List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the result. We have done really well and can’t wait to see Hill, Ryder, Hannebery, Jones and Butler in the red white and black next year.

On the outs:

Steven - in the end it came down to us making it easy for him. If he played for Collingwood or Essendon it would be a pick in the 20s at least, they would have the media behind them pumping up his Elite potential. It is what it is.

Bruce - solid B grade player for a solid B grade price (although I think we will miss him in the short term).

Acres - based on what we have got out of him so far, it’s a meh. Have a niggling fear he might actually show what he is capable of.

Smashed that out of the park. See you in a couple of weeks to whinge about the 2020 fixture sainters. Peace.

So we gave up: 6, 59, future 2nd, 3rd and 4th, Steven, Bruce and Acres for Hill, Howard, Ryder, Jones and Butler.

Did I get that right? Wow. Big win. So impressive that we could overpay for so many players.
Hard to argue we over paid for Howard or Jones or Ryder or Butler....

Hill maybe but take away the shitty late pick and the player that would not have been best 22 and it looks like a good deal.

Sad we lost Steven for peanuts but that's life

Just on a side note I don’t get Carlton, freo or Adelaide.

carlton got stocker as they thought he would rate top 3 this year if they still got 15 out of Gc they would have got Walsh stocker a first rounder.

freo thought getting Lobb and Hogan was setting them up for finals yet have lost Neale And hill and also traded winger hill/ Langdon for aish and acres.

Adelaide god only knows - last year was good Adelaide players in the draft and didn’t have a crack and have lost 6-8 best 25 list Players for nothing

Hard to argue we over paid for Howard or Jones or Ryder or Butler....

Hill maybe but take away the shitty late pick and the player that would not have been best 22 and it looks like a good deal.

Sad we lost Steven for peanuts but that's life
We overpaid for Jones big time and got royally screwed for all the players we lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we gave up: 6, 59, future 2nd, 3rd and 4th, Steven, Bruce and Acres for Hill, Howard, Ryder, Jones and Butler.

Did I get that right? Wow. Big win. So impressive that we could overpay for so many players.
Didn't bother to count the picks we got back?

We were always going to have a sparse 2019 but have enough for Biggy and two rookie upgrades.

2021 we have kept our first, have a 3rd and 2 4ths so solid.

We got 5 excellent players.

But yes it is all disappointing

Heard Barrett mention McCartin is giving it a go next year , is this confirmed
For his sake I sure hope not. He should just enjoy life cause I don’t think his body is built for this game sadly.

So imagine you enter the trade period of a shallow draft with pick 6 and a collection of garbage post 50.

Then 5 best 22 players nominate you, including the best defensive wing in the comp. What do you do from there??

You trade those 2019 picks and a 2020 2nd to get them in, along with 3 talented but very flawed players that (for one reason or another) are likely not part of our plans post 2020. Yes they might be fan favourites, but each has significant ‘issues’ undermining their ability to reach their best footy.

Yes that means giving up quality, but that is the price of bringing in high quality people and players (which we badly need). I am sure most supporters would rather have traded players like DMac then Bruce, but realistically there is not a club in the AFL, VFL, WAFL, SANFL, TAC CUP or ammos that would want DMac on their list. Let alone on a 3 year contract worth close to $1 million.

After 9 years of medoicrity we enter 2020 with 5-8 new best 22 players, and a completely revamped offield department and gameplan.

Sentimentality aside (and I love Stuv and what he did for this club), we are in an astronimically better position than we were at the end of July. I realise change is hard, but we really really needed it to happen.

I think we all need to get used to our club being run by professionals. Probably not something most of us have ever seen in out lifetimes!! Bring on 2021!!!!

Last edited:
Do we actually have pick 51 left. Not sure where pick 56 came from for Butler?

56 came from Sydney... was 32 and a future 3rd for jones and 56 (2019 3rd) which seems to of been misreported a lot.

Edit: fmd apparently we traded 76 to sydney as well. god that trade is confusing and heavily misreported

Last edited:
Didn't bother to count the picks we got back?

We were always going to have a sparse 2019 but have enough for Biggy and two rookie upgrades.

2021 we have kept our first, have a 3rd and 2 4ths so solid.

We got 5 excellent players.

But yes it is all disappointing
We got 51 back Joffa. Whoopdie doo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back