List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be more than happy to get Steele but will not be celebrating until the paperwork is lodged.

At this point in time its all still rumour and assumptions. I'd caution against celebrating the addition of Steele to our midfield with one round in the season still to go and over a month until any real trade action. So much can happen between now and then.

Aw! I wanted to make that joke but I was scared no one would get it. Try's ay great minds think alike but I know my mind isn't special so I'm worried about you.

:p
Dont think just post.
tumblr_llg81rYTI61qdasbeo1_500.gif

I think whoever takes JOM may end up paying overs but if gets back to his best it will end up being a huge bargain.

If, if if....!
Anyone have a crystal ball or know a fortune teller or reader of tea leaves? Would be handy right now.
It's an informative exercise separating the risk- takers from the pragmatists on this board. I think it's about 50:50. :eek:

He may not be a Treloar, but people need to realise that we won't be paying a Treloar price. He's looked very composed for a guy just playing in his second year and would be a bloody bargain if we could get him for a second round pick.

If he's so good that he hasn't even had second year blues I'm definitely taking him :rolleyes:

While I'd be comfortable with Savage in my flag threatening 2020 side, I can't help feeling enough of White, Mckenzie, Webster, Rice, Roberton, Newnes, Freeman, Billings are going to be ahead of him for HB/Wing that he's quickly going to be out of the 1st 22.....might be rose coloured glasses, but if they're thinking that within the club as well, do we think he might be our route back into the 2nd round?

While I'd be comfortable with Savage in my flag threatening 2020 side, I can't help feeling enough of White, Mckenzie, Webster, Rice, Roberton, Newnes, Freeman, Billings are going to be ahead of him for HB/Wing that he's quickly going to be out of the 1st 22.....might be rose coloured glasses, but if they're thinking that within the club as well, do we think he might be our route back into the 2nd round?
No. Two things we need more of are speed and killer kicking and he brings both to the table.

Thinking about best 22 in 4 years after 4 years of rebuilding was how Melbourne got stuck down the bottom of the ladder.
We will be aiming for top 4 next year Savage is best 22 and will likely continue to get better like he did this year

Savage stays i reckon but you're looking at it the right way- you have to give quality to get quality.
The key to successful trading is giving quality you have surplus of, to get quality in areas of deficiency.

I personally think we are well stocked with small forwards (especially with mav cementing himself up fwd).

It would hurt to lose them, but promising young forwards like sinclair and lonie etc should be shopped to clubs who need small forwards i think.
Of course they only get traded if we get a quality outside mid or key back in return.

Savage stays i reckon but you're looking at it the right way- you have to give quality to get quality.
The key to successful trading is giving quality you have surplus of, to get quality in areas of deficiency.

I personally think we are well stocked with small forwards (especially with mav cementing himself up fwd).

It would hurt to lose them, but promising young forwards like sinclair and lonie etc should be shopped to clubs who need small forwards i think.
Of course they only get traded if we get a quality outside mid or key back in return.
Never gonna happen small forwards bar Milne, Betts types are players who can't make it as mids.
Lonie and Sincs are not in our team cause they don't bring anything to the midfield.

There isn't a player on our list that is worth more to another team then to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we know who this Fisher replacement is we're supposedly getting?

Or is it another mysterious tease that we can look forward to hearing about how we were told so?

So do we know who this Fisher replacement is we're supposedly getting?

Or is it another mysterious tease that we can look forward to hearing about how we were told so?
In the past he was often attacked for naming names, now he gets bagged for not naming names, but giving hints.

Pretty hard to win I would have thought.

Which beggars belief that some on here think that giving up two 1st rounders for JOM & two 2nd rounders is a great deal.... :drunk:

I agree, although I've had a think about it.

Our first round pick this year will be 9 and Gold Coast's second pick will be about 21 (not including bids for academy players).

Next year our first round pick will be 9-12 and Gold Coast's second pick could be 20-23

Potentially that deal would involve a downgrade of 12 picks this year and between 8 and 14 next year.

I still wouldn't do it because, like you, I suspect O'Meara is cooked. But if he's not cooked then it's a balance between opportunity cost and potential return. I'm not sure Gold Coast would accept that deal though.

I agree, although I've had a think about it.

Our first round pick this year will be 9 and Gold Coast's second pick will be about 21 (not including bids for academy players).

Next year our first round pick will be 9-12 and Gold Coast's second pick could be 20-23

Potentially that deal would involve a downgrade of 12 picks this year and between 8 and 14 next year.

I still wouldn't do it because, like you, I suspect O'Meara is cooked. But if he's not cooked then it's a balance between opportunity cost and potential return. I'm not sure Gold Coast would accept that deal though.
Did I miss something - I thought 9th got pick 10?

On SEN Chris Pelchen said the two clubs who would be a perfect fit for O'Meara are St Kilda and Hawthorn. He sounded more enthusiastic about St Kilda.

Pelchen thinks O'Meara is worth a first round pick and a player, preferably a midfielder. He believes it will be difficult for a club to satisfy Gold Coast's demand for 2 first round picks.

Pelchen thinks Hawthorn are more likely to do a deal with Gold Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back