List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a perfect Comp being run for the benefit of top teams and northern expansion clubs where people really couldn’t care less I think you mean.

This isn’t anything new there are sides in just about every sport I follow who dominate and others who just make up the numbers. What is quite unusual imo is that the games administration in this case actively seek to promote the interests of some clubs over the interests of others.

I can remember when collingwood and Richmond were flat broke and rattling cans, hawthorn were never a big club and came how close to merging with a permanently listless Melbourne. No as much as I may hate it every team in the competition is equally important and all I’m asking is that the people running the competition treat them that way.
How are we being tested poorly. We have got the third biggest dividend for last 5 years. Maybe the problem was our own backyard. The poor chip on the shoulder is the Saints way. Maybe we get rid of that.

St.Kilda bigfooty - 6 for Hill and a 2nd coming back is fair value.

Bell- we want 2 1sts and a 2nd for Hill.

St.Kilda bigfooty - of course we should give up 2 1sts for Hill. You can't expect to get players like Hill for nothing.
lmao oh yeah if there's one defining trait of this board its how we all have an identical opinion on what trades should look like

Yet we have half the board talking about how good it is to finally have a first class group of operators in charge. This is based off of nothing but wishful thinking.

Is Leathers outsmarting Bell or vice versa? It just depends on which club you support it would seem.

We are celebrating these guys more than we did Ameet and even that was ridiculous, especially with hindsight suggesting he built a bottom 4 list.

I'm over messiahs and just want evidence of what they do well rather than hope now. If they get the trades done they deserve all the praise they get. If they traded away Bruce and pick 6 and don't get any quality in the deserve criticism. I'm keeping an open mind on them at the moment but they are only as good as the success they generate.

St.Kilda bigfooty - 6 for Hill and a 2nd coming back is fair value.

Bell- we want 2 1sts and a 2nd for Hill.

St.Kilda bigfooty - of course we should give up 2 1sts for Hill. You can't expect to get players like Hill for nothing.
I've got no issue with it now one of those picks isn't 6, but I would expect to get something back.

12 and next year's first for Hill and 22 would be a very good deal...

As long as we show some improvement next year I guess.

knowing this draft ... if we enter the draft with both 12 and 18 im really disapointed
That's my point.... We are going to be using both these picks to make something happen - If we traded for lower picks it would make me think the Hill deal was not even being entertained. NGL, when we split our picks I thought that's exactly what we were doing and I was upset with that decision at first.

No good being a destination club if we are a Cant get the deal done club

We need to get the Hill deal done he nominated us, we need show we are professional enough to get the job done.
So in the future managers of high end talent know we are to it
at the same time we cant be seen as desperatos .... the fact is the AFL community only link players to us on the belief we are over paying them and they only want to come for money ... if we then start getting bent over for these trades it will stick of pure desperation ... we need to get the deal done but not at all costs

I've got no issue with it now one of those picks isn't 6, but I would expect to get something back.

Could live with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go back about 2 weeks on here. 12 was pretty much the value everyone had on Hill. Now we want to give up 12 and next year's 1st.

Until we’re back here next year after treading water and everybody is wondering why we have no first rounder to trade with or take to the draft.

I'm over messiahs and just want evidence of what they do well rather than hope now. If they get the trades done they deserve all the praise they get. If they traded away Bruce and pick 6 and don't get any quality in the deserve criticism. I'm keeping an open mind on them at the moment but they are only as good as the success they generate.

I'm in the same boat mate. Think that they have a great opportunity to knock this trade period out of the park, but until they do it's just baseless tribalism that is seeing is go on about our mob like they're the dog's bollocks.

Incredibly enough if we miss out on Hill we will actually be losing two players better than any of the four we'd be bringing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back