20 premierships by 2050

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeff has never ever displayed Hawthorn values during his time at the club, and last night was the latest example.

Explain why he didn’t display Hawthorn values last night? I watched the speech - other than amusingly saying we win 4.4 premierships a year I didn’t see much wrong in what he said. Sounds like you have a pre-conceived axe to grind so even had he personally given you a cheque for $1M on the night you’d have found fault with it.

Hey Luv-our -club

Ive been reading these exchanges with interest.
You've made the above statement and have been asked by a couple of posters to justify your view.
Fair question isn't it?

I don't particularly like Jeff Kennett but as a club president he's been effective. His address at the AGM seemed fairly inoffensive and clearly represented a board - and club - position. This clearly wasn't something he made up on the spot.

If you're going to make the statement that he's ....never ever displayed Hawthorn values .... then it's a fair question to ask you to back up that statement, isn't it?

If you choose not to, then your statement can just be disregard by posters as a rant without credibility.
That's a reasonable conclusion isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Luv-our -club

Ive been reading these exchanges with interest.
You've made the above statement and have been asked by a couple of posters to justify your view.
Fair question isn't it?

I don't particularly like Jeff Kennett but as a club president he's been effective. His address at the AGM seemed fairly inoffensive and clearly represented a board - and club - position. This clearly wasn't something he made up on the spot.

If you're going to make the statement that he's ....never ever displayed Hawthorn values .... then it's a fair question to ask you to back up that statement, isn't it?

If you choose not to, then your statement can just be disregard by posters as a rant without credibility.
That's a reasonable conclusion isn't it?

Edit: see above posts. as I said.....this thread is hijacked by overly emotive posters attacking people who have a criticism of jeff and who then hypocritically claim to be all about the issues. I don't feel like there is a conversation happening that can be contributed to. (sorry if you were personally interested in an actual discussion, like i was).

Last edited:

2 points here Dave.

Firstly, we are talking about Jeff the HFC President, not the former Victorian Premier. Leave the politics out of this discussion.

Secondly, you do realise that Garvey barracked for Essedon, Clarkson played at North Melbourne & Melbourne ?

So Jeff’s heart can not be with HFC because he may have barracked for another club, yet I’ve never seen 1 post from you criticizing Garvey or Clarkson due to where their loyalties used to lie

I have not mentioned politics.
(Never voted Liberal,so Jeff was immaterial.
Labor left a mess that either they or Jeff had to clean up.
Not that complicated.)

You have taken my post out of context.

I’m fine with people not agreeing with me - it happens a lot. What I can’t stomach is people who just make bullshit statements and then when you ask them to offer their reasoning they just jump to the next rant and won’t answer your question.

The board (which included ex-players in Gowers and Vandenberg) put together the vision - it was in play before Jeff’s arrival (something he mentioned in his speech) yet because Jeff gave the speech people here who don’t like his political past are ready to just deride the entire plan because they don’t like the bloke.

And I can guarantee you that the partisan mob on here would have Kennett’s oustering if they could. There are people here who I honestly think want him to fail even if that means the club failing as well. That is honestly how they come across.

I edited that to three points.

Already posted my thoughts on the first.
In particular,there is a familiar scenario here to the demise of Melbourne FC in the 1950/60s.

Secondly,the footballers are now gone!

Thirdly,as a supporter of the Hawks since 1955, when we had zero Premierships,I really don't like a band waggoner like you spreading crap like that.

Bugger off back to your old team of losers and take the big mouth with you!

In particular,there is a familiar scenario here to the demise of Melbourne FC in the 1950/60s.

Thirdly,as a supporter of the Hawks since 1955, when we had zero Premierships,I really don't like a band waggoner like you spreading crap like that.

The first point referred more to other posters - not yourself. Feel free to throw your little tantrum though.

How exactly am I a bandwagoner? Oh, you mean my username having ‘adopter’ in it? Yeah, I was 6 in 89, mate. I didn’t have another team. Kudos, you win the ‘who has supported the Hawks the longest’ pissing contest - I couldn’t really do much about having not been born in the 40s though.

And Vandenberg is still on the board.

I have not mentioned politics.

You have taken my post out of context.
You mentioned Jeff’s poker machines.
Is that not a reference to his political days ?

You failed to acknowledge anything else I said.
How bout Garvey, our ex-president being an essendon supporter ? Did you have any complaints about that ? If so, please show when you mentioned it on here, as you seem so hell bent on Jeff not being good enough as he supposedly used to barrack for Melbourne.

How are we similar to MFC of the 50/60’s ? Seriously ??

I’d be interested to know who you think 89Adopter used to barrack for.
Youve barracked for Hawthorn for 62 yrs. congrats.
It doesn’t make you any better than any other Hawk supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mentioned Jeff’s poker machines.
Is that not a reference to his political days ?

You failed to acknowledge anything else I said.
How bout Garvey, our ex-president being an essendon supporter ? Did you have any complaints about that ? If so, please show when you mentioned it on here, as you seem so hell bent on Jeff not being good enough as he supposedly used to barrack for Melbourne.

Nope.
Jeff's business these days is poker machines.
Think Kirner was responsible for the pokies.

Was Garvey in favour of the Melbourne Hawks in 1996?
Was Garvey jockeying for the Melbourne FC presidency a few years ago.

My concern was Kennett putting himself out as a lifelong Hawthorn supporter in his first presidency and the way he has weaseled around that since.
A mark of the guy.

How are we similar to MFC of the 50/60’s ? Seriously ??

I’d be interested to know who you think 89Adopter used to barrack for.
Youve barracked for Hawthorn for 62 yrs. congrats.
It doesn’t make you any better than any other Hawk supporter.

Best you read up on your history. Seriously!

Had no idea who 89 barracked for until now.
The way he trolls,surmised it was the 'Scum!
Yours was a childish remark.

Cheer up fellas - it's Christmas. Sure, we didn't get a premiership DVD in the stocking this year but it'll happen soon enough.

Actually, the lady of the house got me the 89 and 91 premiership pack bundle!

Best you read up on your history. Seriously!

Had no idea who 89 barracked for until now.

Disagreeing with people isn’t trolling - people really need to learn the difference.

And I can guarantee you that the partisan mob on here would have Kennett’s oustering if they could. There are people here who I honestly think want him to fail even if that means the club failing as well. That is honestly how they come across.

Reckon that is the most pathetic troll I have seen on Big Footy.

Un Hawthorn to the extreme!

Reckon that is the most pathetic troll I have seen on Big Footy.

Un Hawthorn to the extreme!

89 Adopter is a long time respected Hawthorn poster...

I don't know what your issue is, but pull your head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back