24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

No, I dont really see the relevance in whatever game you are trying to play.

Billings is a good player and a match winner. I believe we should be keeping our good players and match winners. Simple as that.
Most people can comfortably name 10 Saints who are better and more deserving of a salary Billings wants then Billings.

Turning up a few times over his career isn’t my definition of a match winner. For all the talent - he is inconsistent and isn’t worth anything more then 500k.

In a league ruled by a salary cap - we cannot afford to be tying up so much of it on JB. Especially when our cap is tight.

What team would take Billings over Crouch if they cost the same?
Saad, Williams, Hanners, Caldwell - heaps of players get overpaid because of what the club needs.

The only way Billings will leave if he gets a "godfather" offer from another club. Unlikely but if it happens, band 1 is possible.

REally? even during his recent form upswing you would have him on more money than Steele and Marshall (and probably triple Ryders $$).
No I wouldn’t. But that wasn’t what I was saying.
We paid him extra to get him across. I won’t bat an eye lid if he keeps this level of form up. This is the form he showed under Ross.

if he goes back to early season Hill - then he will be criticised. Fingers crossed he has turned the corner.

Is Narkle a realistic trade target for us? Can't imagine the cats would want too much for him considering he isn't guaranteed a game each week (god knows why, he performs when he plays) and has been there for 4 or so years.

Hanners is gone in 12 months max.

ifHill keeps this up - no one is going to bat an eye lid at his salary.

Hill has made a massive inroad to his redemption story at the moment. Probably not the player I would have spent that much on but I think he is far from a poor trade on current output. Hanners was straight out desperation. Like sleeping with your alcoholic 70 year old neighbour because you can't find a girlfriend stuff.

Can we expect Billings to get caught with a nose full of coke?

That probably cost Crouch $100k-$150k
& cost the Crows an earlier pick.

Crouch is an interesting comparison though. Up until this season he’s probably had one or two very good seasons with the rest being injury write offs.

Whereas JB has had one or two very good seasons and has barely missed a game for his whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they got caught with a bag of weed?

Hill has made a massive inroad to his redemption story at the moment. Probably not the player I would have spent that much on but I think he is far from a poor trade on current output. Hanners was straight out desperation. Like sleeping with your alcoholic 70 year old neighbour because you can't find a girlfriend stuff.
Such an unusual and specific analogy that the only possible conclusion is that it's based off of life experience...

Can we expect Billings to get caught with a nose full of coke?

That probably cost Crouch $100k-$150k
& cost the Crows an earlier pick.

Crouch is an interesting comparison though. Up until this season he’s probably had one or two very good seasons with the rest being injury write offs.

Whereas JB has had one or two very good seasons and has barely missed a game for his whole career.

I'm not a gossip so would never repeat the story but I know someone who claims he isn't as clean skin as he appears. Most footy players get a little bit loose in the off season.

Crouch has had a lot of injury set backs. Crouch is also a guy who could get 45 possessions and back it up with 15 the next, consistency and injury held him back but always had some quality.

Billings is more polished but less exciting. He can get 30 possessions and you thought he'd had a quiet one. I think he's one that might be missed more than we realise once he's gone but he is the safe option. He won't hurt you with his stupidity like some of our boys but he won't make you stand up in your seat either. Might be time to live life on the edge, throw a a few hand-grenades instead of walking a straight line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a gossip so would never repeat the story but I know someone who claims he isn't as clean skin as he appears. Most footy players get a little bit loose in the off season.

Crouch has had a lot of injury set backs. Crouch is also a guy who could get 45 possessions and back it up with 15 the next, consistency and injury held him back but always had some quality.

Billings is more polished but less exciting. He can get 30 possessions and you thought he'd had a quiet one. I think he's one that might be missed more than we realise once he's gone but he is the safe option. He won't hurt you with his stupidity like some of our boys but he won't make you stand up in your seat either. Might be time to live life on the edge, throw a a few hand-grenades instead of walking a straight line.
I would say most players do coke or have done it before, it's not really a big deal. Most get a bit loose in social settings which is fine I reckon, it becomes a problem when they start tattooing their stomachs and swinging their shirts whilst smoking from a pipe like Cousins

I would say most players do coke or have done it before, it's not really a big deal. Most get a bit loose in social settings which is fine I reckon, it becomes a problem when they start tattooing their stomachs and swinging their shirts whilst smoking from a pipe like Cousins
Some players are so good the rules do not apply.
EG peak Cousins, Swan and Buddy

Some players are so good the rules do not apply.
EG peak Cousins, Swan and Buddy
Gee I have a story about Buddy. I had a mate who's sister used to date Trent Croad - one night he facetimed us all while he was out with a few Hawthorn guys. It was interesting...

Back in 2011 I ran into Dale Thomas, Dane Swan, Harry O and a few other Collingwood players at a club on Glenferrie Road. Another experience.

Lots of them let their hair down, as long as it doesn't hurt their lives or careers I don't mind.

Well, we did want him for his experience 🤣🤣🤣

Gee I have a story about Buddy. I had a mate who's sister used to date Trent Croad - one night he facetimed us all while he was out with a few Hawthorn guys. It was interesting...

Back in 2011 I ran into Dale Thomas, Dane Swan, Harry O and a few other Collingwood players at a club on Glenferrie Road. Another experience.

Lots of them let their hair down, as long as it doesn't hurt their lives or careers I don't mind.
Being of a much older vintage I had a little bit to do with a couple of the greatest Saints ever, no drug stories but sexual exploits.....
NO Not Ian Stewart!:devil:

What team would take Billings over Crouch if they cost the same?

Well given there was little interest outside of us (& maybe Geelong) in Crouch as an FA last year I’d say there would be quite a few more interested if Billings was available.

How was Didak, he was in a car with guns and a murderer, hardly made the same impact as the North guys having a joke with a rubber chicken and or our dwarf immolation.

One woman my wife worked with got run into by Buddy speeding on a freeway and left her with permanent damage. Never even made the media, she suspected he was on something by the way he acted. Hanners and Buddy wrote off a line of cars but wasn't considered unusual and barely made a ripple. Players get a free run with cops.

How was Didak, he was in a car with guns and a murderer, hardly made the same impact as the North guys having a joke with a rubber chicken and or our dwarf immolation.

One woman my wife worked with got run into by Buddy speeding on a freeway and left her with permanent damage. Never even made the media, she suspected he was on something by the way he acted. Hanners and Buddy wrote off a line of cars but wasn't considered unusual and barely made a ripple. Players get a free run with cops.
Funny you mention him, a good mate of mine's parents are actually friends with Didak's parents back in Pooraka SA. Parents are fine but he was clearly off the rails and even as a younger kid my mate was telling me that he wasn't very intelligent. No surprise when players you know a bit about do something like that. Fevola wasn't in the media for anything bad but another mate of mine's mother used to teach him back in HS and said he couldn't spell his own name until he was about 14...then you see him on The Footy Show acting like the village idiot and it just all makes sense.

Funny you mention him, a good mate of mine's parents are actually friends with Didak's parents back in Pooraka SA. Parents are fine but he was clearly off the rails and even as a younger kid my mate was telling me that he wasn't very intelligent. No surprise when players you know a bit about do something like that. Fevola wasn't in the media for anything bad but another mate of mine's mother used to teach him back in HS and said he couldn't spell his own name until he was about 14...then you see him on The Footy Show acting like the village idiot and it just all makes sense.

Never met Didak but I did meet Fev a couple of times, he seemed about 15 even towards the end of his career. Nice guy though.

One L.Hunter had an expensive car bill last year, he was maggoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back