List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Denham is the same bloke that bashed us for weeks around sacking Watters, trading MacEvoy and signing Richo while he was still contracted at Port. Wouldn't pay him much heed

Especially since more reliable sources have already linking him to both us and Adelaide.

Hey, just putting it out there. It's just his opinion, and every man and his dog has one.
Re Greg Denham, he has been very bullish about the Saints this whole year. They all flip around in the breeze...remember " they won't win a game" King? He changed his opinion too. I don't take anything most journos say seriously.

Choco was the Giants 1st development/assistant coach when Sheedy started. From memory he was there for their first two years... so you'd think he'd have very good relationships with most of the guys that have been there for the 5 years of their existence.

And considering he's just been axed from the Tigers, why wouldn't you go after him? Just one small problem as far as I can remember, wasn't he almost a shoo-in for our coaching job before Richo got it?

Greg Denham is the same bloke that bashed us for weeks around sacking Watters, trading MacEvoy and signing Richo while he was still contracted at Port. Wouldn't pay him much heed

Especially since more reliable sources have already linking him to both us and Adelaide.

I would definitely back Rooey, Joey and co to sort out any abrasiveness (is that a word?) he might have.

Remember 17 clubs ignoring Dusty when he wanted out for perceived attitude problems? Now 17 clubs look silly

I think with Dusty it might have been off-field rather than attitude problems that scared the clubs off.

For some reason I feel a bit uneasy about trading future picks unless we got an absolute A grader.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but take for example the freeman trade last year. Yes we used our future pick on him, however we could have potentially already have Steele wrapped up from GWS if we have kept our 2nd pick. Now it makes it harder to do as pick 10 is over for him.

id be cautious about trading them (unless its a player that will be top 10 in the club) because every year more and more players will be seeking a trade and we need to keep picks 25 and under.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions are desperate for a clean slate. I can't recall the journo's name but one based in Qld said a while back that Hanley & Rocky both NEED to go for Brisbane to move forward.

Pick 10 for Rocky just doesn't sit right with me. But our 2017 first rounder & Eli for their 2016 pick 20 & Rocky I'd do....Just how motivated are they to move him on.

Then pick 20 for Steele. 2017 first & Eli for Rocky & Steele is good business IMO.
Pick 10 for Rocky and Handley then.;)

I think with Dusty it might have been off-field rather than attitude problems that scared the clubs off.
What scared them off was that dusty was asking a lot of money to move clubs. Obviously no club accepted his requests but now a lot of them look silly especially after the season he had. St kilda was interested in him but dropped their interest as he requested to much money at the time , 800k per season if im correct or something like that.now Adelaide offers him upwards of a mill a year .

If Hartlett can permanently transition into the midfield, that's be good. Also, there's two types of cost: money/cap, and trade/pick. From Port's salary cap perspective, Hartlett sounds like a real problem, but we could probably afford his salary right now. That may be willing to ask for less at the trade table, to see their salary cap alleviated.

I guess I'm saying that precisely because he's expensive, he may come cheap.

On the subject of player interaction within a team - during Jack Lonie's interview in the rooms after the Round 23 game - towards the end of the interview a player walked past and shouted towards Lonie - me me me me me me me me - well pretty sure that's what he said

It might have been a joke but it seemed like a dig at Lonie's supposed figjam persona
I don't believe you. Even with no context that sounds like a joke.

The Lions are desperate for a clean slate. I can't recall the journo's name but one based in Qld said a while back that Hanley & Rocky both NEED to go for Brisbane to move forward.

Pick 10 for Rocky just doesn't sit right with me. But our 2017 first rounder & Eli for their 2016 pick 20 & Rocky I'd do....Just how motivated are they to move him on.

Then pick 20 for Steele. 2017 first & Eli for Rocky & Steele is good business IMO.

Probably a tad unders for rocky, but if they're motivated to get rid of him there's an opportunity to exploit that motivation...

What scared them off was that dusty was asking a lot of money to move clubs. Obviously no club accepted his requests but now a lot of them look silly especially after the season he had. St kilda was interested in him but dropped their interest as he requested to much money at the time , 800k per season if im correct or something like that.now Adelaide offers him upwards of a mill a year .

Well if the Saints thought that the asking price was too rich for them then I'm ok with that, especially as they have expended so much effort getting their salary cap in order. They obviously offered what they thought was fair and so be it if it wasn't enough. That's responsible drafting as far as I'm concerned.
Adelaide are in their window and obviously want him right now and therefore are prepared to pay up big.

No rocky no Hartlett no type of sausage ffs
Get steele
Keep sincs and lonie, ffs why would you trade really good depth that's pushing it to get into the 22, a 22 that isn't good enough to play finals just yet...unless it involved getting someone like dusty or shiel to the club.

Haven't read anywhere that Lavie has signed or agreed to stay at the bombers.....take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back