List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there are robust arguments on both sides of the fence re Wright; I am happy to see that for the most part it had been respectful.

Stav and MG I disagree with you on this but nobody needs to go on ignore or leave.

You have a right to rate Wright lower than others, and you have the right to state your opinion of him and what you have heard.

Lets keep it civil.

Yes it is me saying that

While there are robust arguments on both sides of the fence re Wright; I am happy to see that for the most part it had been respectful.

Stav and MG I disagree with you on this but nobody needs to go on ignore or leave.

You have a right to rate Wright lower than others, and you have the right to state your opinion of him and what you have heard.

Lets keep it civil.

Yes it is me saying that
Agreed. All in good argument.

No need to leave or ignore anyone. It's an open forum and everyone is entitled to their 'opinions' on any player. Leaving is just a weak excuse of not coping with someone disagreeing with you.

E.g I copped a lot of flak off you r.e Billings criticism after the Adelaide flogging. Shrug it off and move on.

You said something along the lines of 'you can't carry bad kicks in your bottom 6 players' while poor disposal can be a hindrance there is more to footy than simply kicking the ball. Besides, Wrights kicking this year has been underrated anyhow. He has barely butchered it unlike last year. We'll that's my observation anyhow. He brings manic pressure and hits the scoreboard. That's all we need from a defensive forward.

As for players complaining about him getting a game, he's doing everything right to hold his place in my eyes.

Also the threat of not posting doesn't phase me. If that's really what you want to do, go for it. I'm not the one that should make decision for you though.
Again you seem to disagree with carrying a player with bad kicking and who can't accumulate the pill. You think based on speed and pressure acts he would get a game in any grand final side.i mean that's the aim to win a flag and not plod along like Richmond

No you found BrianSpeaking Moorabbin Ghost and myself tiresome. I believe we have always posted to enlighten supporters. But if you feel that way as I said we can stop posting or you can chuck us on ignore. Just let us know what suits your agenda. You are of course more then happy to point out how tiring our facts or opinions maybe. So just let us know what suits you best.

Tom Rehn from SEN Adelaide just said there are about four clubs interested in Hartlett. The only club he named of those four was St Kilda although GC was brought up by Ox.

Hartlett is the same age as Rocky. He doesn't get as much as the footy as Rocky but he takes the ball forward and is a very attacking half back/winger that I reckon could spend more time in the midfield.

I'm on the fence with Hartlett and lean towards passing on him however interesting that SA media have us as keen.

If we are interested in Hartlett, make no mistake Richo would have a very specific plan for him from his PA days. Trout/Bains etc.. would have gone straight to Richo and asked about him when they learned he was on the market. In Richo we trust..

Again you seem to disagree with carrying a player with bad kicking and who can't accumulate the pill. You think based on speed and pressure acts he would get a game in any grand final side.i mean that's the aim to win a flag and not plod along like Richmond

No you found BrianSpeaking Moorabbin Ghost and myself tiresome. I believe we have always posted to enlighten supporters. But if you feel that way as I said we can stop posting or you can chuck us on ignore. Just let us know what suits your agenda. You are of course more then happy to point out how tiring our facts or opinions maybe. So just let us know what suits you best.
Jesus Christ mate, just calm down.

Was merely disagreeing with some of the things your both sprouted as fact when it was a genuine opinion rofl. Your inside info is valued, but that's not what I'm talk about here.

And when did I say Wrighty would get a game in any premiership side? You're resorting to throwing words in my mouth...

well i recon if he played in the 97 grand final, instead of Lappin (who became a good player) saints would have won.

The way he shut down Johaneson run in the 2nd game against bulldogs was a big difference to the first game of the year.. a similar job on mcLeod in 97 and saints are home. Lappin just could not go with him.

So it is fine to say people like Lonie will be a better player, and I dont disagree. But Lappin was a very good player. Just could not go with McLeod. Wright would have been the difference that day, IMO.

So... he can have a role, and even in a GF, again IMO

Too much bickering going on here.. Anyway how about this fella from the WAFL. Former Collingwood rookie but is now more mature and has added 10kg to his frame. Pure midfielder. Anyone know much about him. 4 of the last 10 sandover medalists have gone on to play AFL. 1 of which was mat priddis! Surely worth a rookie spot on an AFL list.

Ex-Collingwood rookie wins Sandover Medal
Travis King and Alex Malcolm
September 20, 2016 6:14 PM

303799-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Jye Bolton in action for Werribee in 2013

FORMER Collingwood rookie Jye Bolton hopes his Sandover Medal triumph will open the door back to an AFL club.

The Victorian – who was lured from VFL club Werribee to play with Claremont in the WAFL this year – spent the 2011 season on the Magpies' list after being recruited with pick 73 in the previous year's rookie draft.

He played one pre-season game before being delisted at the end of the season.

Bolton polled 49 votes in the Sandover count from his 20 games to beat Fremantle-listed Peel midfielder Matt De Boer, who received 42 votes from just 12 matches.

Ex-St Kilda tagger Clint Jones rounded out the top three, picking up 39 votes after returning to the WAFL for Perth this season.

Bolton also won the Simpson Medal as the state team's best player this year and the 24-year-old hoped his form would attract the interest of AFL clubs.

"I'd be happy to go anywhere," Bolton said on Tuesday.

"Throughout the year I had some contact with some different clubs and that sort of stuff. But you've just got to wait until draft day to see if they really want you."

Four of the previous 10 Sandover medallists have gone on to play in the AFL, including Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis (2006), All Australian Hayden Ballantyne (2008), Andrew Krakouer (2010) and Kane Mitchell (2012).

Bolton had a stunning season for Claremont. He averaged 29 disposals across 20 games. He won the Simpson medal as best afield in WA's state game against Tasmania, where he gathered 46 disposals and kicked two goals in a 134-point win in June.

He also caught the eye of Fremantle coach Ross Lyon who made special mention of his performance on NAB AFL Rising Star nominee Connor Blakely in Claremont's round 19 win over Fremantle's WAFL-affiliate club Peel Thunder.

Bolton said he is far better placed to handle AFL football now than he was during his time at Collingwood in 2011.

"When I was 18 I think it might have been a little bit too early for me," Bolton said.

"But I think I've learned a lot now and developed my game to a point where I can contribute to a list at a high level. That's just the goal. I just want to play my role for whatever the coach says to the best of my ability and hopefully that can get me to where I want to be."

Bolton said he has added roughly 10kg of size since his time in the AFL system and feels he is a far better contested player as a result, complementing his natural running capacity.

Bolton's season is even more impressive considering he missed most of last season due to a broken foot. He did not run between breaking the foot in May of 2015 and Christmas.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but what do you think are chances of going after Mitchell, or even reaching for Fyfe, and even Martin, but the latter scares me due to his off field past, and to be honest our club could not handle another front or back page editorial., and I know 2 are still contracted, but in todays landscape that doesn't mean much, grabbing one of those would be fantastic.

A few of us are still wondering, if Laverde has signed yet, no mention anywhere.

Too much bickering going on here.. Anyway how about this fella from the WAFL. Former Collingwood rookie but is now more mature and has added 10kg to his frame. Pure midfielder. Anyone know much about him. 4 of the last 10 sandover medalists have gone on to play AFL. 1 of which was mat priddis! Surely worth a rookie spot on an AFL list.

FORMER Collingwood rookie Jye Bolton hopes his Sandover Medal triumph will open the door back to an AFL club.

The Victorian – who was lured from VFL club Werribee to play with Claremont in the WAFL this year – spent the 2011 season on the Magpies' list after being recruited with pick 73 in the previous year's rookie draft.

Bolton polled 49 votes in the Sandover count from his 20 games to beat Fremantle-listed Peel midfielder Matt De Boer, who received 42 votes from just 12 matches.

Ex-St Kilda tagger Clint Jones rounded out the top three, picking up 39 votes after returning to the WAFL for Perth this season.

Bolton also won the Simpson Medal as the state team's best player this year and the 24-year-old hoped his form would attract the interest of AFL clubs.

"Throughout the year I had some contact with some different clubs and that sort of stuff. But you've just got to wait until draft day to see if they really want you."

Four of the previous 10 Sandover medallists have gone on to play in the AFL, including Brownlow medallist Matt Priddis (2006), All Australian Hayden Ballantyne (2008), Andrew Krakouer (2010) and Kane Mitchell (2012).

Bolton had a stunning season for Claremont. He averaged 29 disposals across 20 games. He won the Simpson medal as best afield in WA's state game against Tasmania, where he gathered 46 disposals and kicked two goals in a 134-point win in June.

He also caught the eye of Fremantle coach Ross Lyon who made special mention of his performance on NAB AFL Rising Star nominee Connor Blakely in Claremont's round 19 win over Fremantle's WAFL-affiliate club Peel Thunder.

Bolton said he is far better placed to handle AFL football now than he was during his time at Collingwood in 2011.

"When I was 18 I think it might have been a little bit too early for me," Bolton said.

"But I think I've learned a lot now and developed my game to a point where I can contribute to a list at a high level. That's just the goal. I just want to play my role for whatever the coach says to the best of my ability and hopefully that can get me to where I want to be."

Bolton said he has added roughly 10kg of size since his time in the AFL system and feels he is a far better contested player as a result, complementing his natural running capacity.

Bolton's season is even more impressive considering he missed most of last season due to a broken foot. He did not run between breaking the foot in May of 2015 and Christmas.
I think he's definitely worth a look on the rookie list. From memory the pies rookie listed him off his Geelong Football League form, having not played much, if any TAC Cup footy in 2010. He then went back to Leopold for 2 years before plying his trade at Werribee, and then moving to the WAFL. Could very much be a money ball pick, suits our demographic needs and can play at that inside bull. Suspect someone like Brisbane, GC or even Freo would be sniffing around big time.

Port might want longer. Ryder will return next year but their ruck stocks were pretty thin this season. Id be very happy with Hartlett, particularly knowing richo has already coached him and given the OK to get him.

Is Brand your preferred KPD option? What do you think of him, there is very little info out there about how he plays.

I'm assuming you see him as a casualty of JOM and Mitchall trades?

I'm all for Darcy Gardiner if we can get him, or maybe the far less tough and skilful version in Frost.

My ideal trade result is Steele, Weller and Gardiner, how do we do that... not sure, but I can dream!
First season back after shoulder reconstruction, supposedly a strong mark, good size , can play either end also pinch hit in the ruck. I believe is still on the OOC list is a perfect age for our team going forward. With him & Carlisle down back, Bruce up forward all taking ruck duties in their area, less work for Hickey which will let him run out a game. Wouldn't expect him to cost the earth, win, win.

well i recon if he played in the 97 grand final, instead of Lappin (who became a good player) saints would have won.

The way he shut down Johaneson run in the 2nd game against bulldogs was a big difference to the first game of the year.. a similar job on mcLeod in 97 and saints are home. Lappin just could not go with him.

So it is fine to say people like Lonie will be a better player, and I dont disagree. But Lappin was a very good player. Just could not go with McLeod. Wright would have been the difference that day, IMO.

So... he can have a role, and even in a GF, again IMO

Nathan Wright was only 3 years old in 1997, no way he could have stopped McLeod that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are interested in Hartlett, make no mistake Richo would have a very specific plan for him from his PA days. Trout/Bains etc.. would have gone straight to Richo and asked about him when they learned he was on the market. In Richo we trust..

Hartlett in 2013 - The year Richo was there. Stats per footywire -

Games - 22
Ave Kicks - 12.1
Ave HBs - 8
Ave Marks - 3.3
Ave Tackles - 4

He kicked 15 goals for the year.

In the one game Richo was senior coach (due to Ken Hinkley illness) Hartlett had 7 touches, 5 tackles and gave away 2 free kicks as the Power went down to North by 10 points.

Statistically his best year was 2015 - 22.2 disposals, 4.3 marks and 6 tackles a game for 22 games. Only the 9 goals though.

Im on the fence really. He doesn't seem like a clear upgrade on Joey, Roberton, Newnes or DMac across halfback and he doesn't win enough of the footy to be a top flight midfielder. We would be giving up pick 10 for a better kicking version of Gilbert who, looking at these stats, wouldn't be as effective forward of the ball.

Id rather keep the pick and hope to draft Scrimshaw if this is the type of player we are looking at.

Tom Rehn from SEN Adelaide just said there are about four clubs interested in Hartlett. The only club he named of those four was St Kilda although GC was brought up by Ox.

Hartlett is the same age as Rocky. He doesn't get as much as the footy as Rocky but he takes the ball forward and is a very attacking half back/winger that I reckon could spend more time in the midfield.

I'm on the fence with Hartlett and lean towards passing on him however interesting that SA media have us as keen.
Another HB flanker/winger? We already have 20 of those

Wrong bolton for mine :-(

Sadly i dont think there is a menengola from the WAFL in this years draft. But there is liam ryan and some seriously good u18 prospects

Believe me, this came from current and former listed St kilda players.
Why do you have to tell us. And then since its on a public forum you are telling everyone.

It is not fair to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back