List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Jack Martin

We need to see why he isn't getting a game.

If he has told them he wants out and they aren't playing him then fair enough.

Otherwise you have to ask why he can't cement a spot in the worst team.

If he has checked out then that's unprofessional IMO and a massive red flag.
No need to send an email memo out.

Thanks Jerry.

Hill has had a great year and is at absolute peak value, while Blake stagnated this year but has plenty of upside IMO… I think we'll regret trading Blake out if that eventuates, let alone Blake plus a first rounder… I would be really disappointed if we did that.

Find another way saints. Acres will improve under a better coach, I have no doubt.

View attachment 726995View attachment 726996View attachment 726998View attachment 726997
Change of coaches may do him some good but he’s still relatively unproven. Hill is a dead cert. Either way I’d be happy to keep him and see what Ratts can do

Acres 203 overall, 30th for his position, 11th at his club - (was ranked our 4th best early last year before getting injured, just as he hit 50 AFL games.)

Hill 226th overall, 82 for his position, 8th at his club. Has averaged around 20 disposals for the past 6 years, has peaked this year with 25.

Says to me that Hill is probably getting overrated and acres output undervalued.

Put Savage on a wing and he'll have similar output to Hill.

Let's keep Acres.

Acres 203 overall, 30th for his position, 11th at his club - (was ranked our 4th best early last year before getting injured, just as he hit 50 AFL games.)

Hill 226th overall, 82 for his position, 8th at his club. Has averaged around 20 disposals for the past 6 years, has peaked this year with 25.

Says to me that Hill is probably getting overrated and acres output undervalued.

Put Savage on a wing and he'll have similar output to Hill.

Let's keep Acres.
Don’t mind the Sav call

My order would be Hill, Crouch then Wines.

Hill compliments our need for classy, ball users and would be the best option to help our kick inside 50.
Then Crouch over Wines since he has a better balance between inside and outside mid.

Why not get them both Crouch & Hill? If we lose Stuv our midfield will remain a bottom 6 group, until our kids develop. We may get Constable in the Stuv trade hence we could then look at tradng out Acres, Dunstan or Sinclair in the deals.

Hill has had a great year and is at absolute peak value, while Blake stagnated this year but has plenty of upside IMO… I think we'll regret trading Blake out if that eventuates, let alone Blake plus a first rounder… I would be really disappointed if we did that.

Find another way saints. Acres will improve under a better coach, I have no doubt.

View attachment 726995View attachment 726996View attachment 726998View attachment 726997
Totally underwhelmed by that deal, we pay what hill is worth and throw in a 23 year old acres just for fun.

Totally underwhelmed by that deal, we pay what hill is worth and throw in a 23 year old acres just for fun.

I doubt we’d do 6 + Acres for Hill. Indeed if we are offering that deal (a first and Acres) it says to me we are tying to hold onto 6 and give a future pick.

Teen picks aren’t much good to Freo since they’d risk loosing it if an early bid for Henry comes up.

So future 1st + Acres for Hill and say a future 3rd I’d reckon.

Or if we land at pick 8 and do 8 and Acres we’d at least be able to get pick 25 back off them since they are unlikely to be able to use it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't reckon they will trade Acres. With a new coach and direction I feel they may give him one more year. He has great skills. When he is on, he can break lines and find space. I just feel with a good coach and when he knows his role in the team. He will smash it.
Maybe.

But if it's true that he's been offered for trade then the club disagree.

He is contracted so if a trade doesn't happen, he stays.

That graph and my eyeballs show blake now stagnating for 2 years not 1.

That doesn't mean I want him gone.
I don't want any of acres,ross,sinclair etc traded.

Purely because our issue is we need gun mids to HELP those guys- we need guys like acres etc AND guns above them if we are going to actually play and win finals.

Swapping the names around of our B grade brigade (acres, ross, sincs etc out for jones, martin, whoever) wont get us any closer to playing and winning finals.
That's just shuffling deckchairs on the titanic.

Nor will shipping off parts of our B grade brigade to bring in guns help much overall to play and win finals- because we need depth AND guns.
We're robbing peter to pay paul losing mid depth to bring in gun mids.

I love josh bruce- but I'd rather ship him off ahead of acres or ross or sincs to get hill- because we could replace him with battle next year.

Or better yet- dont use ANY players to get hill- i'd try and split this years first AND next years first if needed.

Turn our 2 first rounders in 2019 and 2020 into 4 late first rounders.

Last edited:
Way too much love for such an average player...Not much improvement left in him unfortunately. Will always be a GOP.
He's a great kid and from all accounts puts in extra sessions at training.

The reality is that players like Roma, Battle, Wilkie and a few others have shot past him in terms of development.

Wherever he ends up I hope he has a good career.

That graph and my eyeballs show blake now stagnating for 2 years not 1.
And he's still ranked higher than Hill who has played twice as many games.

At any rate, his 2018 was far better than his 2017, so I don't see how you would consider that stagnating?

Hill's graph doesn't look like a player you should be counting on either…

And he's still ranked higher than Hill who has played twice as many games.

At any rate, his 2018 was far better than his 2017, so I don't see how you would consider that stagnating?

Hill's graph doesn't look like a player you should be counting on either…

I didn't say anything about hill.

You asserted blake had stagnated this year and showed a graph that shows he flatlined in 2018 and went backwards in 2019.

So it's actually quite generous to say he's stagnated for 2 years.
It would be more accurate to say he stagnated in 2018 and got worse in 2019.

I don't want to trade blake btw.
Also I think those stats and rankings are of limited value as evidence, but I'm playing along with your use of them.

Blake is decent depth, with scope to improve, contracted and plays in the midfield which is a real problem area for us.
We wouldn't gain anything sufficient enough in trading him to offset his value to us- therefore, he stays.

To make it worthwhile trading the likes of acres, ross, sincs, dunstan etc (our B grade mid brigade), it would take a trade so advantageous to us that it won't realistically happen.

For instance, hill for acres (or sincs or dunstan) straight swap.

As such a trade is unrealistic- they are worth us keeping so they stay.

The cure for our problem that the midfield is all B grade and no A grade isn't to remove B grade and add A grade.

We need A AND B grade mids if we want to play and win finals.

Last edited:
It pains me to say this but I’d love Dildoro this year in the negotiations.
Wind back to 2017 he turned 11 30 and a future 2nd into Stringer, Smith and Saad.
Dogs demanded 11 for Stringer. He took it off the table by sending it to GWS for Smith. Dogs then limped to the last hour of trade week and accepted 25 and 30.
It was shrewd and masterful.

Freo want pick 6 for Hill. Get creative, take it off the table and spin it into a double win. Hopefully this is where gubby will earn his money. Brisbane’s 2 x firsts or a GWS young gun and a first.

I don’t want Langdon. He’s a good player. We have enough of those. We need great players.

I’d send this years 1st and next years to GC for King and Martin. Just bring the King home now

I didn't say anything about hill.

You asserted blake had stagnated this year and showed a graph that shows he flatlined in 2018 and went backwards in 2019.

So it's actually quite generous to say he's stagnated for 2 years.
It would be more accurate to say he stagnated in 2018 and got worse in 2019.
I thought we were talking about Acres relative value in a trade for Hill?

I don't mind a player flat-lining if they are ranked our 4th best which he was early last year.

2018 was a serious improvement on 2017 - pretty disingenuous to declare that stagnating, particularly for a player missing two months through injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back