Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
I think the time has come to have a change of guard. Boak and Gray are no spring chickens anymore. Need a bit of a cleanout . I think

Motlop... Has to go
Gray... Manage through year
Boak.. Manage through year
Dixon... Possibly trade if get a good price. Heart no longer there
Marshall... Who the hell knws. Who else do we have
Hartlett... Gone
Rockliff... Gone
Woodcock and Frederick... Really not good enough but will be lucky
Clurey and Mckenzie... Neither really good enough. Need to find replacements

Really need to bring in a new KPD and KPF
Really need SPP to step up into a bull midfielder to support wines.

I really think we will struggle next year. Will be a changing of the guard and the young guys that come though are going to take time.

I think the time has come to have a change of guard. Boak and Gray are no spring chickens anymore. Need a bit of a cleanout . I think

Motlop... Has to go
Hartlett... Gone
Rockliff... Gone

I really think we will struggle next year. Will be a changing of the guard and the young guys that come though are going to take time.

Won't get anything for Dixon, we have nobody ready to step in.

Agreed that Motlop is done.

Boak and Gray can play at least one more, Boak maybe more.

Clurey/McKenzie are both good defenders, just not the number 1 defender. They should be playing on the second tall.

We desperately need a big 195cm+ defender who can play man on man on the big forwards.

Jonas is probably another that we need to start transitioning out, he's too slow now for the mobile forwards, and he's too short for the big guys.

Also need a dynamic midfielder, whether that be Rozee finally or SPP taking the next step, or someone else. Wines, Boak and Drew are very one paced.

Motlop... Has to go
Hartlett... Gone
Rockliff... Gone

Motlop - yes
Gray - almost cooked. If we had won a flag or 2 he would have retired by now. Contracted next year, but is probably going to be bog average and that will be it for him.
Boak - possibly - can't judge him on this week. Has been good recently and has been no worse than 'okay' all year. Hang onto him and squeeze everything he has left.
Dixon - nah - didn't get a look - marked everything that was kicked even remotely to his advantage. Kicked a couple of goals. Missed a couple of shots. Delivered exactly what we paid for at 600-650k a year. A tier below elite/ AA.
Marshall - yep - who the hell knows. Losing faith in the guy though. He was decent tonight, but he is woefully inconsistent and gets injured frequently. Really has to get his career moving or he won't make it. Doesn't have enough brilliant games to justify the bad ones and is a poor man's Westhoff atm.
Hartlett - yep cooked
Rockliff - Cooked
Woodcock - depth - could make it
Fredrick - depth - could make it
Clurey - Probably gone - can't have a guy on his money playing SANFL when other's would give us something for him and he would want to go somewhere he'll get a game. Good servant of the club.
Mckenzie - Did literally nothing wrong tonight. Has played about 1 bad game in 2 years. Weird call.

SPP is similar to marshall. Very important he has a good 2022.

I want a tough as nails, hard bastard, lockdown 195+cm KPD, who has decent speed and decent skills, so that we don't have KPD's who are always playing out of their weight and height division. Find a 21 year old Harry Taylor type. Aliir can do his zoning off intercept s**t in tough games then, unlike tonight.

I want a tough as nails, hard bastard, lockdown 195+cm KPD, who has decent speed and decent skills, so that we don't have KPD's who are always playing out of their weight and height division. Find a 21 year old Harry Taylor type. Aliir can do his zoning off intercept sh*t in tough games then, unlike tonight.
Yup, they make all the difference when your midfield is getting smashed.

McKenzie/Clurey are good when the midfield is on top and the supply isn't great.

Most teams are now carrying 200cm fwds, we need to add height back there

People have been talking about us having a premiership window. Which doesn't make sense to me, as this year always felt like a bit of a last roll of the dice to me. We've failed, our core list isn't good enough and now we need to take some short term pain to seek some longer term gain.

I look at the squad and I see a good core of kids, we just need many more. There's no point with the older guys now, absolutely no point in them consuming game time, we need to be building for our next crack hopefully around 2025ish.

R Gray retires
Hayes becomes our #1 ruck for 2022, see if we can trade Lycett to Sydney for Dawson
Georgiadies plays every game in 2022
Regardless of results, SPP, Rozee, Duurs & Butters spend a heck of a lot more time in the center square.
Jonas gives up captaincy, and we find a lock down tall back who can go with the best.

Ah I don't know, I don't even really care right now. So over this team and the lack of hope and change under Ken. Just the same s**t over and over, and the same failings to just get the best out of these groups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strategic planning is about looking a couple of years out. We started a rebuild post westcoast finals lost and clearly we still have a fair ways to go. Priority is and will need to be the midfield, we cant compete with the best until it is improved. Changes and fresh ideas are needed in the coaching group as well, messaging must be getting stale now.

What about the midfield? That's where we are getting destroyed.
Our defenders don't stand a chance if our mids are non competitive.

If we can land a big fish free agent mid when we trim Hartlett/Motlop/Rockliff off of the wage bill, great. If not i'm content, I think the midfield usually only s**t the bed when the entire team is doing so because the coach hasn't gotten us up for a game.

Gut the list. Everyone over Wine's and Aliir's age goes.

Get whatever value we can. Build around our u25's.

This is what would be left if we took out all the older guys. Key defenders and best centre square mids needed. And for some time to be put into our young rucks.

F: Ladhams - Georgiades - Fantasia
HF: Butters - Marshall - Rozee
C: Amon - Wines - Duursma
HB: Bonner - Aliir - Bergman
B: Burton - Lienert - Houston
R: Hayes - Powell-Pepper - Drew
INT: Byrne-Jones - Frederick - Farrell - Jones

Geoff Parker escapes a lot of scrutiny because he has picked off some very exciting players who make an immediate impact in outside positions.

But name the actual inside mids he has drafted in the past few years who have made an impact and look like a long term prospect. Not guys who look like they are exciting running around on flanks but players with a junior pedigree as a mid who have gone on to show they can produce at AFL level.

Drew? Is that it? And he's been on the list a while. SPP is a powerhouse soldier but has been wasted as a forward this year. Even so, he's not a big possession winner as a mid and not super skilled.

We really need to get some genuine centre square midfield talent. Looking over the next few years I see Ollie Wines and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back