The other question you can answer for a noob like me is did Brady always so obviously like to play bruise free stationary in the pocket? Surely with his success there would have been times when he got down and dirty?Very astute point.
Clearly, you are a regular listener to the board podcast - wherein you will have heard moi describe the Packers regular season schedule as a "honey dipped, calf milk soaked, icing sugar crusted, puffed egg white cushioned, three layer super soft 10 ply, hand kneaded, gluten free, fully organic, commune raised, mouth formed marshmallow of a schedule.".
No need to wait for next week, have a listen to the "we are destined" spiel from the review this week, or even better the promised smashing in the preview...
Brady is the quintessential Statute of Liberty pocket passer....give him a clean pocket and time and he is unbeatable.The other question you can answer for a noob like me is did Brady always so obviously like to play bruise free stationary in the pocket? Surely with his success there would have been times when he got down and dirty?
His running prowess won them Super Bowl 51Brady is the quintessential Statute of Liberty pocket passer....give him a clean pocket and time and he is unbeatable.
He is no junk yard dog QB though, he is extremely pocket aware, maybe probably the best of all time, but not mobile and will not extend plays with his feet.
It was an unfathomable call. Even with the FG they still needed a TD to win. They couldn't tie with another FG. They already needed a 2pt conversion just to tie. You gotta go for it there just to try and give yourself even a chance if going to OT let alone winning.It's amazing that coaches still wimp out.
- Analytics isn't an excuse because it's lineball, slightly in favour of going for it
- You have one of the best QBs ever who's still probably a top 2 QB right now and likely MVP
- Your defense isn't terrible but it's not great
- Even if you get the ball back at/around your own 20 is your offensive line going to hold up for an 80 yard drive where the defense knows you're going to be throwing it?
- Finally, if you go for it and don't get it and are scared about the analysis of it, are you really going to get crucified for going for it there? Who is going to stand up and say "actually, with Rodgers at QB and an iffy defense facing Brady and a ton of offensive talent we think FG was the right call"?
He can coach as many 13-3 seasons as he likes, there's no chance of winning a SB if he can't make the right decision there. And even if he (and others like him) have short memories, they only need to go back one week to see what a good coach does with a game on the line even with a backup QB.
These guys are paid millions of dollars to dish up sh*t like this. I have a bet on Tampa to win the SB and I'm still furious with it.
Turns out I (and basically everyone else on the internet) was wrong about this being a missed call on Wirfs on the play that was called DPI