25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like it at the right price.
Reckon he would cost a 3rd rounder but the money would be an interesting one

We should look pretty attractive to him I would think.
Half a season of game time this year with potential for more if injury hits. Then should have a front run at being best 22 in 2023
I think they would want more than a 3rd rounder.

He's contracted next year and was best 22 at the business end of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were on the table because they know he has a bit of value, similar to what they did with Howard.

Port are smart at the trade table.
Would rather take a punt on Kreuger with the pittance we have to spend this year.

That write up was complete fiction as they often are, Mitchell fantastic disposal off both sides, pendelbury an all time great. Luke needed to work on his tank and always had lousy disposal, if you haven’t watched these kids play then take all these write ups with a grain of salt.

I like the ones where they list weaknesses. You still have to read between the lines a bit.

Needs to work on his contested game. = Seagull.
Unclear best position = Key forward but only 5'6 , not good enough to play midfield.
Kicking can be messy at times = Kicks it out of bounds or to the opposition more than his own team.
Needs to find more of the ball = At AFL level the umpires will get more touches than he will.
May have a low ceiling = Was 6" and 80Kg when he was 13 and hasn't grown since.
Needs to bulk up = Cant play for a team with vertical strips, there's no room.

Last year we told them to do their own programs and they came back behind the rest of the competition and played like they couldn't be f’ed. So far our professionalism is way below standard across the board, the next step is to stop pandering to the players and expect more. We look flaky and unfit apart from Steele. There are half a dozen guys that need to lift if we are to improve, it's up to them.

New high performance manager. Lets see what he can do.

I'll trade a future 2nd for Ladhams..perfect age for a ruck..turns 24 start of next season and is a good mark and developing nicely..I seriously hope though we are into Matty Flynn who will come cheaper and looks good already.

Is Flynn the injury prone GWS one? Ladhams has some good traits, he looks like a Ryder type with a strong forward game but some size and craft in the ruck.

Last year we told them to do their own programs and they came back behind the rest of the competition and played like they couldn't be f’ed. So far our professionalism is way below standard across the board, the next step is to stop pandering to the players and expect more. We look flaky and unfit apart from Steele. There are half a dozen guys that need to lift if we are to improve, it's up to them.

Was that actually true or an urban legend? Cannot believe we would have been quite so unprofessional.

Either way, we’ve got a new fitness bloke so hopefully he starts at a new club with something to prove.

Would rather take a punt on Kreuger with the pittance we have to spend this year.
Agree, even though they'd be different roles I'd imaginine.

I think we'd be targetting Krueger to play key defence.

If we are genuine about going hard for King next year it doesn't make sense to go hard for a ruck/forward this year as we wouldn't be able fit them all in.

Is Flynn the injury prone GWS one? Ladhams has some good traits, he looks like a Ryder type with a strong forward game but some size and craft in the ruck.
Yes Flynn has had a couple of major injuries but has been unlucky. Drafted in 2015, did his ACL in 2019 and then shoulder reconstruction in July this year which ended his season. Total of 12 games but looked very promising in a few games I watched him play for the Giants. Strong mark and good ruck craft. Ladhams has shown a lot more so it depends on what Port will be asking for as he will have no lack of suitors.

Yes Flynn has had a couple of major injuries but has been unlucky. Drafted in 2015, did his ACL in 2019 and then shoulder reconstruction in July this year which ended his season. Total of 12 games but looked very promising in a few games I watched him play for the Giants. Strong mark and good ruck craft. Ladhams has shown a lot more so it depends on what Port will be asking for as he will have no lack of suitors.
Ladhams for an 11 voter mid in the Brownlow - straight swap, and possibly a little sweetener ( to us)?

Ok, just kidding. But maybe there’s a deal in there somewhere?

Agree, even though they'd be different roles I'd imaginine.

I think we'd be targetting Krueger to play key defence.

If we are genuine about going hard for King next year it doesn't make sense to go hard for a ruck/forward this year as we wouldn't be able fit them all in.
Yeah that's the go I'd imagine.

2022- Marshall, Ryder, Phunter, Heath
2023- Marshall, Bing, Heath, Phunter

Might be a bit ambitious on young Max here but it seems sensible enough.

I think they would want more than a 3rd rounder.

He's contracted next year and was best 22 at the business end of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were on the table because they know he has a bit of value, similar to what they did with Howard.

Port are smart at the trade table.
The article reads a though they are happy to let him go.
I wondered whether they might be trying to get rid of his salary more than trying to acquire picks.
That was the angle I was looking at with regard to picks.
Happy to give away a future 2nd if that what it takes, maybe try and pry pick 60 off them in return to use as points towards Windy/Owens. Pick 60 is not worth much but could help a little.

They threw some responsibility the players way after they had been stuck in a hub away from home for months. A number came back in ordinary shape... other took the challenge and came back in super nick. You could probably pick the ones who fall into each category.

You may question the professionalism of the coaching staff in doing that but at some point that falls onto individual player's shoulders.

Yeah that's the go I'd imagine.

2022- Marshall, Ryder, Phunter, Heath
2023- Marshall, Bing, Heath, Phunter

Might be a bit ambitious on young Max here but it seems sensible enough.
I'd still prefer to replace Hunter with a young half promising ruck such as Lynch or Flynn as they'll be around for a while and won't cost a fortune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The brownlow is basically a midfielders award and you can only compare it against other mids. Spook played very well once coming in. All the best to him he has been a great clubman.

Strange we wouldn't even offer him a low ball contract. For people arguing he isn't consistent, this is true but I reckon he is more consistent than Jones and probably similar to Crouch.

Club will be sweating bullets if we start getting some injuries to mids next year, but hopefully our bad injury juju was used up this year.

Will we get compo if we haven't offered him a contract? Doesn't seem to make sense to.
Have we definitely not offered him a contract? Has anyone from the club confirmed this? Not having a crack, just don’t recall seeing/hearing anything direct from a club official.
My guess is we’ve told him he’s not best 22 moving forward and any contract we will consider offering him will be on low cash x 1-2 years or a rookie spot. Go test the market.
I can’t see us delisting him unless he specifically asks to be. At worst we should keep him as depth. We don’t get compo if we delist him

The article reads a though they are happy to let him go.
I wondered whether they might be trying to get rid of his salary more than trying to acquire picks.
That was the angle I was looking at with regard to picks.
Happy to give away a future 2nd if that what it takes, maybe try and pry pick 60 off them in return to use as points towards Windy/Owens. Pick 60 is not worth much but could help a little.
To me it sounds as though they are dangling the carrot to see what they can get.

They were happy to let Dougal go too, but they were still able to get a good deal for him (equal to a very early 2nd rounder)

I don't think the salary cap is an issue at Port, but they have shown they are happy to move players along if they can get a good deal (Wingard)

They currently have a surplus of ruck/forwards and would probably prefer to add to their midfield if they can.

I get Flynn and Briggs mixed up. I guess it will come down to what they want and what we have to give up.

To me it sounds as though they are dangling the carrot to see what they can get.

They were happy to let Dougal go too, but they were still able to get a good deal for him (equal to a very early 2nd rounder)

I don't think the salary cap is an issue at Port, but they have shown they are happy to move players along if they can get a good deal (Wingard)

They currently have a surplus of ruck/forwards and would probably prefer to add to their midfield if they can.

Yep their midfield looks really light on all of a sudden. Boak was slowing towards the end of the year and Wines is pretty much a one man band and they were slaughtered in their most recent final. If they aren't looking for mids they are crazy. They would be much better off with their assets cashed in to take mids.

They threw some responsibility the players way after they had been stuck in a hub away from home for months. A number came back in ordinary shape... other took the challenge and came back in super nick. You could probably pick the ones who fall into each category.

You may question the professionalism of the coaching staff in doing that but at some point that falls onto individual player's shoulders.

And I'm placing it back onto them.

Have we definitely not offered him a contract? Has anyone from the club confirmed this? Not having a crack, just don’t recall seeing/hearing anything direct from a club official.
My guess is we’ve told him he’s not best 22 moving forward and any contract we will consider offering him will be on low cash x 1-2 years or a rookie spot. Go test the market.
I can’t see us delisting him unless he specifically asks to be. At worst we should keep him as depth. We don’t get compo if we delist him
Ratts confirmed it on radio last Tuesday.

The Herald Sun article says we are unlikely to be interested in Ladhams since we are looking for a cheap, back-up option.

"Brisbane and St Kilda are both keen for a back-up ruckman, but neither are keen to offer significant money for a player who would be behind their established rucks in the pecking order."
Not sure why we are being said to be looking a backup option only. I reckon the plan will be for him to play 50% of the season and give Paddy breaks.
With the idea of that player playing 100% of the following season.

I can understand on us not wanting to spend large amounts but surely we are not looking for someone on a rookie wage. We have Hunter for that.

Not sure why we are being said to be looking a backup option only. I reckon the plan will be for him to play 50% of the season and give Paddy breaks.
With the idea of that player playing 100% of the following season.

I can understand on us not wanting to spend large amounts but surely we are not looking for someone on a rookie wage. We have Hunter for that.
Maybe we are happy to play Marshall as the only ruck in those games if need be.

There are a few cheap rucks out there that would be able to play a role though.

Geez looking at the grand final teams really does highlight the importance of nailing your high end picks when you get them & the bonus of F/S selections

Dogs
Hunter (F/S)
Libba (F/S)
Macrae (6)
Bont (4)
Smith (6)
Naughton (9)
Weightman (15)
English (19)

Dees
Viney (F/S)
Salem (9)
Petracca (2)
Brayshaw (3)
Oliver (4)
Jackson (3)
Pickett (12)

Both teams have built midfields of home grown guns through fine development, then added the pieces around them

Geez i hope we can nail our picks & continue to develop them properly going forward.
Excellent post

No matter how motivated Dunstan is or was or will be, nothing removes the fact that he kicks like an absolute mule. As someone said, would be amazing if we got a pick for him through these fluff pieces in the media.
This. We can't be carrying these guys anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back