List Mgmt. 2021-2022...List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect people are calling for Dixon to be traded because the forward 50 entries with him in the side go to s**t. That is by design from Ken. Any half decent coach would make Dixon a huge asset for this team and they certainly wouldn't be bombing it long to him at every opportunity.

If Charlie plays as the deep tall forward, then the space from 25-50 metres out should be plentiful to allow leading opportunities as the defence sags deep to cover Charlie.

If Ken is coach, it isn't going to matter what type of forward line they run, it's going to be a dog's breakfast.

What do you base your thoughts on?

WA based

Billionaire family

Not getting games at port

s**t coach now

Worse next coach if it is who I think it is

Big opportunity at the biggest club in Oz

Schofield

WA based

Billionaire family

Not getting games at port

s**t coach now

Worse next coach if it is who I think it is

Big opportunity at the biggest club in Oz

Schofield
As long as we get a good enough return for him it is what it is.

Would hate to lose him though.

The Dixon stuff is laughable. You’d get a third rounder.

He can Play on those glass ankles like Cinderella at the ball

A 3rd rounder and a functional forward line.
The problem isn't Dixon the problem is Ken thinking he's our best forward option and a game plan that reflects that. Dixon is a bad toy Ken shouldn't be playing with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put dixon on the trade table

Perhaps a club in contention of a flag could be interested in a one or two year proposition

We need to be focused on developing our next tilt
No club is going to trade for Dixon.

* Forgot McKenzie off original post
Core/Must Keep
Powell Pepper
Burton
Marshall
Houston
Finlayson
Fantasia
Wines
Clurey
Butters
Georgiadis
Rozee
Allir
Farrell
Bonner
Drew
Jones
Sinn

Players with a year or 2 left
Boak
Jonas
Dixon
Lycett
*McKenzie

Tradeable
Amon
Duursma
Bergman
Hayes
DBJ

Players that are on the cusp, untried or depth but still keep
Lord
Burgoyne
Visentini
Burgoyne
Dumont
Mead
Frederick
Pasini
Teakle
Jackson

Players to retire at years end
Gray
Motlop

Delist
Williams
Schofield
Mayes
McAtee
Skinner

Last edited:
Some feels brutal, but its hard to argue with most of it.

Would love to see Williams given one more crack, even if he gets some sort of Rookie contract. His ceiling is still as high as its ever been, even if it feels further away than we would have wanted at this point.

Would prefer to hold on to Duurs as I feel like if we let him go in a trade we would be buying high and selling low. No harm in seeing if he can put together a better year next year. Reckon we would only get a pick in the late 30s or 40s for him right now as he is struggling to even make best 22... whereas on his debut year he was clearly a first rounder. Wines is an interesting one too for the opposite reason - I don't want him to go and think he should be our next captain, but if a club was to put a good enough offer on the table for him (ie a really, really "sell the farm" type offer) you would have to look at it given his age relative to the age bracket our list is strongest in (27 vs 21-25)

Duursma, Bergman and Hayes as trades are poor (moreso under a new coach)

You'll get a greater ROI keeping them both

Id also be ok with moving skinner and Williams to the rookie list

Also youve forgot mckenzie
Who is on my retire list

(There is also only one burgoyne on the list too)

Last edited:
I wouldn't let go of Duursma or Bergman just yet. They've both battled injury and illness and there's no reason they can't turn it around next year.

Apart from that, Frederick probably should be in the delist pile.

Gray should be entitled to make a decision on his own future. He's earned that. If it's one more year on minimal coin then that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back