List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Great to re-sign Brennan although I am not a fan of long contracts.

3 year contracts are better - more flexibility.
eh theres flexibility to be had with long term contracts as well though, back/front end contracts and you understand exactly where your cap is at at those points with the important players locked in

The likelihood of Brennan Cox's contract negotiations going similar to Angus Brayshaw last season is fairly high I would think. I don't think Cox was all that likely to leave but Adelaide would have kept Freo honest on the term of the deal.

He's contracted for the rest of his career now, as he would have been at Adelaide. Done.

If we need a marking tall to play forward and any of Hamling, Davies, Draper are capable of playing down back - that problem is now solved for the rest of the decade.

Great to re-sign Brennan although I am not a fan of long contracts.

3 year contracts are better - more flexibility.
Nah, the model is to sign up ever A grader for 6+ years so when we start dominating it can be for an extended period. The pain of 1 not working out will be covered by the 8 others being on less money for longer.

If you want flexibility, just have a Collingwood style fire sale.

If your A grader drops off, just wait longer till they turn it around. Look at Cogs for instance.

Take a look at how much the salary cap has moved:

2014: $9,921,000
2015: $10,071,000
2016: $10,360,000
2017: $12,450,000 (New CBA)
to
2022: $13,540,000
2023: $14,700,000 (+50% ish on 2014)
to
2027: Approx $18,100,000
Need to be careful to not end up like a few NBA teams who splashed big on free agents when the salary cap jumped and have dead money on the books.

Need to be careful to not end up like a few NBA teams who splashed big on free agents when the salary cap jumped and have dead money on the books.
Alternatively, we add the comparative of Kevin Durant to the team and become an unstoppable juggernaught

A lot of nothing in there, but Hogan doesn't point the finger at anyone other than himself which is a credit to him.
Some people take a long time to grow up looks like he finally has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of nothing in there, but Hogan doesn't point the finger at anyone other than himself which is a credit to him.
Lines up with everything I witnessed. His house is in the next street, which I believe he still owns. Was always alone and walking the streets.

I'd honestly consider using some of the extra cash to have a crack at Billings. If taking him and his $$ off the saints, helps us get pick 12 for Henry...?

He either finds form on half forward as a burst mid, or helps the development at Peel for a few years and is decent depth. At worst becomes a rehab buddy for Fyfey.

I think there's something there, and has been mismanaged / played out of position. But it's more about buying that pick.

Although, as a side note, McClure thought that Henry was worth AT LEAST pick 10.

So the saints have pick 31 and 12.
We will want 12 for Henry. They will want to give us 31.
If I was a betting man I'd say this is going to be another Logue/Acres debacle where we blink first, get the pick 31, and exchange some meaningless late round swaps.
For all the feathers in his cap, I haven't seen that much evidence of Belly playing hard ball at the trade table. (Remembering Lachie Weller was before his time).

So the saints have pick 31 and 12.
We will want 12 for Henry. They will want to give us 31.
If I was a betting man I'd say this is going to be another Logue/Acres debacle where we blink first, get the pick 31, and exchange some meaningless late round swaps.
For all the feathers in his cap, I haven't seen that much evidence of Belly playing hard ball at the trade table. (Remembering Lachie Weller was before his time).
Brad Hill and Cera was definately a win for him. Saints and Carlton's opening offers in both casees were ridicuous unders from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back