India vs Australia 4th test Dharamsala, the Virat Kohli Cup, March 25 - 29, 3pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

So do the Aussies have any chance today? It would take a miracle spell of bowling to get it. I'd throw the ball to Cummins and SOK at the start. Hopefully Cummins will have full red line fever and bowl 150km thunderbolts. SOK to tie up and end so they can't score any runs. If that doesn't work for 6 overs then give it to Lyons and pray that he has an inspired spell like the first innings... as opposed to the serviceable stuff he usually delivers.

Zero chance. More chance of South Australia not collapsing in the Shield...and that's unlikely too!

If you think it is a catch and you claim it, what have you done wrong?

If you appeal for a caught begin that you think the batsman hit, what have you done wrong?

Dying to hear this explanation.

As long as you catch it it is fine, you at least should have the courtesy to say to the umpire "it's close, check it". In fact a lot of cricketers would. Again if you have actually fielded in close/slips, you know if it is close. I'd have more sympathy if he was on the boundary as it is tougher to tell.

A caught behind you are asking the umpire- he doesn't have to give them out...and I hate teams appealing for clearly ridiculous appeals. That includes Australia.

As long as you catch it it is fine, you at least should have the courtesy to say to the umpire "it's close, check it". In fact a lot of cricketers would. Again if you have actually fielded in close/slips, you know if it is close. I'd have more sympathy if he was on the boundary as it is tougher to tell.

A caught behind you are asking the umpire- he doesn't have to give them out...and I hate teams appealing for clearly ridiculous appeals. That includes Australia.

NOn-walkers?

NOn-walkers?

As long as they go when given and don't hang around like a bad smell. DRS comes into play there though. I've never been a walker though, waste of time. Umpires can do their job!

Nothing wrong with claiming a catch you think is out, even if you are only 20% sure. Your job ends with the appeal.

Then it's up to the umpires to decide. The decent thing for a player is to respect the umpire's decision. That means walking as the batsman when given out, and it also means staying put as a fielder until the umpire had made their decision.

Running off without waiting for the umpire decision was wrong.

Nothing wrong with claiming a catch you think is out, even if you are only 20% sure. Your job ends with the appeal.

Then it's up to the umpires to decide. The decent thing for a player is to respect the umpire's decision. That means walking as the batsman when given out, and it also means staying put as a fielder until the umpire had made their decision.

Running off without waiting for the umpire decision was wrong.

This. Well put.

So do the Aussies have any chance today? It would take a miracle spell of bowling to get it. I'd throw the ball to Cummins and SOK at the start. Hopefully Cummins will have full red line fever and bowl 150km thunderbolts. SOK to tie up and end so they can't score any runs. If that doesn't work for 6 overs then give it to Lyons and pray that he has an inspired spell like the first innings... as opposed to the serviceable stuff he usually delivers.

I'd say we are pretty cooked. What gives me the slightest hope is that a) we've bowled them out for 105 and 107 already in this series (albeit in the same test on a vastly different pitch) and b) Kohli isn't playing. Really after Rahane, their batting lineup can be sketchy. Nair is in his test infancy and despite his huge 300 against England he's done nothing and not looked threatening against us. Ashwin and Saha are serviceable with the bat. Not easy wickets by any means, but not superstars. Jadeja is dangerous but plays his shots and can easily get out early in an innings and then its the tail. If we can rattle them early and keep the runs down I'd be interested to see how the middle order stacks up.

It's our last chance, shouldn't be leaving anything out there. Use aggressive fields until the game is over. Give Cummins a short-leg and leg-slip, plenty of catchers and tell him to bowl fast at the body/head. Hazelwood to plug away on a line and length and throw in the odd short one. I'd rather lose with them 5 down in the first session going at 5rpo than see them knock it around and cruise to victory.

If Vijav was an aussie, or an aussie did the same thing as vijay in claiming a catch and racing off, I'd be fine with that even if evidence shows ball hit the ground. I'd be like "nothing to see here, move along".

But it wasnt an aussie so bloody cheat!!

It's our last chance, shouldn't be leaving anything out there. Use aggressive fields until the game is over..... I'd rather lose with them 5 down in the first session going at 5rpo than see them knock it around and cruise to victory.

Spot on. None of this going-through-the-motions bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance. More chance of South Australia not collapsing in the Shield...and that's unlikely too!
If we win today, I won't post on BigFooty for the whole month of April. Now, anyone that knows me (my wife), knows this will kill me. I am that addicted. This is how confident I am that we are ****ed. Usually when I say that something is a certainty, the opposite happens. That is why I don't say something is a done deal. Not in this case though. Australia is screwed and I won't be watching it today.

I'm not the most knowledgeable cricket person in the world but I came here to make one comment. It is a disgrace that either of the Marsh's were selected for these tests or even considered for that matter. It clearly shows me that their surname is what got them in and that the selectors continue to select based on........ I have no ******* idea what they base their selections on. As long as this biased, backward thinking criteria is used by the selectors, Australia will continue to be crippled and talented players will sit at home while useless scrubs/grubs represent Australia when they deserve nothing more than a couple of Big Bash matches.

For an Australian supporter, to see a team that has given so much hope and pushed boundaries and expectations that have rarely been pushed before, capitulate at the final hurdle is a sporting calamity. Sure, several players have got this experience under their belt, can't escape the fact that Australia had all the cards this test. No Kohli on-field, series tied 1-1, a draw or win retains the trophy, batting first, and a golden opportunity to dictate the final 3 days of the test..... and they went to dust.

I'm not the most knowledgeable cricket person in the world but I came here to make one comment. It is a disgrace that either of the Marsh's were selected for these tests or even considered for that matter. It clearly shows me that their surname is what got them in and that the selectors continue to select based on........ I have no ******* idea what they base their selections on. As long as this biased, backward thinking criteria is used by the selectors, Australia will continue to be crippled and talented players will sit at home while useless scrubs/grubs represent Australia when they deserve nothing more than a couple of Big Bash matches.
Handscomb the supposedly star player of spin made ONE score the whole series, why not lay the boots into him as well.

Looking forward to the ashes I reckon get all the four gun quicks in. Wade looks like he is starting feel comfortable at the crease again at international level put him up to 6 and bank on one of Starc, Patto or Cumming to get a score each innings. Wouldn't want to he facing the four pronged pace attack on Aussie decks.

For an Australian supporter, to see a team that has given so much hope and pushed boundaries and expectations that have rarely been pushed before, capitulate at the final hurdle is a sporting calamity. Sure, several players have got this experience under their belt, can't escape the fact that Australia had all the cards this test. No Kohli on-field, series tied 1-1, a draw or win retains the trophy, batting first, and a golden opportunity to dictate the final 3 days of the test..... and they went to dust.

A win was well within their grasp yesterday. Even at the start of the 2nd innings, they were less than 40 behind, batting on what should have been the best day for batting. Such a disappointment. Warner has really underperformed this series. Everyone else apart from MMarsh has shown at least flashes of quality. Although SMarsh probably not enough to justify continually picking him.

Looking forward to the ashes I reckon get all the four gun quicks in. Wade looks like he is starting feel comfortable at the crease again at international level put him up to 6 and bank on one of Starc, Patto or Cumming to get a score each innings. Wouldn't want to he facing the four pronged pace attack on Aussie decks.

Just no. Dumb idea.

You need 6 bats, you play them. Bowlers cannot and shouldn't be relied on to get runs. Cartwright or Maxwell at 6, and you leave a quick out. Won't be the first or last time a quick is unlucky, ask Andy Bichel.

Lol.

Mitch, fair enough. It's universally agreed it was a stupid selection. As for Shaun, he carried us to a first innings lead in the second test and batted out basically a whole day with rough outside his off stump against Jadeja to save the third test.

This kind of frothing makes this forum unbearable. 2-1 against an Indian team that hadn't lost at home for countless summers, but no...our side is being crippled by the Marsh brothers. Jesus ******* christ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back