List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d do that in a heartbeat.

Not sure North would. Clarkson is smarter than that.
Thomas been on the outer and lots of talk of his attitude being an issue (not something Clarko has generally tolerated) plus we hold the whip hand here.
Might be overs but Hun reporting a late first or early second.

Thomas or late first/early second feels like overs to me but I’ll take any of em.

Why would we not be looking at Frampton , he can play and is 202cm

DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 8​
May 8​
14​
1​
15​
6​
1​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
3​
7​
1​
3​
60​
78​
Round 7​
Apr 30​
11​
2​
13​
7​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
6​
1​
0​
59​
69​
Round 6​
Apr 23​
18​
8​
26​
9​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
1​
7​
1​
0​
98​
124​
Round 5​
Apr 16​
18​
4​
22​
9​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
5​
6​
1​
0​
90​
82​
Round 4​
Apr 10​
9​
7​
16​
3​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
2​
7​
2​
0​
52​
71​
Round 3​
Apr 1​
12​
4​
16​
5​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
5​
5​
2​
1​
58​
Yep he would be that lockdown defender we desperately need.

The fantasy world where he is contracted. Saints have not indicated they want to get rid of Hill. Hill has not indicated he wants out
Only thing that has been mentioned is that Clarko talked to Hill mid season.
If he wants a contracted Hill and is at North and they get an end of R1 PP that they have to trade, that would be the goal. Basically a high second rounder.

All speculation and fun posting scenarios is all.
Maybe more than just speculation.

You are throwing darts and missing the board tonight mate.

Terrible at list building for 20 years.

We have made 3 grand finals.
5 x prelims
1 x minor premiership
5 x top 4 finishes

In the last 20 years.

We lost a number 1 pick to an insane amount of concussions. He now looks like the A/A CHB.
Are we unlucky or bad at recruiting?

We lost Roberton and Steven. 2 of our guns to injuries that impact a small few of the league.

Poor recruiting or horrible luck?

We stuffed the Billings pick, only because the Dogs struck ******* oil with Bont.

Hanners was money that must have been spent due to our cap saving and missing out on players such as Kelly. Who at different points of the year was a “saint”, just like he was a “roo”.

We did a mini rebuild via the trade table. Made and won a final directly after and unluckily lost 2 influential players in Ryder and Long the week before + Gresham a few weeks earlier. We covered Richmond easily early that year.

s**t the bed in the first half of 21’. Roared home in the second.
Completed the reverse in 22’.

it’s never as good or as bad as you think. You could have an off season that follows:

If Hill goes. Get a good pick. If NWM leaves, put a high price on him. Move heaven and earth and land an actual bloody star like De Goey.

Go to the draft with multiple first rounders this year. Come back next year with a young list brimming with talent and a new star in De Goey.

Ports first
Our first
Ask for Norths end of first round pick for Hill (we will pay 300k for the next 2 years. )

Try work a trade involve second/ third rounders for Brisbanes first.

All of a sudden it looks like a bright future behind King Windhager Owens Paton Higgins Coffield Clark Battle Sharman all under 25 in our best 22 in 2023 along with a few first rounders this year + Howard Marshall De Goey Steel Crouch Wilkie Gresham Ross Membrey Battle Dmac Sinclair Billings.
I love this post and you make some great points. Yet i feel you are glossing over certain areas while skipping over the clubs failings.

Example, three grand finals in reality is two. Paddy Mac was a huge blunder over Petracca. Concussions aside, say he never had any, it was always Petracca at our pick but we had to get cute. From the time Lyon joined the club which i wanted, he was great at getting the most out of the team yet during his tenure that started the rot with our piss poor recruiting till very recently.

We traded hard for Hill when he was never worth what we were offering.
We traded hard for a broken down star and offered massive overs and a long contract. That is plain incompetence.
We traded Ben Mcevoy out by force and then wasted the picks.
We used our two top ten picks on two half back flankers. Dogs grab a gun key forward after our picks.

It goes on and on.

Yet like you say we have been unlucky. In just as many areas the club has been run by fools. It's all history though and our future does like bright at present if we can get it right. Like you, i believe we can make good inroads into the top 8.

Thomas been on the outer and lots of talk of his attitude being an issue (not something Clarko has generally tolerated) plus we hold the whip hand here.
Might be overs but Hun reporting a late first or early second.

Thomas or late first/early second feels like overs to me but I’ll take any of em.

Thomas is a talent though. I’d suggest that Clarkson would fancy his coaching to turn Thomas around.

But if we can get this deal done then I’m all for it.

I think it’s more likely that North gets pick 19 as a priority pick that they must then trade for an experienced player. This pick is used in the Hill deal.

It’s interesting that the club is quiet with all this Hill speculation swirling around. It’s North who are driving it.

Saints hold the whip hand here. Hill is contracted. North will need to take on his full salary.

I love this post and you make some great points. Yet i feel you are glossing over certain areas while skipping over the clubs failings.

Example, three grand finals in reality is two. Paddy Mac was a huge blunder over Petracca. Concussions aside, say he never had any, it was always Petracca at our pick but we had to get cute. From the time Lyon joined the club which i wanted, he was great at getting the most out of the team yet during his tenure that started the rot with our piss poor recruiting till very recently.

We traded hard for Hill when he was never worth what we were offering.
We traded hard for a broken down star and offered massive overs and a long contract. That is plain incompetence.
We traded Ben Mcevoy out by force and then wasted the picks.
We used our two top ten picks on two half back flankers. Dogs grab a gun key forward after our picks.

It goes on and on.

Yet like you say we have been unlucky. In just as many areas the club has been run by fools. It's all history though and our future does like bright at present if we can get it right. Like you, i believe we can make good inroads into the top 8.

And Bruce we turned into Jones and now looks like he's probably delisted as well. Keep losing capital to bring in players that aren't an upgrade and eventually you just have to start again.

The club has realised that they've ****ed a lot of stuff up all of a sudden. I'm pleased that they've worked it out but they shouldn't be applauded for working out that they ****ed things up.

Our greatest recent achievements are working out that we're on the wrong path and paying off half of the extraordinary amount of debt that we ran up through our own dumbassness.

Honestly the Saints fans are the most easily pleased fans in the universe. 150 years next year and we are starting with a flat tyre.

Am I the only one slightly nervous about the almost overnight "public" destruction of the club? Hill is as soft as butter but where is our run coming from? Oppo can tag Sincs all day and we don't have a single other player with leg speed to go through the middle. Factor in the talks of NWM also leaving and wow... big holes incoming. Where is all our pace coming from? We're already slow as s**t and thats with our current playing list.

If we lose a few outer players like Bytel and Longy, I can't see us bringing in replacements that are any better - I see both these guys being given the flick, instantly getting to a new club and starring. Surely we're not going full rebuild... surely.
I would be looking at Billy Frampton from the Crows as a 200cm lockdown defender.
Move Dougal up HB. He is one of the quickest on the club. Use his run and carry off HB.

And Bruce we turned into Jones and now looks like he's probably delisted as well. Keep losing capital to bring in players that aren't an upgrade and eventually you just have to start again.

The club has realised that they've *ed a lot of stuff up all of a sudden. I'm pleased that they've worked it out but they shouldn't be applauded for working out that they *ed things up.

Our greatest recent achievements are working out that we're on the wrong path and paying off half of the extraordinary amount of debt that we ran up through our own dumbassness.

Honestly the Saints fans are the most easily pleased fans in the universe. 150 years next year and we are starting with a flat tyre.
In what world would we delist a 27yo Zac Jones when we already have 4 list spots without anyone else retiring or getting moved on?

Some of the shit in this thread is absolutely perplexing. The only way to improve is to build on what we have right now and balance the list a bit better.

The club has realised that they've *ed a lot of stuff up all of a sudden. I'm pleased that they've worked it out but they shouldn't be applauded for working out that they *ed things up.

Doubt we’re delisting Jones.
Plenty of others before him.

Retired
Geary
Hanners
Paddy
The kid who walked away - can’t remember his name.

Delisted
Joyce
Kent
Campbell?

Probably at least 6 spots coming available and others we wouldn’t even know about. Jones will stay, I’m pretty sure. Hopefully in a better state mental health wise next season.

In what world would we delist a 27yo Zac Jones when we already have 4 list spots without anyone else retiring or getting moved on?

Some of the s**t in this thread is absolutely perplexing. The only way to improve is to build on what we have right now and balance the list a bit better.

I thought Stavro was suggesting jettisoning Hill and Jones. I imagine no-one is paying anything for him.

Bruce has been no super star at the Dogs and could well be battling to stay in there side next year.
Zac Jones had some problem at the start of the year and when he came back it was noticeable he had lost a lot of weight and he form has be way off , to cast him aside for his poor season would be a poor decision unless they know he is a lost cause.

We pick up a few key pieces and we will be higher than where we are now.

Lets see what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had quick look at the North corresponding board and they’re talking about Acres who has apparently only been offered one year by Freo and is possibly looking to return to Melbourne.

Didn’t read many posts but they’ve obviously heard some rumour about him as they’re discussing whether they’d rather have him or Hill.

Not like we don’t need another big body….🤔

Last edited:
Doubt we’re delisting Jones.
Plenty of others before him.

Retired
Geary
Hanners
Paddy
The kid who walked away - can’t remember his name.

Delisted
Joyce
Kent
Campbell?

Probably at least 6 spots coming available and others we wouldn’t even know about. Jones will stay, I’m pretty sure. Hopefully in a better state mental health wise next season.
Agree on Jones.

I do wonder why people keep suggesting delisting Campbell though? Seems like he understands his role and has been huge in the VFL. Costs us SFA in the salary cap. And without Paddy we dont have a backup for Marshall (Heath is a long way off). So unless he retires, for me Campbell is a no brainer to keep on the list

Agree on Jones.

I do wonder why people keep suggesting delisting Campbell though? Seems like he understands his role and has been huge in the VFL. Costs us SFA in the salary cap. And without Paddy we dont have a backup for Marshall (Heath is a long way off). So unless he retires, for me Campbell is a no brainer to keep on the list
Yep. Could be right. Was wondering if he was keen to go on? I wouldn’t have problem keeping him …just looked like they’re giving games to players who may not be here next year.

Whispers I’m hearing is Paddy will retire. Body is cooked.
If he is able to carry on I would think a pernament role as rucking full forward and only rucking those forward 50 throw ins would serve us pretty well. He can be a detriment when not "on" as a general ruck but him taking the 2nd defender and allowing king to play a broader game without sacraficing the forward line I think could work and his tap work to small forwards is legendary afterall.

I’d be gutted if NWM left, so much potential there. Hopefully nothing but a rumour, you would think the club would have done their research especially through his step-dad Terry to see if he was shy of living away from home.
I’m sorry, but prefer a Winghager to 2 NWM anyday… his kicking is no where as good as reported playing in our system, just like Hill.

That’s why we’re underestimating our list by saying our skills are ordinary.. With our current headless chook game style, even prime Harvey will be turning the ball constantly.. no space to work with, no structure, everyone is buggered from all the tackling/chasing, and no one leading at you ever.. No chance to execute good skills..

Had quick look at the North corresponding board and they’re talking about Acres who has apparently only been offered one year by Freo and is possibly looking to return to Melbourne.

Didn’t read many posts but they’ve obviously heard some rumour about him as they’re discussing whether they’d rather have him or Hill.

Not like we don’t need another big body….🤔

Freo were trying to move him on to fit Jackson. His $600k or what ever it is is starting to bite them now they need space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back