D3 Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the VAFA capable of making a decision without hiding behind such a pitiful excuse?

If the inept administrators had any backbone, they'd made the logical decision themselves, which is an 18-game season. But alas, they can't, and now we're left with this mess.

Is the VAFA capable of making a decision without hiding behind such a pitiful excuse?

If the inept administrators had any backbone, they'd made the logical decision themselves, which is an 18-game season. But alas, they can't, and now we're left with this mess.

They are being inclusive which is the 2019 model. They now have to try to schedule around women's, thirds, unders availability of grounds when Swinburne pulled out so late. This is why they have asked the 8 clubs including yours by the sound of it for their views. Think they will make it 18 games with input from the clubs. Thank god your not running it.

They are being inclusive which is the 2019 model. They now have to try to schedule around women's, thirds, unders availability of grounds when Swinburne pulled out so late. This is why they have asked the 8 clubs including yours by the sound of it for their views. Think they will make it 18 games with input from the clubs. Thank god your not running it.

Can we expect reduced fees for being left with a 14 game season?! Plenty of lost earnings thanks to this terrible decision.

Is there a more poorly run competition than the VAFA? I'd genuinely love to be a fly on the wall as these muppets make decisions. I genuinely can't recall when they've made the right decision on anything involving the depths of the competition.

Given the appalling CVs of the majority working at VAFA, I can't say I'm surprised they've all failed to find employment in legitimate sporting enterprises.

This remarkable decision will almost be the death rattle for a few clubs in division 3. Well done VAFA.

Question for you CC is, do you pitch in at Centrals to ensure that they can survive and continue as a club?

Based on your commentary, I would think not, and would be keen to see your CV?

Also, looks like Centrals wont have to worry about being only side relegated this year!

I wonder if VAFA would try to ensure the higher ranked sides from last season (ie Westbourne & Manningham), perhaps play each other twice.. Either way it's a lose lose for the VAFA, 14 round season or an 18 round with uneven fixture

For what it's worth, I hope whatever decision they make, they do it quickly. Lot of people plan leave away from work around the season and family events as well. Hopefully we have the fixture in concrete soon.

Question for you CC is, do you pitch in at Centrals to ensure that they can survive and continue as a club?

Based on your commentary, I would think not, and would be keen to see your CV?

Also, looks like Centrals wont have to worry about being only side relegated this year!

Of course I do, I'm social media manager.

If clubs do think they can sustain themselves during an 18-game season, they need to close the doors. 14 games is less than a clubbies season. The VAFA needs to stop looking at the depths of the competition as a stain on their beloved old boys clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any mention whether VAFA reduce their fees based on shorter season?
Time for a proper review of the Divisions 1-4 structure and whether it actually works.

I'll put every cent I have, which admittedly is very little (social media manager for amateur club doesn't pay as well as you'd think), that the VAFA does not reduce their fees. They have a lot of hungry, inept mouths to feed over at HQ.

Wouldn't it be nice to be as woefully bad at your job as those at HQ and remain employed. If I put so much as typo in my weekly blog "Snake Tails", I'd be marched from KB reserve immediately.

So VAFA asked and most clubs were of the view that 14 rounds would be best? I find that a bit hard to believe, when clubs are clearly struggling how is having such an interrupted season going to help maintain player interest and ensure club success financially etc. I'll believe it when it's released officially by the VAFA.

I understand the need for draw equity, fairness and all, but then you can make the case that it gets to a stage when there's so many breaks throughout a season that it becomes uneven for teams anyway, when they're having to deal with things like lack of momentum and match practice against a side in good form

I'll put every cent I have, which admittedly is very little (social media manager for amateur club doesn't pay as well as you'd think), that the VAFA does not reduce their fees. They have a lot of hungry, inept mouths to feed over at HQ.

Wouldn't it be nice to be as woefully bad at your job as those at HQ and remain employed. If I put so much as typo in my weekly blog "Snake Tails", I'd be marched from KB reserve immediately.
Not sure about your job security as social media manager mate if you keep putting HQ

Whilst i have been removed from the VAFA for a couple of years. Sitting in VAFA meetings where financials are read, they wont miss the reduction on fees off the bottom line.

As for the poor operators in there, why don't you pony up and tell us which ones your unhappy with and the specifics of why in regards to their role.

Nat Fyfe isn't called a dud because the rest of his team are s**t, same should apply to Head Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back