2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith is interesting but will need to line up round 1 as ruck for me to put him on the bench.

Hayes is my bench ruck atm he will definitely get games this year and is 170k
You think Hayes will?

Wouldn't Lahdams be ahead of him

Even on a PC my team is bugged.
Select an emergency or swap my players around,
"Error, Formation must not be empty" wtf
So mobile/desktop versions on phone, and PC are pissing me off.
Another high quality IT initiative by the AFL

I always do the same thing. I try to pick as many underpriced Rolling 22 players as possible. This year i ended up with 5 underpriced "uber premium" midfielders. Yes, of course, its speculation. But i just make my best guess who will be top 8 and my 5 landed in it. I literally dont have a single player on my team that i dont think will make me coin. Whitfield is the closest to it (he will make a small amount). Oh , and dont trust Dunkley, yet

Cheers, good way to think about it. Agree on Dunkley but we'll have to jump on quickly!

For those saying don't trust Dunkley, its more of a don't trust Bevo who could very well stick him forward or back hell we could see Bont , Dunks and Macrae all in the forward line and it wouldn't surprise me one bit with Bevo

Will wait for Marsh community before locking to many rooks in but so far fairly happy with the lineup i have

Opera Snapshot_2020-01-25_112330_fantasy.afl.com.au.png

You think Hayes will?

Wouldn't Lahdams be ahead of him
Hayes is too good not to get games. He was dual AA as a junior and looks like a better ruck than Ladhams. He can also play forward unlike Ladhams.

There will be competition for ruck spots at Port this year. Lycett isnt guaranteed games.

I'm interested in how people choose their uber premium midfielders?

Feels a bit like splitting hairs / throwing darts at a board to me, so keen to hear how others approach it (eg still looking for value? Consistency?).

I also haven't worked out if I trust Bevo yet, re Dunkley.
My thinking is usually to slot a bigdog in at M1 ( for Captain backup for Grundy) and then go searching for under value premo's and the low priced breakout potentials and then fill up with the rooks...
This year I'm struggling to find any breakout potentials as yet that fit my squad. I guess they'll show themselves as the Marsh series gets rolling.

as for the uber premium.. I suppose it becomes a mix of Ceiling, Durability, History...Role, Tag likelihood and Potential. Personally I like the in and under classic centreman cuddle get and give type myself.

Hayes is too good not to get games. He was dual AA as a junior and looks like a better ruck than Ladhams. He can also play forward unlike Ladhams.

There will be competition for ruck spots at Port this year. Lycett isnt guaranteed games.
That may well be true but you are forgetting one thing Hinkley who will be fighting for his job which could and probably will affect selection choices (hope not for Port and fantasy sake's)

That may well be true but you are forgetting one thing Hinkley who will be fighting for his job which could and probably will affect selection choices (hope not for Port and fantasy sake's)
Hinkley is going down the kids path. He tried to play the veterans but they are the ones that have let us down. He has already said he wants competition for ruck spots and isnt scared to drop them. Lycett was dropped last year too.

Also need to take into consideration that Lycett has only played 22 games once in his career.

Not that it really matters right now but those selecting Danger just remember he plays GWS round 1. Kelly's gone so i'm guessing De Boer will go to him.
Get that you have him for 22 weeks but smells of how Merrett started the year and everyone got him cheaper.

Does have GC round 2 so maybe a 80 and 130? still only averages 105 and a high breakeven due to poor score.

Not that it really matters right now but those selecting Danger just remember he plays GWS round 1. Kelly's gone so i'm guessing De Boer will go to him.
Get that you have him for 22 weeks but smells of how Merrett started the year and everyone got him cheaper.

Does have GC round 2 so maybe a 80 and 130? still only averages 105 and a high breakeven due to poor score.
It is a good point. I would seriously love someone who is getting tagged to just walk over to another player and tag them e.g Danger goes and tags Kelly in your scenario making GWS waste 2 players for him doubt it ever happens but would be funny as hell seeing the oppo coaches face lol

And the way i see it with Kelly gone and with another year into Sav/Miers etc and Jenkins joining. Danger will be needed less in the forwards and will play mostly mid pushing him back to his pre Kelly avg of 115+ (could be wrong it happens oh so often)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the way i see it with Kelly gone and with another year into Sav/Miers etc and Jenkins joining. Danger will be needed less in the forwards and will play mostly mid pushing him back to his pre Kelly avg of 115+ (could be wrong it happens oh so often)

Yeah i'm with you. Think he's ready for a massive year.

But with 2 trades a week i'd just rather not take the risk round 1 when there's guys in the same price range with good draws. Can always sideways in the first few rounds anyway.

Set on ROB at R2
If Titch doesn't play round 1 im thinking ill swap him for ward and use the cash to turn Heeney into dusty probably.
Selected Cockatoo and got him on the field to inspire him so he can get through preseason healthy.

fant.PNG

Yeah i'm with you. Think he's ready for a massive year.

But with 2 trades a week i'd just rather not take the risk round 1 when there's guys in the same price range with good draws. Can always sideways in the first few rounds anyway.

I'm thinking exactly the same.
Hopefully he gets tagged to a 80 rd1 then hits his stride so he can be an early upgrade target!

Can't work out how to screen shot my team so...

Back: Crisp, Houston, Doc, Roberton, Young, Gould (Goddard, McLennon)

Mids: MaCrae, Treloar, Merrett, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Picket, Bytel (Hibberd, McHenry, E.Smith)

Ruck: Grundy, Jacobs (Naismith)

Fwds: Whitfield, Walters, Brayshaw, Townsend, Flanders, Rankine (King, McAdam)

$100k left

Pretty happy that I could have 11-13 keepers and like my structure.

Can't work out how to screen shot my team so...

Back: Crisp, Houston, Doc, Roberton, Young, Gould (Goddard, McLennon)

Mids: MaCrae, Treloar, Merrett, Cogs, Titch, Rowell, Picket, Bytel (Hibberd, McHenry, E.Smith)

Ruck: Grundy, Jacobs (Naismith)

Fwds: Whitfield, Walters, Brayshaw, Townsend, Flanders, Rankine (King, McAdam)

$100k left

Pretty happy that I could have 11-13 keepers and like my structure.
Snipping tool is your friend

v1 of the team.... have 100k ITB. thinks its important to save a reserve because you WILL need to fix up after round 1

1579989287022.png

Hey just a friendly reminder friends that i am going to be winning it all this year so you might as well just start planning for for 2021.

P.s anyone else look at their forward line and just want to vomit?
I don’t feel it’s that bad

3 of Whitfield, Dusty, Devon, Steven and 3 rookies isn’t too bad. Those 4 promos have all been 100+ averaging players before

I don’t feel it’s that bad

3 of Whitfield, Dusty, Devon, Steven and 3 rookies isn’t too bad. Those 4 promos have all been 100+ averaging players before
Yeah i guess, i just don't rate Dusty as a gun fantasy player (too bloody selfless of a footy player) and i still have big question marks over Steven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back