C Section Premier C - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok C Bombs, what’s the feeling out there for the big Fitzroy v Willy clash? Anyone headed out there?
I would loooove a match report from one of us fine Bigfooty folk.
I’m going for the Roy’s just. Home ground was all that got them over the line for me.
Any pre game thoughts?

The Lions will win on their home deck just as Willy knows how to play theirs. I'm told the Roys have a few special events organised for the day and with their usual crowd of "hipsters" sitting on the hill with hidden beers and chardonnays, they will support their team loudly.

Anyone head out and watch the top of the table clash? I was keen to get there but unfortunately something popped up. The hipsters don’t much like my double ‘p’. But I have my reasons.
Seems like Fitzroy jumped them hard early and that was that. Would love some info.
Interesting in C Grade the different fortunes of those that have joined from B and D. The Roy’s will be back in B next year, whilst the Pirates are more likely to be in D Grade than C IMO.
Likewise the contrast of PEGS, potential finalist, and STMS likely to head back to D Grade..stands out.
Fortunes can change quickly in the Ammos. And C Grade 2018 is a ripper.
On another note, loving the work of Meg Saultry in the Ammos Record. We are blessed this year with so many new scribes who are all doing a great job. Big fan!

Hippster

I watched the game on the weekend, it was all over @ the 20 min mark of the 1st qtr.
Clean clearances, straight kicking gave them a 42pt lead,

The second was a little scrappy with Fitzroy extending lead out 67pts at half time.

Second half Williamstown lifted work rate and pressure with no change in the margin

Last Williamstown kept Fitzroy goalless and reduce the winning margin to 45pts.

From what I could see both sides had players out of starting line ups. Fitzroy are a wel balanced team that run, spread and use the ball very well. Williamstown won the second half 6 goals to 2 and stemmed the first half with pressure on the ball carrier which reduced the clean ball going into the Fitzroy fwd half.

Takeaway rd 7 both sides have a feel for each other now for next time they meet.

Hippster

I watched the game on the weekend, it was all over @ the 20 min mark of the 1st qtr.

The second was a little scrappy with Fitzroy extending lead out 67pts at half time.

Second half Williamstown lifted work rate and pressure with no change in the margin

From what I could see both sides had players out of starting line ups. Fitzroy are a wel balanced team that run, spread and use the ball very well. Williamstown won the second half 6 goals to 2 and stemmed the first half with pressure on the ball carrier which reduced the clean ball going into the Fitzroy fwd half.

Takeaway rd 7 both sides have a feel for each other now for next time they meet.

Nice one. Looking forward to the return bout at Willy. Safe to say the Roys are now firm flag favourites.
Although Willy did well in the second half, I’m guessing the Roy’s took their foot off the pedal a little with such a big lead. Thanks for the report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice one. Looking forward to the return bout at Willy. Safe to say the Roys are now firm flag favourites.
Although Willy did well in the second half, I’m guessing the Roy’s took their foot off the pedal a little with such a big lead. Thanks for the report.

Thanks, agree they are favourites, I’m curious why you back off second half. I’m old school if you have your foot on the opposing teams throat you leave it there and press harder, backing off leaves an opening.

Thanks, agree they are favourites, I’m curious why you back off second half. I’m old school if you have your foot on the opposing teams throat you leave it there and press harder, backing off leaves an opening.

Agreed. I was just making a wild guess. Not wanting to give Willy too much credit for their second half.
When the game was there to be won, the Roy’s were by far the better team. As you say, Willy will have learned a fair bit and will be chomping at the bit for when they are hosting. Looking forward to it.

Hippster

You make it sound like a March practice match rather than a top of the table game almost halfway through the season.

Round 8

Marcellin
Williamstown
Camberwell
Geelong
Fitzroy

Good luck to all

I will go for Hoes in a small upset.
Then agree with your other 4.
Was tempted to go with PEGS at home..but have gone the safe option.
We will see.
Super round of footy for all us C Lovers.
Things will be a whole lot clearer come late Saturday afternoon at both ends of the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back