Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for this interloper to leave.
And the fact that Nisbett is still the boss of that club, tells me all about their culture!

Nisbett is Eddie without the charisma.

Teflon pr...., needs to fall on his sword, before he over stays.

Freo is heading in the right direction, but unless a darn good tall forward comes on the market, develop from within.

Heard that Saints is actually the oldest list in the comp followed by Geelong, WC must be hard on their heels tho...

Yeah they’re up there along with Collingwood, I think.

Never mind the Eagles, what’s terrifying is the age profile of Richmond. I think they’ll be the greatest dynasty of the AFL era.

Don't care about West Coast, they're just another club in the competition. Don't know why so many of you care about what they do.
From my experience it’s the exact opposite. They care much more about what we are doing. They got a taste of being second fiddle under Lyon, and they are worried because all the signs are that they are about to get a lot more sooner rather than later. I’m going to watch with fascination how they transition their list, as there is about to be a few big holes. They are losing irreplaceable players.

I reckon I've watched Treacy's second goal about 30 times.

He got the break on the defender in a flash and raced straight at Mundy...

I dunno, might seem like something to do more often...or we could run to the pockets some more

Are you saying we should lead at the ball carrier and not stand bunched together asking it to be bombed on their heads?

Ballsy strategy.

Lol. Brander was the only standout for them for mine.

This poster is an idiot as well as a campaigner
Lol, Ryan may be a "better mark", but it's pretty obvious who is the better player!!

just had a look then, I thought their reaction to FD2646 listing some of our players in the b22 missing was even classier tbh.

oh and hi freetk, great to see you back again
Free TK has about as much spine as an audio book on jellyfish!

Are you saying we should lead at the ball carrier and not stand bunched together asking it to be bombed on their heads?

Ballsy strategy.
It's been so long since we've seen anything different from the 'bomb it long' technique that when we see a textbook entry we lose our minds.

The future is here!

Official 2021 Buddy of Kiara Bowers
Official 2021 Buddy Adam 'Cez' Cerra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my experience it’s the exact opposite. They care much more about what we are doing. They got a taste of being second fiddle under Lyon, and they are worried because all the signs are that they are about to get a lot more sooner rather than later. I’m going to watch with fascination how they transition their list, as there is about to be a few big holes. They are losing irreplaceable players.
It all depends on who you ask really, Ive seen some mad obsession on both sides. I just don't pay West Coast any attention, the only team worth any of my time is Freo, we're all that I care about.

It all depends on who you ask really, Ive seen some mad obsession on both sides. I just don't pay West Coast any attention, the only team worth any of my time is Freo, we're all that I care about.

And St Kilda.

It's been so long since we've seen anything different from the 'bomb it long' technique that when we see a textbook entry we lose our minds.

The future is here!

Official 2021 Buddy of Kiara Bowers
Official 2021 Buddy Adam 'Cez' Cerra

Yep, bomb it long or jog up towards the player with the ball and lead back have been done to death by the FFC. I’m so glad we’ve moved on from those days.

Yep, bomb it long or jog up towards the player with the ball and lead back have been done to death by the FFC. I’m so glad we’ve moved on from those days.
Who says we have moved on? I'll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed though.

It's really just understanding the basics of list management.

If Cripps came out of contract end of last year, we would not have been able to afford him.

West Coast is a club that has a strong strategic decision makers with long term vision.

That's why we have had such long periods of sustained success in our history.
Why is this wank material in a Freo thread?? I need to soap wash my eyes.

Who says we have moved on? I'll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed though.
Looking at the highlights, only a handful of the 16 goals we kicked came from the long bomb in, it’s not to say they weren’t doing it all day for no results but should be a good indicator to the boys of the right way to score. Lower the eyes and find a player on the lead, a couple came from good passes from the boundary into the corridor.

edit: another thing that stood out was that when we hand balled forward it really opens the game up, quite a few scoring movements started from defensive wing with forward handballs to a player in space, this is a very Richmond way of playing and it worked to great effect against WC. Let’s see if they are able to keep it up against a full strength team this week.

Anyone who thinks bombing it to packs was the game plan doesn't understand football.

When we didn't move the ball quickly/well enough we had no other choice to bomb it long as teams would set up their zones. We looked best playing slingshot football from turnovers because teams didn't have time adjust defensively.

It was never about game plan, it was about having players that were skillful and confident enough to execute kicks that would break zone oppisition zones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back