Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in their right mind would call a 55+ bloke "Kenny"?
220px-Kenny_the_Movie_Poster.png

If the name fits.

This is my 1st ever post in the Sack Hinkley Thread. Obvious now to everyone that his time is up, 10 years is more than any other coach has got to win a flag. The one thing that has always bugged me, and it's not just Hinkley, I've heard others say it, is that they're looking at the trends in the game. To me this a clear admission that they're nothing more than copycat coaches, not good enough to start a trend worth following. I want the next coach to predict where the game is going and be ahead of the curve not in catch up mode.

The media have been after Bevo for a long time and just waiting for the chance to put the knife in.

His contempt for them is often on display and has attacked them personally a few times over the journey.

Over here, 'ol mate is quite literally that, an 'ol mate with the journos thus avoiding any scrutiny.
It's a very effective strategy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks will go before donuts
Put money on it

View attachment 1642392

I don’t think Nicks is much chop, but if ‘star coach Kenny™’ was in charge of his mob early last year we wouldn’t be treated to a lifetime of Jordan Dawson pile-on profile images on social media.

• two times top four finish during H and A (both during covid where we had a huge advantage)
  • highest finish ever third, PF losses x 3
  • about ~30% win record against top 8 sides
  • roughly 50:50 showdown record, crows have had 4 coaches during Hinkley’s tenure
  • worst ever PF lost, showdown loss, CP total and differential (since 2008)
  • no real home ground advantage when compared with WC, Brisbane, GWS, etc

And no real excuses from 2015 onwards - 2013 and 14 he had excuses and arguably, the team and he performed at their best. 2020 and 2021, we had the huge advantage of home games and staying at home.

He has the list. The fitness staff and the coaching support. Or he doesn’t, in which case why don’t you have what you need after 10 years?

Anyway, I’ll back him and the club until top four is gone. You need about 14-15 wins for that - giving us all wins against the bottom 10 from last year, we will need to pinch games off some of the tigers, dogs and Freo. Put simply, lose the showdown and this season is close to done.

in which case why don’t you have what you need after 10 years?

That's the main & only justification required to send him packing. He is ultimately responsible to deliver a football program that achieves success.

The football department will also need to be reviewed on a whole and clear out the no hopers as per our creed.

Administration wise there is not much can be done there until we are debt free and shift away from AFL control back to member control.

If our fans & members want meaningful change, then do what we can to clear our debt first, then demand the club be handed back to the members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back