Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We can still swap futures.

Future 2nd and future 4th gone to gc
Future 3rd to coll. What futures?
Carl wanted 6 and R2 with a current or future r3 back neither of which you can do.
Maybe geelongs 41 goes to carl as the R3 back..geelong get 19 and 22/27 are involved somehow..later pick swaps between clubs.

Carl wanted 6 and R2 with a current or future r3 back neither of which you can do.
Maybe geelongs 41 goes to carl as the R3 back..geelong get 19 and 22/27 are involved somehow..later pick swaps between clubs.

Yep you’re right. I am assuming we will receive futures from Carlton. But as it stands we’re empty.

So what would this look like?

Cerra, Pick 22 and Pick 41 to Carlton

Pick 6, Pick 25 and Clark to Freo

Pick 19 to Geelong

??

So what would this look like?

Cerra, Pick 22 and Pick 41 to Carlton

Pick 6, Pick 25 and Clark to Freo

Pick 19 to Geelong

??
Like Freo are getting reamed. Cerra is worth more than 6, not change back.

Cerra deal going to be plus 61/69 for 6 & F2/3 depending.

Clark going to be 22 with or without change. I don’t think they need a 3 way and I don’t think Freo get’s 22 unless needed for Clark.

Our list manager has basically confirmed we aren’t giving up 19

I'm sorry, but it's just an annoying attitude to have, lol. AFL hand GC charity which flows on to you to get the deal done for a pick in the range that satisfies us...and you instead still try to use a later pick as trade bait for Clark... despite you chasing him for 3 years straight and offering him a 4 year contract - it's just needlessly stifling.

To be honest though, I'm kinda over it now. If it's 22 with nothing coming back, then we just do that and call it a day and keep 34 or 41 on our end - but we all know that won't happen 'til 5 minutes before the deadline.

Such a lame trade period when these are the things that are causing consternation amongst clubs - not blockbuster deals like Neale, Cameron, Treloar, TK, B. Hill, T. Lynch etc. - which are players worth getting worked up about.

Boooorrriiing 🤪

I'm sorry, but it's just an annoying attitude to have, lol. AFL hand GC charity which flows on to you to get the deal done for a pick in the range that satisfies us...and you instead still try to use a later pick as trade bait for Clark... despite you chasing him for 3 years straight and offering him a 4 year contract - it's just needlessly stifling.

To be honest though, I'm kinda over it now. If it's 22 with nothing coming back, then we just do that and call it a day and keep 34 or 41 on our end - but we all know that won't happen 'til 5 minutes before the deadline.

Such a lame trade period when these are the things that are causing consternation amongst clubs - not blockbuster deals like Neale, Cameron, Treloar, TK, B. Hill, T. Lynch etc. - which are players worth getting worked up about.

Boooorrriiing 🤪
Get over it, Clark isn't worth pick 19.

Such a lame trade period when these are the things that are causing consternation amongst clubs - not blockbuster deals like Neale, Cameron, Treloar, TK, Hill, T. Lynch etc.

Boooorrriiing 🤪
Of course we're going to attempt to use a later pick than 19, for Clark has achieved close to nothing and was drafted at Pick 15 in the first instance! I know he's contracted, but Pick 19 is a pipe dream. Also, we haven't "Chased him for three years straight", nor are we needlessly stifling...*cough* Pick 8 *cough*.
Do you remember what you did to West Coast two years ago? You can't win them all.

Get over it, Clark isn't worth pick 19.

I'm not going to repeat this again... it's not Pick 19 when it's your Future 2nd that would be what was traded for both Brodie and Clark.

It doesn't matter anyway, as it's all semantics now. It'll either be Clark for 22, or he stays - given your list manager's comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not going to repeat this again... it's not Pick 19 when it's your Future 2nd that would be what was traded for both Brodie and Clark.

It doesn't matter anyway, as it's all semantics now. It'll either be Clark for 22, or he stays - given your list manager's comments.
Well we have pick 19 now and Clark isn't worth that pick. You'll have to take 22.

To be fair it is pick 19 in my opinion.

They were able to get the pick by eating a 600k contract that only they could give. If other clubs could've eaten that contract for a pick upgrade I dare say they would have done it.

I think I understand what you mean by saying it's the 2nd rounder, but it's like saying we let Motlop go for Jeremy Cameron. There's steps in between that matter in isolation

Boooorrriiing 🤪
If your honest though, before last week, did you ever expect to get close to pick 19? Frankly, that's absurd overs for a player your match committee didnt deem worth game time for the vast majority of the year. He even got back in the team and was dropped the next week. I'd suggest 19 rather than 22 would be you guys being difficult more than us, 22 is more than fair taking into account the contract status.

I also dont like that because we got a ripper deal with GC, that value should be passed onto you. Why? We are one of the few teams with the room to take on 600k for a player worth a rookie spot at the moment, I struggle to see what entitles Geelong to that extra value

Well we have pick 19 now and Clark isn't worth that pick. You'll have to take 22.
Feels a bit like being on the opposite side of the Jezza trade last year. GWS held us to ransom because we had 3 first rounders. If we had 2, it would've been two.

Now that Freo has 19 our eyes light up (maybe Mackie & Wells too) and we want 19. Gimme gimme.

I think 22 is fair. But 19 is better

If your honest though, before last week, did you ever expect to get close to pick 19? Frankly, that's absurd overs for a player your match committee didnt deem worth game time for the vast majority of the year. He even got back in the team and was dropped the next week. I'd suggest 19 rather than 22 would be you guys being difficult more than us, 22 is more than fair taking into account the contract status.

I also dont like that because we got a ripper deal with GC, that value should be passed onto you. Why? We are one of the few teams with the room to take on 600k for a player worth a rookie spot at the moment, I struggle to see what entitles Geelong to that extra value

I guess it's because Wells himself has pretty much said they're looking for a pick between 15-20, and you guys yourselves initially said that you only wanted to give up Pick 27 (which would get you Clark AND Brodie). We both would get what we want with minimal fuss and no loss, but instead only Freo get to have what they want, because reasons?

Also, when I originally stated the trade, I said it'd be Clark and a Pick in the 30's for 19 and a Future 3rd - which wasn't unreasonable. Now as it stands, it's likely to be 22 alone that's offered - which is fair - however it's a whole bunch of workaround that probably didn't need to happen given the AFL handed you the tools to get the trade done by way of GC throwing away a player and Pick 19.

You know my view on it anyway, and I know your view on it - and we're definitely on opposing sides given our tribalist allegiances to our respective teams. Is what it is, and tbh like I said, I'm just over it and want the trade to get done now so we can all move on to more important things - as we're all just going around in circles now.

Leave it there :)

Do we even want Clark that badly? (and can someone explain why?)

So 22 is no longer good enough for a disgruntled fringe player who wants out? Holy moley.
Yeah it is, but you've got pick 19 so we'd be mad not to ask for it.

Do you want him or not? 4 year contracts suggests that you do.

Either way we can take this to the buzzer and then accept 22. We are no worse off than if we just took it now.

It's a competition, not a charity.

Do we even want Clark that badly? (and can someone explain why?)

Well, according to Jlo and Belly, he 'fits our needs' so there is clearly a degree of will from Freo to get him in. Cats fans are just salavating at our picks thinking they have their own choice from our picks. 22 fits the "somewhere between 8 and 27" rhetoric so its likely going to be that or nothing, I would imagine.

Back