2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good news for:
Andy Brayshaw (midfield time)
S.Hill
Young and Serong (good players, good roles)

I don't knownif anyone else has posted, but update from the Crows internal trial. It was 1sts v 2nds, so take some good performances with a grain of salt.

McHenry was playing in the seconds team which wasn't good news.

Jones plenty of midfield time.

Matt Crouch only played a half

Brad, Sloane found lots of the ball as always

The Five: Saturday’s full match simulation https://www.afc.com.au/news/563929

I don't knownif anyone else has posted, but update from the Crows internal trial. It was 1sts v 2nds, so take some good performances with a grain of salt.

McHenry was playing in the seconds team which wasn't good news.

Jones plenty of midfield time.

Matt Crouch only played a half

Brad, Sloane found lots of the ball as always

The Five: Saturday’s full match simulation https://www.afc.com.au/news/563929

Brodie Smith details + last 6 weeks of 2019 :eyes:

I made a big discovery last night that you should NOT start Merrett, Danger or Oliver.

2019 vs GWS
Merrett 50 in Round 1
Danger 66 in Round 4
Oliver 62 in Round 10

So when do they play GWS next?
Danger in Round 1
Oliver in Round 2
Merrett in Round 4

So its is likely you will get a s**t score from these guys within the first 4 weeks making them risky players to start with.

I made a big discovery last night that you should NOT start Merrett, Danger or Oliver.

2019 vs GWS
Merrett 50 in Round 1
Danger 66 in Round 4
Oliver 62 in Round 10

Danger in Round 1
Oliver in Round 2
Merrett in Round 4

So its is likely you will get a s**t score from these guys within the first 4 weeks making them risky players to start with.
Let me guess, you've got all 3 😉

I see what you are doing 😆

Just a bit of an update for anyone looking at Geelong players, from our scratch match against the Pies/training info/intraclubs:

- Kennerley going well and could be a cheap 170K defender option in defence if he continues to impress in that wing role

- Taheny a real chance up forward

- Cockatoo pretty much ruled out for Round 1, due to us being conservative with him; could be a good downgrade/rook if he debuts a few rounds in

- Cooper Stephens a huge chance to play Round 1, and is pure inside mid with the body and the ability to rack up decent numbers

- Tom Stewart played well, with his signature dash. Should play Round 1

- Selwood still not back in full training/match sim. Not that it matters for him, as he's the best trainer at our club, but still not confident he plays Round 1 fully fit or at all

- Constable went well in the middle, from limited info, but still a wait and see during Marsh

- Duncan unlikely to play Round 1, as he recovers from the hip op

- Kreuger who I've been bullish on, looks like he's behind JJ and Sav in the pecking order, so unlikely to play early

We've been super secretive this pre-season, so this is what I've been able to muster up thus far from snippets here and there. Big news is that for all those who had Cockatoo, you can probably cross him off the list.

No news on Steven either, but should get an idea during Marsh what his role will be. Likely looks to be forward at first and then will shift into the midfield after he gets his match fitness up.

Will let you guys know once I've got any more info!

2019 vs GWS
Merrett 50 in Round 1
Danger 66 in Round 4
Oliver 62 in Round 10

Danger in Round 1
Oliver in Round 2
Merrett in Round 4

Other way to look at it is you get Dangers hardest tag out of the way first up. This will be handy particularly in leagues as most don’t start to round 2

2019 vs GWS
Merrett 50 in Round 1
Danger 66 in Round 4
Oliver 62 in Round 10

Danger in Round 1
Oliver in Round 2
Merrett in Round 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the dogs played any trials yet?

Don’t be ridiculous. The dogs will play zero trial matches this year and will forfeit both Marsh matches. Bevo has some surprises in store and he doesn’t want us to know about them until after the first lockout. I hear Caleb Daniel will be a surprise starter in the ruck and Dunkley is going to be playing as a lock down tall defender while Macrae is likely to start on the bench in the VFL.

Have the dogs played any trials yet?

Last week, middle of - closed session and minimal details have emerged....

I will report back if anything escapes....

Very few rookies that I'm comfortable fielding means my premos are dropping in both quantity and quality
Yep, the only 170k rookie I’m comfortable fielding is Pickett. Everyone else is 200k+, with most around 240-270k, which in turn means one less premo on field

Having a look through at Adelaide's list (correct me if I'm wrong Thetrader15 VSTone ), but it looks like with all their departures that they could be the team to watch for all the cheap rooks with good JS. Betts, Jenkins, Greenwood, Keath, Ellis-Yolmen, all former Best 22 players. Also, Atkins, Knight, McKay not exactly locks for Best 22 if the new coach wants to give the younger higher draft picks more exposure. Reckon Stengle (not cheap but JS), Jones, McHenry, Schoenberg and McAsey (not cheap but JS), all possible candidates for solidifying their spot in the team.

Thoughts?

Also, to everyone here, keep an eye on Chad Warner (Pick 39 2019 Draft) at 194K. Absolute smokey, but is getting huge raps from the Swans faithful. Strong tackling mid who could play Round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back