25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
This!

Clark needs to start in the guts from round 1. He should do his entire pre season with the mids.

Otherwise we've blown 2 top 10 draft picks on half back flankers that aren't even in the top teir of HBFers.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd suggest something different. Pay Clark in the Ross or Hanners role. They tend to play on the wing in a sweeper type role.

The Herald Sun article says we are unlikely to be interested in Ladhams since we are looking for a cheap, back-up option.

"Brisbane and St Kilda are both keen for a back-up ruckman, but neither are keen to offer significant money for a player who would be behind their established rucks in the pecking order."
I reckon both Ladhams and Chol would be seen by the club as longer term options (2 + 1) to replace Ryder rather than a real "back-up" ruckman like PHunter.

Ladhams could be a great pickup for us, but not sure if he'd want to play half the games at Sandy. I'd assume likely he would only play if we rest Ryder or if either has an injury.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that Max Heath comes on quicker than we think as well. Looks like a unit of a kid already. Has enough weight on him
An added boost to Heath is that he’s been playing Sandy Dragons with Mitchito Owens and Marcus Windhager the entire year and more. They’ll all come into Sandy together and already have perfect chemistry as a midfield group. Should fast track all their development

Melbourne picked Jimmy Toumpas ahead of Wines

We all fu** up and we all recover from it
I was speaking to a dees supporter recently over here. Poor guy has been through some s**t. But he basically listed all these high end recruits and said they didn't matter. Players like watts scully hogan list went on and on.

He was trying to say high end picks didn't matter.

But what I took away from it was... not that they didn't matter... that you can turn it around by drafting well with the high end picks you do get. You can stuff one here or there but in the most part you need to nail em.

Once they got recruitment and development right they've managed to nail:
Petracca
Brayshaw
Oliver
Jackson

Thats a bloody good starting point!

It gives me a s**t load of hope that if we start to nail the top end of the draft and find some absolute starts like Melbourne did we can bounce back quickly given what we already have.

Steele King Sinclair Wilkie is a good starting point!

What we need to do is get guys like Clark Gresham Coffield Byrnes Marshall Sharman playing consistent good football.

Plus chuck in two absolutely elite midfield selections and we are on our way.

An added boost to Heath is that he’s been playing Sandy Dragons with Mitchito Owens and Marcus Windhager the entire year and more. They’ll all come into Sandy together and already have perfect chemistry as a midfield group. Should fast track all their development
It would be excellent for the vibe.

Half our NGA's are Dragons and there's every chance we'll land Chesser or Sinn too.

Last edited:
The Herald Sun article says we are unlikely to be interested in Ladhams since we are looking for a cheap, back-up option.

"Brisbane and St Kilda are both keen for a back-up ruckman, but neither are keen to offer significant money for a player who would be behind their established rucks in the pecking order."

Short sighted if true, considering we’ll only get half a season out of Paddy.

Having said that, if they are planning on getting Ben end of 2022 then maybe Roma can ruck alone with the odd chop out from a King. Then they’ll probably just keep PHunter while Heath keeps developing.

Last edited:
Good odds on our 1st pick being a Dragon too. It would be excellent for the vibe.

Half our NGA's are Dragons and there's every chance we'll land Chesser or Sinn too.
Get them all living together with one senior player like a Hanners or a Dmac. Someone who can show them how to work hard. Honestly drafting a ruck prospect along with 2-3 decently high end midfielders all at once is the sort of move that builds a premiership core

Get them all living together with one senior player like a Hanners or a Dmac. Someone who can show them how to work hard. Honestly drafting a ruck prospect along with 2-3 decently high end midfielders all at once is the sort of move that builds a premiership core
We don't want them with Hanners

Add Chesser, Sinn, etc and you'd have all main mids playing from early together, which is pretty amazing. Would be interesting if that chemistry would be noticeable in a couple of years with the way they play.

I'd suggest something different. Pay Clark in the Ross or Hanners role. They tend to play on the wing in a sweeper type role.
Unlike Ross though, Clark looks a very good contested ball winner.

He also doesn't have a lot pace which to me says he'll be suited more inside.

He's extremely good in traffic. I think we should be trying to turn him into a Pendlebury style inside outside mid.

Happy to see him spend more time on the wing in part of a rotation that see he move more into the middle but I think he'd be wasted played as a genuine wingman.

Why does Ladhams only come in as a back-up? Surely we go with the following -

Ladhams & Ryder - 50/50 (Marshall KF)
Ladhams & Marshall - 70/30 (Ryder rested)
King, Marshall, Ladhams/Ryder 50/50, Membrey and Sharman is way too tall.

King, Membrey, Sharman and Ryder/Marshall is already very tall but can get away with it with them being a pretty agile group.

King, Marshall, Ladhams/Ryder 50/50, Membrey and Sharman is way too tall.

King, Membrey, Sharman and Ryder/Marshall is already very tall but can get away with it with them being a pretty agile group.
Or our ruckmen can work back and help the defence out, which is something we should have done more often this year

Have we definitely not offered him a contract? Has anyone from the club confirmed this? Not having a crack, just don’t recall seeing/hearing anything direct from a club official.
My guess is we’ve told him he’s not best 22 moving forward and any contract we will consider offering him will be on low cash x 1-2 years or a rookie spot. Go test the market.
I can’t see us delisting him unless he specifically asks to be. At worst we should keep him as depth. We don’t get compo if we delist him
It's certainly been reported that we won't be offering him a contract. It would be pretty bad reporting for them to report it as such if there was nothing to it.

I reckon both Ladhams and Chol would be seen by the club as longer term options (2 + 1) to replace Ryder rather than a real "back-up" ruckman like PHunter.
Apparently we were priced out of Chol fairly quickly which suggests we weren't willing to pay him as more than a back-up option.

Short sighted if true, considering we’ll only get half a season out of Paddy.

Having said that, if they are planning on getting Ben end of 2022 then maybe Roma can ruck alone with the odd chop out from a King. Then they’ll probably just keep PHunter while Heath keeps developing.
If we are confident that Bing is a possibility, I can see why they would be hesitant to lock in an expensive, longer term ruck option this year. We don't want to be in a situation where we are overpaying too many of the same types.

You'd hope our management don't view a 100 game + player of the club like that.

We're backing in our youth of Clark, Bytel and Byrnes to have more midfield time and will add 2 or 3 mids through the draft who can develop at Sandy. That's fair enough. Hopefully we don't get many injuries to the likes of Steele, Crouch, Jones and Gresh and also our yound mids - Clark and Bytel live up to their in midfield potential, which I am very bullish on.

I don't get why we wouldn’t at least offer him a low ball contract, but wish Spook all the best and hope he gets a decent gig at a new club.
I hope they have because a lot of teams would want him I would imagine and seeing him cast out with out a club would be wrong , but as like the Lions did with Rockcliff they basically let him go to rejuvenate there midfield , of course he had more value with the amount of ball he got but he was also a ball butcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back