List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickery wasn't an out an out spud. He had a lot of ability but mentally not there.

Definition of a spud: Aaron Josephs
To his point, Vickery didn't make the 10 years either, I think it was 8.
And being 200cm added at least 3 years to his career.
Rucks are exception to the rule, see Phillips. A 2 metre spud is worth more than a short one.

Butler was out by injury, played well in reserves but hard to force your way into a team that wins 12 games in a row.
Would have most likely started in tigers 22 next year if he was willing to take a pay cut.

According to one of my close mates who's a Tigers diehard, Butler is a ripping player. Was very stiff to miss out but as you said SD, got hurt at the wrong time and then other blokes got into really good form. Castagna was probably the one that kept him out as Hardwick preferred his marking ability over Butler's ground level abilities.

Would rather keep White for another year than Newnes.
And especially would not want a 2 year contract for Newnes.

We already are dealing with contracts that are too long for reserves level players who are not in the "developing" age category.... e.g McKenzie, Young, Kent, Joyce
Newnes is a B grade AFL player.
White is an A grade VFL player.

Newnes all day for me.

We will certainly have a new look side next year. No Richo, a bit more pace. It should be fun, overall happy but didn't like the Bruce and Acres trades.

I think if Freo settle him in the 1 position, Acres is a chance of being vwry handy as a big bodied on baller. Anyway, we obviously don't rate him.

Who he was a few years ago may not necessarily be who he is now. I trust the club wouldn't be stupid enough to recruit the 2015 version but if he's grown up I'd have no issue. Everyone deserves a chance to atone. He'd have to prove he's worth the risk though. I imagine the contract would be tight wherever he goes
Has stayed out of trouble for a bit over a year now. A lot of his stuff over his first 3 years with us was fairly minor. But the Eagle loving media over here are all over anything negative about Freo.

The laughing at SOS for missing the trades, but as gringo pointed out he may end up with Martin and Newnes for nothing.

The laughs will be on Essendon.
Sen Harley interview revealed they were offered papley and Jones.
Could have had 2 best 22 players (possibly a dp in the trade too) for an injured bloke who will leave next year for FA.
And if they got paps they could have shipped fantasia to port for Dougal likely.

I’d give Bennell a rookie spot. The reward could be huge, the risks are obvious but for a rookie spot who cares
I’d like to see the club back ourselves. It’s time we started taking risks like this

Can we get him to train with us pre season to get a real close up look?

The laughing at SOS for missing the trades, but as gringo pointed out he may end up with Martin and Newnes for nothing.

Could have had 2 best 22 players (possibly a dp in the trade too) for an injured bloke who will leave next year for FA.
And if they got paps they could have shipped fantasia to port for Dougal likely.

He’d far rather have got Martin safely signed away than wait until pre season, and I would imagine the only reason he’s interested in Newnes now is because he didn’t manage to get his targets. ( Not counting Eddie, who no one else was chasing). Not sure he’d be going after him if he got Papley and Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’d far rather have got Martin safely signed away than wait until pre season, and I would imagine the only reason he’s interested in Newnes now is because he didn’t manage to get his targets. ( Not counting Eddie, who no one else was chasing). Not sure he’d be going after him if he got Papley and Martin.
Nah, they were probably always interested but waited until after so we don't get anything

A sliding doors moment that worked in our favour for the first time ever!

Former artist known as TEW : Hannebery's acquisition was the key to unlocking more established players nominating & coming to StKilda a masterstroke by Lethlean.

Who is TEW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to one of my close mates who's a Tigers diehard, Butler is a ripping player. Was very stiff to miss out but as you said SD, got hurt at the wrong time and then other blokes got into really good form. Castagna was probably the one that kept him out as Hardwick preferred his marking ability over Butler's ground level abilities.

I personally don’t get the Castagna love from Tigers supporters. Ball butcher. Kicks more points than we do. I’ll have Butler’s accuracy thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back