talent and performance capability of a premiership team. You beat the best . That's how you judge yourself, it's on the strength of your enemy!

I loved the game, and I have to say one thing I noticed, which really made me extremely happy, the "Dukanlift" seems to be gone away, in a short time, from most players, those shocking frees, to get umps sucked in are almost gone. Heavy stuff in our sport should be that way.

AND over heavy stuff is a free kicked.

Like it always should have been.

I wonder if the AFL realise what a gigantic favour they've done for the public footy fans. Away goes the horrible unfairness, they've binned it!!

Thanks Pies and Melbourne best game this year!

And now, fans can enjoy something with no anger and frustration. Well, a little, ha ha .

A real football club that has overcome adversity as they try to get another crack at that Grand Final they so narrowly lost in 2018.

They are going to be scary next month. Geelong and Melbourne = watch out.

And another successful tip for me.

Swans vs Pies next Sunday afternoon (August 14) is going to be a great game.
Geelong beat Collingwood already, why would they need to watch out.

The Dees need to sort out their forward line, that's the second time in a couple of weeks they have dominated most of the game but still lost.

They should have buried both the Dogs and the Pies but they left the door open for them to make a comeback.

Back