Discussion 2021 Pre-Season Community Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the practice match video links. It's nice to have them all in one place. Mix of full match video, by quarter, or by half.
I will update as today's videos become available.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Carlton vs Essendon - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
Collingwood vs Geelong - Full Match (AFL Match Report)
Melbourne vs Richmond - Full Match (4 videos) (AFL Match Report)
North Melbourne vs St.Kilda - 1st Half - 2nd Half (AFL Match Report)
Sydney vs GWS - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
*Fremantle vs West Coast - Coming soon (Eagles Highlights) (Dockers Highlights) (AFL Match Report)
Brisbane vs Gold Coast - 1st Quarter - 2nd Quarter - 3rd Quarter - 4th Quarter (AFL Match Report)

*still waiting for match videos.

1614428467803.png

Last edited:
STK 22 8 140 NTH 6 13 49
Saints pumped us.
notable rookies
Highmore came on late in the 3q. Im not sure what that says about his JS. He took a few intercept marks and looked composed.
Lazzaro. got enough of it. goes in hard. wait and see if he makes the team in the next pre season game. better in the second half than the first.
Powell Every time he got the ball it started a chain. I like him. Played better first half but thats expected.
Young A clanger or 2 early. Hes another that improved later on.
ford. Unsighted. i dont remember a kick
Ziebell was ok. our defence was under onslaught the whole game as the score would suggest. He got a few intercept marks. But he clearly didnt turn the tide.
anyone i forgot?
Luke McDonald?

Ahh, Firefly. Never has there been a case of more ludicrous, insane, studio f***ery that destroyed a classic show before it even had a chance. Makes me sad.
Not a fan of Dow’s potential? I remember some of his early work quite fondly

If he learns how use the ball by foot and make smart choices I will change my mind. But after watching him closely for 2 years now he worries me with his ball use and decision making. These are supercoach killers!

If they awarded points for gut running while not touching the ball much he would be first player picked!

I didn’t see today’s game but he reportedly went well but I want to know how was his kicking and to be frank it was a practice match in February against a team that is not expected to do much this season.

If he learns how use the ball by foot and make smart choices I will change my mind. But after watching him closely for 2 years now he worries me with his ball use and decision making. These are supercoach killers!

If they awarded points for gut running while not touching the ball much he would be first player picked!

I didn’t see today’s game but he reportedly went well but I want to know how was his kicking and to be frank it was a practice match in February against a team that is not expected to do much this season.

His kicking was fine - he wont ever be an elite kick, but he hit his targets which were mostly well-considered short chips. His hands are his main weapon, and he used them well today.

I'm not taking much stock from today's performance either, but he looked far more comfortable than we've seen him against AFL sides.

Desperately needs to bring that kind of form to the H&A season though.

Paddy Dow? Surely you kents can’t be serious LOL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently starts at 9:30

Haven't seen a teamsheet, think majority of the lists are playing.

6 X 15m intervals kind of set up, everyone should get a decent run.

Looks like A team starting.
Will Martyn and Ralphsmith part of the 22 getting game time early.
Martin-Edwards-Cotch first CBA, Bolton started on the bench.
McIntosh playing HBF with Houli missing.

Wait and see what happens when Brayshaw and Viney are back, but James Jordon could be worth a look. Playing exclusively in the middle.

Sounds like Tom McDonald is looking very good.

SC relevant for the Pies playing shortly:
Sidey, Howe, Grundy, Sier, Ruscoe, Bianco, Murphy, Henry

No De Goey (injured), Kelly (returning from injury) or Macrae (family)

We have a pretty strong side

Harmes playing as a full-time mid with DEF status is very tasty
He's actually spent a fair bit of time forward from what I've seen, not watching it properly though. But yeah, MID/FWD will be fine, he can find a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back