SFNL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster here.
Just wanted to say I love the occasional banter in here, makes it that little bit exciting throughout the year.

After playing everyone at least once, I can confidently say this is one of the most even seasons in terms of 'Who has a real genuine chance'.

Previous seasons there has always been that standout team, but in my honest opinion the current top 6 teams can beat each other on their day. The team who finish 6th will be very unlucky.

If I were a betting company, I'd put the following odds

Hallam @ $3 - They have beaten all the top teams except for the falcons. Have real good depth as well. Their reserves being on top proves that.

Endeavour @ $3.50 - Have beaten Hallam twice and have great depth. Reserves 3rd on the ladder.

Ashwood, Doveton, South Yarra and Black Rock @ $4 -

Ashwood have slid downhill after a spectacular start, but will be right up there come finals. Is it injuries? Or just form?

Doveton - Are up and down, like everyone they can beat anyone on their day. They will be very dangerous, especially with Russell playing finals (that's what I've been told). Only concern is their depth, compared to the other top teams I don't think they have enough. I'm actually surprised they have a couple really good players in the 2s that could definately play in the 1s. What's going on there?

South Yarra - Can take it up with anyone @ their home, have a good ressies side as well who can cover injuries etc Not taking anything away from them, but I think big grounds do not suit their style.

Black Rock- The big improvers who also have good depth as their ressies are 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the flag from finishing 5th. Young quick side.

Also to the lyndale boys, I've noticed some of the big names have been out for weeks, are they on holidays or just unlucky injuries?

Good luck to all, it has been a pleasure to compete in this sort of season.

Cheers.
Lyndale have been ruinded with injuries but I don't think they were much chance anyway

Lyndale have been ruinded with injuries but I don't think they were much chance anyway

Our injury list is probably on par with Doveton and Ashwood and the majority of them are season ending.
That being said its our depth that has let us down.

My understanding is they played unregistered players in Round 13 v Dandenong. The league realised/found out and therefore awarded the four points to Dandenong...

Give me strength! There's a pretty good chance you know the whole story as I'm led to believe your Justin Smith wearing #44 in the reserves at Dandenong and are on the committee

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some uneven match ups this weekend, i wonder if sides like Ashwood and Endevour Hills give some players a rest this weekend, so they can freashen up some what for the buisness end of the season.

Some uneven match ups this weekend, i wonder if sides like Ashwood and Endevour Hills give some players a rest this weekend, so they can freashen up some what for the buisness end of the season.

We've got two outs and a couple people that are coming back from injury that will take the extra week to get 100% but not really resting anyone

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see Hickman back playing. The Kleenex box took a hiding, but he is back (for this year at least) which is the main thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting weekend of footy!
Some results not as big as expected,
Ashwood would have like a bigger winning margine as would of Endeavour Hills and Hallam.
How did these sides play?

Couple of ripper games coming this week.
Black Rock v End hills
Ashwood v Sth Yarra

If black rock can't get into the 5 this week they will probably have missed their chance. Sth Yarra will win their last 2 games.

Your mob are only making up numbers.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Ashwood v South Yarra game? I cant split the two, both been in some average form of late, south yarra have more to play for with fifth position on the line, but can they get the job done away from home? any notable players due to return?

What's everyone's thoughts on the Ashwood v South Yarra game? I cant split the two, both been in some average form of late, south yarra have more to play for with fifth position on the line, but can they get the job done away from home? any notable players due to return?

Ashwood would want to get up and about for this one. No dale Carroll hurts them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back