List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't my point.
Of course you'd go if another club offered a longer contract.

From another club perspective, to offer two years to a player with an injury history, and who has player very little AFL over few years, is risky.
Are there other clubs willing to offer two? Where has that been suggested? Just that his manager is trying to get him two elsewhere.
Havent a lot of people said Essendon are interested?

Just on Grundy - he and Marshall play very similarly as ruckmen. Both in the team would mean you would essentially have the same ruck style 100% of game time.
Yeah, I'm not convinced it would be a good move.
I like Roma as the single ruck actually, think he plays best that way.
Just need a back up ruck till Heath is ready and Hayes can be the ruck chop out. Hell, even Battle can do it :)

I’ll spew if we get Amon.

Literally Jack Billings/Brad Hill 2.0

Also a horrible set shot at goal

IF Hill is traded, I can see us going hard after Grundy.

It makes too much sense both positionally with Ryder retiring and with Hill's contract off the books.

Given Collingwood were reportedly willing to pay part of his contract, they might take less pick wise if a club is willing to pay more of the contract.

Yuck, he's been B grade since he signed his massive contract and too similar to Marshall. I'd rather Lobb and I rate Lobb pretty low. Neither are exceptional at ruck/ tap work, both great as an extra mid type and good marking around the ground, neither are very good resting forward. To me a ruck/forward as a chop out would be much more beneficial. We could probably make do with Hayes for a year and don't need to panic buy. Campbell and Heath are emergency break glass options anyway.

hit the cup window in 4 years

In 4 years all our current best players (bar king, gresham and battle) will be past their peak.

Marshall, steele, sinclair, membery, crouch, ross... all will be past their best years in 4 years time.

Our cup window never actually opens if we wait for kids to be true, reliable guns while our current guns fall off their peak abilities.

We wait and in 4 years time we are no closer to a flag than we are now.

Because sure- maybe owens and windhager etc become A graders (maybe).. but by the time they do- marshall, sincs, steele aren't anymore.

Waiting 4 years is not an option at this point.
We have built the list to maturity to have a serious crack at a flag in the next 3 years.

If that doesn't work- in 4 years time it's time to clear out the old guys and start all over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bytel is another one like Byrnes where a lot of us rate him but he’d hardly be priority target for other clubs. Heck Dunston had more runs on the board than either of these two and was lucky to find a club willing to take him in as a fringe player. Loosing Battle would have been a scarier. I like Bytel and Byrnes myself but wouldn’t be to concerned about loosing them. Only one I really don’t want to loose people have been talking about is Nasiah.

Dunstan, Ross and Billings timed it badly as lists were reduced in Covid as were caps. They were out of contract at exactly the wrong time, wait a year and they are probably a lot more in demand. Also not many clubs topping up as they went back to the draft to keep caps low and because it's worked for a lot of them it's become a trend again.

Just on Grundy - he and Marshall play very similarly as ruckmen. Both in the team would mean you would essentially have the same ruck style 100% of game time.
And the problem with that is ?
That's like saying you cant have two Dangerfield's in the same team , madness

If he wants to leave let him leave.

It’s exciting to think we could have a relatively large number of new saints next year in place of a few like Hill and Jones who are scapegoats here.

NWM is a blow. But ream an SA and enjoy the ride.

Land De Goey and why can’t we push for something like the pies have done this year?

Doing something is better then doing the same thing we have done for the last 2 seasons.
Because the pies made a grand final and almost won it with key parts of the list they currently still have

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yuck, he's been B grade since he signed his massive contract and too similar to Marshall. I'd rather Lobb and I rate Lobb pretty low. Neither are exceptional at ruck/ tap work, both great as an extra mid type and good marking around the ground, neither are very good resting forward. To me a ruck/forward as a chop out would be much more beneficial. We could probably make do with Hayes for a year and don't need to panic buy. Campbell and Heath are emergency break glass options anyway.

Think I rate Grundy a bit higher than you but I still don’t like it either. Agree I would much rather have Marshall rucking the majority of the game and pick up a ruck that is a forward first as support, much like Lobb. Two birds one stone in that it helps out Max as well.

And the problem with that is ?
That's like saying you cant have two Dangerfield's in the same team , madness

My apologies if you perceived that I was suggesting it would be a problem. I think the issue with the Ryder/Marshall combo is they ruck completely differently, and a look at my previous posts would indicate I have had this view for a while. This would not be the case with Grundy/Marshall.

Well done North Melbourne on getting their man, hopefully he can lift them out of their mire.

The commentary around Hill will now make it very interesting. If we do off load Hill it will open up a lot of potential targets trade wise; Grundy, De Goey, Amon etc.

It's huge for them. If nothing else it's. statement of intent. Even Blight at St Kilda got us players, members and attention. We all of a sudden looked serious. When it didn't work out the admin were stung into action under pressure too. Even if it fails to move them forward massively it's huge for them. Probably keeps their want aways and pulls in guys who never would have considered them.

Players already there will want to prove themselves and those that don't will be cut without emotion. I'm jealous to be honest. It really shows that they intend to move forward with a bit of momentum. We are in a safety first mode, scared to go straight up the centre, preferring to chip it around inside the defensive 50 until we turn it over.

Our board didn't want to chase Clarko preferring to have a spread of staff. We are like a drunk in the park laughing at those posh campaigners who spend $100 on a bottle of wine when we bought 8 casks of fruity lexia for the same money.

Looks like Acres is on the move again.

BRING THE ORIGINAL GOAT HOME

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He'd cost more than Hill gets us and we'd wonder why he turned back to shit when he got to us again. We need guys who win ball because we aren't very good at using runners on the outside.

I’ll spew if we get Amon.

Literally Jack Billings/Brad Hill 2.0

Also a horrible set shot at goal

He's not a forward though, he's literally an outside mid/wing who runs all day. He's pretty much what we wanted from Hill. It doesn't look like that's really what we need but set shot conversion isn't his downfall.

Think I rate Grundy a bit higher than you but I still don’t like it either. Agree I would much rather have Marshall rucking the majority of the game and pick up a ruck that is a forward first as support, much like Lobb. Two birds one stone in that it helps out Max as well.

Before he signed he looked like he'd be the best of his generation but he's very meh to me. Marshall is playing better footy at these days and would be wasted having both.

Not everyday you torch pick 5? on Brad hill

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, no, no, now we are meant to celebrate them getting anything we can back for him.

Technically he was a bargain. Pick 10, Acres, pick 58 and a future second and fourth round pick.....but today we celebrate that Clarko may want him back and we can lose him and pay half his salary for the next few years or get him off the books cheap. Keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back