List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Johnsons issue is more in relation to list spots and his size. Realistically I think he's actually an AFL quality player but he's still just 73kg's. Drafted at 65kg's. He's two years away from being ready for AFL.

If we are able to get cameron off the list and or brander then I would pick him as a rookie.

Certainly played better in the WAFL and shown far more AFL capabilities there than O'Niell, Collins.

So we have a handful of players yet to have their future publicised but it is feeling like that may be the cull.

7 out meaning we can pick up another 5

For those moaning about Johnson being delisted, we will be able to rookie him IF he is better than the prospect available to us in the rookie draft. We have 7 medium defenders and 3 KPD on our list. In addition, we also have L Edwards, Brander, Yeo, Waterman, Petruccelle, Allen and Williams that have successfully played in defence at some stage in their career. My old mate O'Brien has made sure we have a stock of hbf players on our list.

1631847836005.png

I like the fact the club has stated we will prioritise midfielders. I hope they also mean balanced or inside midfielders so that we can keep the likes of Gaff, Kelly and Sheed more as outside mids where they play their best football. That said, we are not likely to get a ready starter in this draft as an inside midfielder who can crack in best 22.

I`m a little surprised that Collins wasn`t given more of a chance especially being expected to be a solid defender at league level when he had only been playing colts ..
Collins can only make Swan District's reserve team. He is a long way from being an AFL footballer. Some great attributes but a long way off.

So we have a handful of players yet to have their future publicised but it is feeling like that may be the cull.

7 out meaning we can pick up another 5

For those moaning about Johnson being delisted, we will be able to rookie him IF he is better than the prospect available to us in the rookie draft. We have 7 medium defenders and 3 KPD on our list. In addition, we also have L Edwards, Brander, Yeo, Waterman, Petruccelle, Allen and Williams that have successfully played in defence at some stage in their career. My old mate O'Brien has made sure we have a stock of hbf players on our list.

View attachment 1238056

I like the fact the club has stated we will prioritise midfielders. I hope they also mean balanced or inside midfielders so that we can keep the likes of Gaff, Kelly and Sheed more as outside mids where they play their best football. That said, we are not likely to get a ready starter in this draft as an inside midfielder who can crack in best 22.

That chart is a good example of how old and slow we will be next year ..15 players 27 yrs or older with credits in the bank in our starting 18 ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That chart is a good example of how old and slow we will be next year ..15 players 27 yrs or older with credits in the bank in our starting 18 ..

27 is an odd cutoff - I don’t think many people would say Sheed, Barrass and Rioli are contributing to our old, slow list.

10 guys over 30 is definitely a worry.

Surprised we rolled the dice on Collins, who it seemed was a long way off being ready at the time of the midseason draft, only to then not persist.

Maybe he didn’t show much during his time at the club, but I feel like not being ready to contribute at all was in the draft profile at the time, and we took him anyway. Odd one.

Surprised we rolled the dice on Collins, who it seemed was a long way off being ready at the time of the midseason draft, only to then not persist.

Maybe he didn’t show much during his time at the club, but I feel like not being ready to contribute at all was in the draft profile at the time, and we took him anyway. Odd one.

That was point really , did the club expect him to grow with the increased training workload and then getting the confidence as a defender kicked out of him in a woeful WAFL team on the weekends ..

Same here. Don't mind the idea of getting a guy a touch before they're ready ( and in his positional instance) having him trying to replace Sheppard in 2023, but if we're only gonna delist 3 months later ( & after he trained with the club over summer!) - why didn't we pick Jack Avery instead????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back