List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Herald Sun, Geelong want us to send a pick with Steven to get pick 37 back.

Doesnt mention anything about us paying his wage, but I assume Geelong still want us to do that as well.

Fine, take a future 5th.

We have to call their bluff. The suggestion from them that they're happy to walk away and build with youth I think is a load of sh!t. They resigned Ablett and Taylor, there is no way they do that unless they're all in for another flag tilt next year. If they get Stuv and he pulls himself together, they know that will be a big boost to their chances next year.

Don't worry folks - all is under control.

James explained to us last Monday what would happen during the trade period and how it would pan out. So far its bang on track.

Just a reminder

Fine, take a future 5th.

We have to call their bluff. The suggestion from them that they're happy to walk away and build with youth I think is a load of sh!t. They resigned Ablett and Taylor, there is no way they do that unless they're all in for another flag tilt next year. If they get Stuv and he pulls himself together, they know that will be a big boost to their chances next year.
Fine, take a future 5th.

Scenario for Bruce, Keath and Jones.

Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath (roughly pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index) . Dogs then send Pick 23 or 28 to St Kilda for Bruce which then goes to Sydney for Jones.

Would you sign up to that deal?

Seriously why would Jack want to play there now? Geelong are so disrespectful and are devaluing Jacks worth by the day.
It’s actually disgraceful and can’t be doing his mental health much good.
I get that we need to feel like we can help our club by changing the narrative and public opinion, which might just effect the trade, but surely no one really believes that Jack Steven is going to feel personally offended that Geelong are trying to shortchange us, and feel they don't value him do they?

Spot on by Saiint with cats. One thing is for sure. No Steven no premiership.
I would be holding out for an early second rounder for him. Else keep him.

Here we go again

qGGeOEN.jpg

It’s mental health, it’s complicated who knows what’s going through his mind but all of this can’t be making him feel wanted by Geelong I wouldn’t have thought.

I get that we need to feel like we can help our club by changing the narrative and public opinion, which might just effect the trade, but surely no one really believes that Jack Steven is going to feel personally offended that Geelong are trying to shortchange us, and feel they don't value him do they?
[/QUOTE

It’s mental health, it’s complicated who knows what’s going through his mind but all of this can’t be making him feel wanted by Geelong I wouldn’t have thought.
One would have thought Cats if they really wanted and valued Stuv would have made this happen with a minimum of fuss. Pretty poor way to start the relationship screwing over his old club for pick 37.

'Through to the keeper' means it won't happen. You are the gift that keeps giving

Unless you knick it... just like I did on Saturday.

Something happens then. You walk.

Confirmed ITK Johnny.... Hill will knick one & walk through the doors at Linton St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me gullible but despite all the public kickback from the Cats, Dogs, Power and Dockers, I still believe we'll get all our trades done, and feel totally confident about not being taken for mugs this trade period.

Even if we don't, there's not one player amongst Hill, Howard, Jones, Ryder, Butler, Bruce or Steven who I think is so essential to our future that the difference between getting those trades done or not will mark us as big winners or losers come Thursday.

I don't know why, but I feel almost ECO about it all, Que Sera Sera kind of vibe. We'll be alright regardless.

If we get all 5 and sell off Juicy and Stuv, though I reserve the right to celebrate, I hope I'm not going to lord it over all the weak pricks that have been coming in here trying to spook us, and if we don't, I know I'm not going to get that salty when said pricks return to try to shake us into eating our words.

I suspect that the posters on here that I feel are worth listening too will have similar views and I'll take this lack of insecurity as a sign of our confidence in the folks running the club.

There will be hysteria though, that's a given. But I'm hoping that I won't be part of that. I'm looking forward to the big reveal on Wednesday! And if that big reveal is a "We tried, but couldn't make it work" then so be it.

Resigning? Re-signing you mean or leaving the Sun's?
Extended contract til end of 2022.

SEN Breakfast newsman Sam Edmund has revealed that Ben King has re-committed to the Suns until the end of 2022.
The highly rated key forward has been linked with a move to St Kilda to partner up with brother Max King.

What about
18 and Bruce for 13 and 32
12 and 13 for Howard Ryder 10 and 27
27 for Jones
10 32 and our future 2nd for Hill and their future 3rd
Future 4th for Butler
Leaves us with sfa picks this year unless we manage to get 37 for Steven (which still wouldn't sit right with me) but feel like they're all reasonable prices, maybe overpaying for hill but will depend on how we and they go next year, if it's 10+32+25-28 with an early 40s pick coming back it's not too bad.

Whoever gets Ben King would've had to pay through the nose anyway, contract makes very little difference.

If he wants to leave next year, 2021, 2022 - he'll leave.

Lmao he probably doesn't even know. Likely has his phone switched off floating on a boat off the coast of Italy or something

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Extended contract til end of 2022.

SEN Breakfast newsman Sam Edmund has revealed that Ben King has re-committed to the Suns until the end of 2022.
The highly rated key forward has been linked with a move to St Kilda to partner up with brother Max King.
Disappointing....at least we can now focus on getting Hill

Scenario for Bruce, Keath and Jones.

Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath (roughly pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index) . Dogs then send Pick 23 or 28 to St Kilda for Bruce which then goes to Sydney for Jones.

Would you sign up to that deal?

We accept 23 or 28 as long as the Swans do. We need a later pick back to send to Geelong.

Someone mentioned he is in Hawaii and is NOT listening to Trade Radio.
And if he got half decent advice for his state of mind he has stayed right out of Big Footy all year.

I like the idea of waiting a few years for Ben King, let him establish himself up there, help the Suns get somewhere and build the suspense like the Will they, Won't they? stuff they have in TV series.

Be interesting to see if he ever does decide to join his brother.

Re-signing doesn’t mean King is staying but honestly I hope he does so he can save us from ourselves. We need a midfield before we give up a kings ransom for another tall.

Monday morning - Future 2nd for Jones + 63
Monday arvo - 18 for Howard, Ryder + 68
Monday late - Bruce for 23 - Depends on when Dogs get Keath deal done.
Tuesday late - 68 + future 3rd for Butler + future 3rd
Wednesday, close to deadline - 12 + 23 for Hill + future 4th

Think we start pushing for things to get things straight away. Start putting pressure back on Freo to sort this out and show we aren't unreasonable to deal with.

Jack Steven to stay on the list ala Tippett at the Swans. We will pay him out, he will 'retire' and become a free agent for 2021. If the Cats pay him any kind of decent wage we might score a 3rd rounder compo. Most likely we get nothing but neither do the Cats. Jack still gets some decent coin and moves back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back