List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Gallagher it sounds like the De Goey decision hasn’t been made yet.

Or, at the very least, Saints haven’t been told.

Or they know but also know better than to break the news on his behalf on trade radio haha

Saints reluctant to trade Hunter Clark, would expect him to be a Saint next year and for a long time.

Seems like its clark more than the saints wanting a trade. But gags saying hopefully he'll stick around for a long time to come

So

De Goey Maybe
Hill and Clark to stay
Weideman to help Roma

No comment on Bowes?

"Open minded and having discussions involving players and picks" regarding Gold Coast, Ben Long & Bowes

Listening to Gallagher it sounds like the De Goey decision hasn’t been made yet.

Or, at the very least, Saints haven’t been told.
my take was that he knew he was staying with Collingwood. said twice 'we will know more in the next few days'

Gags on Trade Radio:

• quieter this trade period
  • still aiming to improve the list
  • keeping 9
  • open to moving up
  • on draft night could move down a couple of spots if it is in their interest.
  • interest in DeGoey, should know in the next couple of days.
DeGoeys decision could still shape the Saints during trade week.
  • very much after high end talent.
  • need another tall to help at both ends.
  • keen to give Ro full time ruck gig.
  • would love for Hayes, Sharman and Heath to take the opportunity but experience player wld help
talk turned to Hunter, under contract, really reluctant to trade him as they don't think they've seen best due to injury. Expected to stay.
  • On Hill, he is expected to stay. Confident to get best out of him.
  • Longy they don't want to lose but open to all possibilities.
  • includes player and picks in regards to Long and potentially Bowes.

So De Goey a very outside chance.
Hill will stay.
Want Clark to stay, hopeful he will stay but won't hand him over for nothing if he is traded.
Looking for another key forward/ruck and someone down back.
Talking to GC about a player in the Long trade.
Will use a first round but open to trading up or down the first rd on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mason Wood, Tom Highmore, Tom Campbell and Jack Peris have put pen to paper to finalise fresh contract extensions, each signing on for an additional year to tie them to the club until the end of 2023.

Which teams have 2 genuine KPD talls that dont equate to what we have?

May, Lever and Petty probably fill the quota (although May is shorter than most people think).

Geelong won a flag with one genuine key position backman and three dudes who float around short.

Ultimately its a structure thing if were going Doogs, Battle and Wilkie as the third then bringing in another means one of them doesnt play or the new guy doesnt play or were completely re doing our backline structure.
I didn't comment so you to pick it apart. My point was that I'm right and the rest of you need to get in line. We need a genuine FB and that does not require the displacement of the aforementioned players.

On the talls, Weideman has a Rhys Stanley feel about where he is in his career. Shown moments but not enough to shore up a spot. I'm wondering if giving him more time in the ruck might transform him in to a valuable Marshall replacement.

On the talls, Weideman has a Rhys Stanley feel about where he is in his career. Shown moments but not enough to shore up a spot. I'm wondering if giving him more time in the ruck might transform him in to a valuable Marshall replacement.
Rhys Stanley had just come off a season with a few exceptional games.
I think you mean it has a Jordan Staley feel.

"We are hopeful it will fall our way" re De Goey.

Wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back