NFL 2021 AFC Championship Game - Cincinnati at Kansas City

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know why we got so far away from the run.
We had the lead and were running for like 6yards a carry.

If Mahomes was in his head (another thing I'd love answers to, why the drop off? Did a coach blast him after the failure at half?) The best thing you could have done is take the ball out of his hands for a bit and get some easy stuff completed.
Dropping 8 in coverage they are begging you to run. Do it and burn clock.

Mahomes was poor but this was an all levels of team failure. From coaches to players.

I avoided spoilers for this yesterday and watched it last night finishing up about 12:30ish

WOW, Burrow absolute beast, some of those Houdini tricks he did to escape the sack and then run for 1st down were just brilliant. Justifying my post earlier this year where I had him best of the young QBs (ahead of Herbert, Allen and Lawrence). I just love this kid, he just looks and acts like a winner.

Of course he couldn't have done it without that Bengals D which was as close to lights out as you're gonna get in that 2nd half. The interception in the 2nd half at the 20-30 yard line and then the interception in OT which was reminiscent (to me anyway) of the Immaculate Reception - just such a great game and fitting end after KC won in OT last week after winning the coin toss. Well this week they won the coin toss and it didn't matter, they were stuffed on offense in the 2nd half. Seeing the KC crowd fall silent after half time was a thing of beauty after how loud and up and about they were in the 1st half. I don't mind KC (except Tyreek Hill) but always good to see someone fresh in there and Mahomes does annoy me slightly, seems pretty arrogant in the same way Steph Curry is.

Will definitely be cheering on the Bengals next fortnight, wouldn't mind seeing Stafford & Donald get a ring but OBJ & Ramsay can get stuffed.

I avoided spoilers for this yesterday and watched it last night finishing up about 12:30ish

WOW, Burrow absolute beast, some of those Houdini tricks he did to escape the sack and then run for 1st down were just brilliant. Justifying my post earlier this year where I had him best of the young QBs (ahead of Herbert, Allen and Lawrence). I just love this kid, he just looks and acts like a winner.

Of course he couldn't have done it without that Bengals D which was as close to lights out as you're gonna get in that 2nd half. The interception in the 2nd half at the 20-30 yard line and then the interception in OT which was reminiscent (to me anyway) of the Immaculate Reception - just such a great game and fitting end after KC won in OT last week after winning the coin toss. Well this week they won the coin toss and it didn't matter, they were stuffed on offense in the 2nd half. Seeing the KC crowd fall silent after half time was a thing of beauty after how loud and up and about they were in the 1st half. I don't mind KC (except Tyreek Hill) but always good to see someone fresh in there and Mahomes does annoy me slightly, seems pretty arrogant in the same way Steph Curry is.

Will definitely be cheering on the Bengals next fortnight, wouldn't mind seeing Stafford & Donald get a ring but OBJ & Ramsay can get stuffed.

I actually like Patrick, just cant stand his entire family, even his mum. Feel sorry for him having to put up with that abortion of a family, cant be easy.

Tyreek Hill is one of the biggest flogs in football (the taunting really annoys me). Not on the team but Jackson Mahomes is ******* annoying too. Sort of view Mahomes and Kelce as blokes who have veered a bit too far to the "unlikeable arrogant" side - probably good for them to eat some humble pie in an AFC championship. The dancing the two were doing when things were going their way is a s**t look IMO. Mahomes' shoulder shimmy? GTFO. Also think Mahomes needs to slow down on the hero plays (that's not all on him though).

In the third after Mahomes was picked, Burrow missed Chase in the endzone on 2nd down and Fenton did a cute little dance.

Next play, TD on basically the same play with Fenton desperately grabbing and holding like a bog standard DB caught out of position.

In the third after Mahomes was picked, Burrow missed Chase in the endzone on 2nd down and Fenton did a cute little dance.

Next play, TD on basically the same play with Fenton desperately grabbing and holding like a bog standard DB caught out of position.
Burrow/Chase didn't miss, Fenton got away with a blatant DPI (which makes the fact he celebrated even funnier imo)

Let's not act like chiefs players are the first to dance or make a scene after doing something good.
I get not liking them because of off field issues, family or dirty hits or something but arrogance after a touchdown dance?
It's the NFL? They all do it.

Mahomes does seem like a cool guy. I'm sure he'd be fine to hang out with and relatively normal.

His wife and brother come off as vapid, image-obsessed, and incredibly annoying. I will happily cheer for his downfall if it means they showboat less.

His wife annoys me even more than his brother now.. If I was her id be concerned about Patrick leaving me for someone far better given the way im sabotaging him. Only so long a man can put up with this s**t.

His wife annoys me even more than his brother now.. If I was her id be concerned about Patrick leaving me for someone far better given the way im sabotaging him. Only so long a man can put up with this sh*t.
Well they ain't married yet so there's still time for him to call off the wedding or find someone else I don't think she'll take the news lightly though

Well they ain't married yet so there's still time for him to call off the wedding or find someone else I don't think she'll take the news lightly though

yea, seems like proper stalker material. Bodyguards and security systems required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly this is why you get your QB what he wants - he wanted Chase - way to put the franchise in your QBs hands!

That defense and those adjustments on D were amazing

It's certainly made me think again about my philosophy of needing to build from the inside out (lines first then skill positions)

It's certainly made me think again about my philosophy of needing to build from the inside out (lines first then skill positions)

Why? Burrow wont last as much as everyone wants to believe so if he keeps playing behind a Swiss cheese oline.

Why? Burrow wont last as much as everyone wants to believe so if he keeps playing behind a Swiss cheese oline.

Sure, I'm not saying ignore the oline altogether but it shows you can spend picks on good skill position players to shoot you up the ladder. QBs will suffer just as much if they have a good oline and no playmakers to work with, give a top line QB a top line receiver and a decent RB and they'll make things happen

Sure, I'm not saying ignore the oline altogether but it shows you can spend picks on good skill position players to shoot you up the ladder. QBs will suffer just as much if they have a good oline and no playmakers to work with

Burrow missed most of last year because he got his knee blown up, directly the fault of a s**t oline, lets not get carried away cause he survived a beating for one year, its not a strategy that I would recommend (see Andrew Luck) Building from the inside out is still far smarter.

The Bengals have cap space and with Burrow they are now an attractive destination for players looking to win. The could solidify the O-line through free agency as well as using the draft.

I can’t think of another massive area of concern that needs to be addressed so they can focus almost entirely on improving the O-line this coming offseason.

The Bengals have cap space and with Burrow they are now an attractive destination for players looking to win. The could solidify the O-line through free agency as well as using the draft.

I can’t think of another massive area of concern that needs to be addressed so they can focus almost entirely on improving the O-line this coming offseason.

I hope so.

Sure, I'm not saying ignore the oline altogether but it shows you can spend picks on good skill position players to shoot you up the ladder. QBs will suffer just as much if they have a good oline and no playmakers to work with, give a top line QB a top line receiver and a decent RB and they'll make things happen
And a top class TE, go to man

Absolute gold if used right.

I just can't see it even with burrow's Cincinnati wont become an attractive destination for free agents especially when most young players are chasing top dollar or great places to live. Bengals never been able to get good free agents doubt Burrow will change this when you can go play in Florida, new York, Las Vegas, LA instead of Ohio. Just the way it is look at green bay great qb not an attractive free agent destination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back