25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Geelong mate said the knock on him is he dies out of games. But I'm still keen

His value has dropped right away after getting 30 plus possessions in his second game. If he came cheap he might be worth a crack but he's a lot less exciting than he was in his first season.

My Geelong mate said the knock on him is he dies out of games. But I'm still keen

He's only got 12 afl games behind him and will be 22yo at the start of the season, so that's the risk but can understand him dropping out of games this early in his career. He's absolutely dominated at VFL as an on baller getting 40+ multiple weeks in a row, so we now he can do it and could well step straight into the centre. Most importantly, he can run and kick. Would be happy to pick him up for a late draft pick.

We should change the name of this thread to trade regretsville.

Dunstan can't kick and we're a team that spent 18 months trying to work out how to play alongside a player with class. We certainly need less Dunstan.

Bruce is the ultimate junk time player. We know this people. We lived it. He's not worth the salary cap space.

I get that some disagree and that's fine. Let's just move on. Trade period coming people!

Free pass from external criticism or a free pass on ability? Which do you prefer, could do a list for either. Then again, the names i throw up will start another five page drama fest. Do i really want go there... Rather play catan tbh then read the to and fro on a subject that vexes me!

Name names then sunshine.

You’re whining about a bloke who has never made the step to a consistently good player. I’ll back it that the players in your hit list are players who have proven themselves to be consistently good players but have had a run of poor form.

As I asked Gringo, you have to have players who can replace out of form players or else you have to back them in. With the amount of injuries we had that was impossible to do.

Free pass or just the reality of who we had available to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every running Fraser Gehrig goal from 2001 through to 2008. Ought to cheer any footballing fan up.

Ahh Fraze!!!

Started AFL life as a skinny 195 cm wing/utility who ran a sub 3 second 20 metres.

Matthew Allison skinny 195 cm, 82 kg wing/utility who runs a sub 3 second 20 metres

Matthew - get to the weight room - now!!!!!

Really that doesn't seem that much of an upgrade. Higgins looks like he has the most upside and Howard replaces Bruce as a decent KP. Jones is a gun if he can stay on the park but Hind is a gun off a HBF. It looks like moving sideways to me. If it's an upgrade it's very slight.

Steele, King, Sinclair are our best player at this moment. Marshall should get back there but for all our shuffling we still look a very middling list. We need improvement from Hunter Clark, Coffield, Higgins, King etc to move forward.
Jones can play like a gun, but don't forget he is very inconsistent. Had 3 under 14d, 3 in-between 14 and 22, 3 over 22 under 30 and 4 where he smashed it and got over 30.

Not sure we need another slow inside mid.

Ratten spoke about not being able to fit them all in this year.

I wouldn't say no if it cost us nothing but I'd prefer we keep the picks we have for our NGA players

Agreed. Bytel is our big insider now… we don’t need Constable.

Windy & Mitchito are both outstanding athletes as well as promising footballers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a big gap.
It's not. If we assumed they are exactly the same he'd kick 22-23 against top teams. Not that far off 17, especially when you consider 10 goals against North as an outlier. This isn't factoring in teams played twice either. If the Dogs played bottom teams twice which is likely it works out about right.

HOT OF THE PRESS! from a friend:

"My Manager's kid goes to school where Charlie Constable's Mum is his teacher. Saints are into him but Steven Wells has said he won’t be allowed to leave this year. Constables is fuming because obviously if he plays another year of VFL there might be no one interested in him. The agency can’t believe it and it’s causing a rift between them and the cats."

I'm predicting 2-3 days before I read this in a Tom Browne tweet lol

Not interested in Constable anymore. Presuming the whispers that he was approached to be a part of the Jack Steven trade a few years back and he wasn't interested then, I don't want him thinking it's okay to jump ship to St Kilda now that things at Geelong aren't looking so great for him.

Anyway, didn't mean to get back into a debate about Dunstan. The people making decisions on list management will be judged on results. If they don't make finals next year it's time to run a broom through the place. Ratts, Rath, Gubby, Lethers and Willy Wonka can all go if they don't have a good 2021. We can't afford another 5 years of piddling along.

We have gone the type of route Carlton and Essendon tried for a long time and it worked out badly for them. Both have drafted their best players ironically after trying to make things quicker by buying up talent. If we can't make finals it's a fail and the way forward would be to keep our best players and youth and start again like North did.

That's it Gringo, sack 'em all. It works so well. Why don't we bulldoze all of RSEA park if we don't win the flag in 2022 - anything less would be accepting mediocrity again. And of course I'm expecting that you'll burn your membership after the first loss.

The irony in your call is that it is exactly the Carlton way - they're not winning a flag in the second season of thenew coach's term so they sack him. You know they'll do the same to the next sucker that they appoint. Their impatience for success actually prevents them ever moving forward meaningfully.

On field, we took big strides forward in 2020 only to stumble in 2021. It's hardly grounds to be suggesting we're piddling along, particularly when the club is owning up to the deficiencies that were exposed in 2021 (i.e need to improve development and strength and conditioning). Off field, we improved the list substantially in both the 2019 and 2020 trade/draft period.

As such, I would suggest that the results of the above named staff have been reasonable - not prefect, but hardly piddling along.

As for Willy Wonka, I suspect that he may be having a negative impact on team fitness, so the broom might be justified there!

how often was Bruce top 5 goal kicking? how often did he butcher the ball in front of goal. kicked out on the full from 20 metres. oh my god. he i think has had 2 good years over 10

Interestingly, his best year for us was his second year, so I was thinking it would be interesting to see if he could repeat this year's form with the dogs next year and beyond. Alas, it's become a moot point with his injury.

"My Manager's kid goes to school where Charlie Constable's Mum is his teacher. Saints are into him but Steven Wells has said he won’t be allowed to leave this year. Constables is fuming because obviously if he plays another year of VFL there might be no one interested in him. The agency can’t believe it and it’s causing a rift between them and the cats."

He's out of contract and can leave if he wants (via trade or walk to the pre season draft). Cute story though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all this negative talk about why we have let players go I'm extremely happy with what is happening to the squad - we have totally rejuvenated the list and now have young prospects coming through with massive upside and another bunch this year.

We have brought in good players in Hill , Ryder , Howard , Jones , Crouch , Butler and have brought in some very good talent that all look to be AFL quality which is awesome from our recruiters - King , Bytel , Wilkie , Highmore , Byrne , Connolly , Higgins , Sharman , Heath , Allison.
Add these guys to Marshall , Steele , Membery , Sinclair , Webster , Clark , Coffield , Paton , Billings , Gresham , McKenzie with have a squad far better than it's been for many years.

And if it involved moving on Bruce , Dunstan , Newnes , Acres , Savage and the likes so be it because we can go into the games now knowing our team is developing and getting better.

With a coach who would be one of the nicest blokes around and has already taken us to one finals win and this year with a horrendous run of injuries getting us to 1 game away from the 8.

We now have a young squad and excitement seeing what they can do.

Constable is as slow as treacle and doesn’t spread well. We need to be faster and not slower.

He’d be a better fit for Essendon or Gold Coast than Dunstan. They can surround him with players who can cover his deficiencies. His skills are also better than Dunstan’s.

Isn’t he out of contract..?

Geelong tall Nathan Kreuger has told the Cats he wants to explore other opportunities during this year’s trade period with Collingwood expected to be his preferred destination.

Sauce- The Age

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Geelong tall Nathan Kreuger has told the Cats he wants to explore other opportunities during this year’s trade period with Collingwood expected to be his preferred destination.

Sauce- The Age

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Geelong risk losing their OOC younger players who are sick of waiting. Can’t blame them.

The only reason they kept Narkle was because nobody else was interested. A one year deal is doesn’t offer much security.

It's fashionable in the media to claim our cast offs are greatly improved once they leave the Saints. In most cases it's BS.

McEvoy going to a premiership contender was the same player at the Hawks as he was at the Saints, just playing in a better team. Sure he matured as he got more games under his belt as ruckmen often do but his skill set is basically the same.

I was big fan of Josh Bruce's work ethic and didn't want to lose him. Two years on and his loss doesn't bother me at all. He's exactly the same player at the Dogs as he was with us. Tries his guts out every week and has 2-3 big games each year but the rest is very vanilla. I see the same Bruce at the Dogs as I saw at the Saints. Not a threat to a decent defender. Factor in also that he's getting silver service from the Dogs stellar midfield

But of course the media love labelling him the 'much improved' Josh Bruce. Personally, it might seem cruel but I think they structure up better without him for the GF. And that's not sour grapes because he's seems like a decent bloke and he's stiff to be out injured.

The anti-Saints media must be loving Nick Hind and can't wait to rip into us when Dunstan plays elsewhere.

Sam Petrevski-Seton has requested a trade to West Coast.
- Riley Beveridge, AFL.com.au

Ahh Fraze!!!

Started AFL life as a skinny 195 cm wing/utility who ran a sub 3 second 20 metres.

Matthew Allison skinny 195 cm, 82 kg wing/utility who runs a sub 3 second 20 metres

Matthew - get to the weight room - now!!!!!
We are after a head of development arent we?
Get Big Fras in there on the bench press to show them how to do it

Josh Battle, Darragh Joyce & Matthew Allison.
Maybe a KPD slips to our 2nd pick in the draft, otherwise there's piss all out there.
I'll be very surprised if Matt Allison is ready to hold down a key position role at AFL level next year unfortunately.

I only see Joyce as depth but he might surprise.

Battle we seem to prefer on the wing for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back