List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Freo getting Henry through their academy, they are rightfully keen on our number 5 pick. It would give them 5 & 6, then getting Henry on top of that.

Hopefully we can work out a deal where we get something back, maybe getting a bunch of later picks for a higher pick? Hopefully someone can do the math for me.
I think Henry at pick 12 is a bit of a stretch though, the kid should be a late first. Having said that, he 'could' go by then which makes pick 5 more valuable to them than it ordinarily would've been.

Last edited:
Hugh Greenwood is prepared to walk to a Victorian club such as Hawthorn or St Kilda if he cannot secure the three-year deal contract he wants with his home club Adelaide.

what are we looking at a mid who is no better than Dunstan

He looked okay to me but what do I know. He looked exciting. I loved that he's come to try out at Sandy as a Leader Newspaper promotion thing and got a spot...then comes third in their B and F. Good on him. I think Podsiadly started his career about that age, at least his dream still has an unlikely flicker.
Doesnt he work for the club in some capacity?
That rings a bell, Plugger would know, I think he said he knows his dad.
Yeah, works for the club, i think in sports science or something. He is the step brother of a co-worker.

Hugh Greenwood is prepared to walk to a Victorian club such as Hawthorn or St Kilda if he cannot secure the three-year deal contract he wants with his home club Adelaide.

what are we looking at a mid who is no better than Dunstan
That's the most bullshit, non committal, no sources article I have seen from Jon Ralph in some time.

Saying things like "clubs such as" and "would be considered if" just backs up it is pure baseless speculation to fill his nightly word count.

Whats the latest - Brad Hill has select us for pick 5
is Steven packed his bags
is Ryder playing for us next year
Steven is playing on, Bruce staying, Hill coming for a future 2nd rounder and Ben King a delisted free agent after gold coast realize they dont really deserve a player of his calibre.

I may or may not have dreamt this insider news.

I’d trade 13 and Constable for Seb, gives Stuv a friend.

Seb and Stuv for 13, Constable and Cam Guthrie.
i take it your a cats fan in disguise?you know like in the terminator we can get dogs to sniff you guys out,sure constable for steven is ok,a promising kid for a guy that is cooked at the saints,but might well give the cats an extra dimension,that part im ok with,but the absolute spud that is guthrie for ross,yes your a cats fan,i know he was 2nd best on ground in their most recent game,but the guy looks ridiculous & is injured often,while Ross has some faults,but he is a consistent performer & our reigning b and f,gather up your cats badges and duffle coat & head to the mcg on friday night,but dont pretend to have the saints best interests at heart please

I think Henry at pick 12 is a bit of a stretch though, the kid should be a late first. Having said that, he 'could' go by then which makes pick 5 more valuable to them than it ordinarily would've been.

Liam Henry .

Just behind Rowell & Anderson with the recruiting guys I was with at Championships.

AFL website also completely wrong he is not a Small Forward ..that is Ian Hill at the Giants .

Henry is an elite winger but can see him playing exactly like Jetta does at West Coast later in career.

Liam Henry .

Just behind Rowell & Anderson with the recruiting guys I was with at Championships.

AFL website also completely wrong he is not a Small Forward ..that is Ian Hill at the Giants .

Henry is an elite winger but can see him playing exactly like Jetta does at West Coast later in career.
First time that I've heard this and it's a massive call to have him right up there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven is playing on, Bruce staying, Hill coming for a future 2nd rounder and Ben King a delisted free agent after gold coast realize they dont really deserve a player of his calibre.

I may or may not have dreamt this insider news.
Champagne comedy, or more like spumante comedy.

Whats the go with Rhys Mathieson i know we where interested in drafting him and being in and out of the Lions side is he someone to look at?
God no, purely on the fact that he has the 2nd most punchable face in the AFL behind Sicily.

You’re in Portugal and you’re not drinking Port?
That qualifies for at least a week’s ban ( during which time you can catch up on your reading 😊)

Don't you worry Diehard, I'm covering the bases. Port after a meal, a couple of cold Sagres during the day, and wine with the Missus at night...followed by a cheeky Port before bed. I'm keeping it merry.

Lets try,
Future 1st swap with WC for Petrojelly

P5 and future 2nd swap GWS for Claders and P11. (F3rd also available)

P11 for Hill

Brucey for dogs P12

Stuv for (WC)P22 via Geelong, straight swap

Newnes compo + F4th for Jones

P55 for Ryder

Ins:
Caldwell
Petrojelly
Hill
Jones
Ryder
P12
P22
Biggy
2020 1st(WC)
2020 2nd(GWS) (Keith*)

Lets try,
Future 1st swap with WC for Petrojelly

P5 and future 2nd swap GWS for Claders and P11. (F3rd also available)

P11 for Hill

Brucey for dogs P12

Stuv for (WC)P22 via Geelong, straight swap

Newnes compo + F4th for Jones

P55 for Ryder

Ins:
Caldwell
Petrojelly
Hill
Jones
Ryder
P12
P22
Biggy
2020 1st(WC)
2020 2nd(GWS) (Keith*)
Not bad Scrappy Dappy Doo!

Would love both Perojelly and Caldwell in our team, and i see you have rated them
Pretty highly, so both trades if possible are at least realistic!
Plus Caldwell would fit in perfectly with our policy of bringing players that struggle to get on the park!
But has huge upside for whoever takes that risk if they can get him right!

Obviously i would prefer Steven and Bruce stay. But if it is to be that they both go
This is probably the best scenario for us i have seen, where it still gives us some real positive energy going forward!

Interesting seeing people compare Gresh to Brent Harvey as a mid.

In his draft year SEN ran a fantasy mock at the end of the season. They had us taking Gresh at pick 5 because he was the 2nd best mid available.

Since he got drafted I look at him as a Paul Chapman type forward who pushes into the middle for bursts.

I'm surprised Richo didn't try him at half back at some point haha

His inside work is really good though so I can see why the club want him on ball. I just hope we don't burn him out.

His inside work is among the best in our list, that's why i'd rather get someone else in to do that sort of work, so we can use Gresham in a more damaging way, he's too good for just digging in, getting the ball and passing it to the nearest player he can see.

We need to cool our jets.
Focus should be trade ins
Hill and an experienced ruck
Trade Outs
Stevens, Newnes and 27
Draft
Best ruck with our pick
Best X factor small forward with our pick
Acres has heaps of development left in him, one of our best tacklers - a must keep.

I appreciate we need an experience but with Marshall running out games pretty easily, the guy will be playing VFL. So it doesn't improve our game day performance unless Marshall is injured.
So our "on paper " improvement will be just Hill replacing someone on the wing ( Sinclair? Hind? ) and players off our list ( Bytel, King ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back