25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes perfect sense the more I think about it.

Even if the 1st mention of his name makes you wince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect for team announcement melts. I wanna see

IN: Paul Hunter, Mason Cox, Tristan Xerri
OUT: Max King(omitted), Paddy Ryder(soreness), Rowan Marshall(omitted)

That's an insane highlights reel. There aren't many of these around so he really stands out. He looks like he could be a star type but pretty sure he's going to GC or GWS. There are going to be more and more of these South Sudanese kids coming into footy. My son played a against a few who looked like stars in the making as well. Their size and athleticism are insane.
He could easily fall to us would you take him Gringo.

Xerri is very unlikely to be a gun. In an ideal worth he hardly plays next year and Max Heath overtakes him the year after. Will he cost much? No.
Does he improve our list more than Paul Hunter? Yes.
Temper your expectations and accept he’s there to fill a role and a need.
If that was the expectation, I doubt they'd waste a draft pick on him.

They'd keep PHunter, then use the late draft pick on a speculative mid.

St Kilda are set to land a deal for North Melbourne ruckman Tristan Xerri.
- Tom Browne, Channel 7

what would we give for him - Lonie or is that to much.

I have a very bad feeling about this trade. Feels like we’re settling for a very average player due to not having the salary cap, nor the draft assets to trade in a good ruckman.
I can’t see this guy being an upgrade on Paul Hunter.

I have a very bad feeling about this trade. Feels like we’re settling for a very average player due to not having the salary cap, nor the draft assets to trade in a good ruckman.
Back to the point I made a little earlier. Why we blow trade/draft capital on a very good ruckman when we are aiming to get Bing next year? from 2023, Marshall could end up being the #1 ruck depending on how things structure up. If not, hopefully Heath has come on by then. OR that's when we target a better ruckman.

We really need to sort out the Bing situation, that makes a huge difference to our other targets. If we got a serious nod from him for next year then we shouldn't be pumping any decent picks into another FWD/Ruck, vice versa if he indicates re-signing with gold coast then it's an important piece we need to find elsewhere.

I can't work out what we're doing with talls.

How many clubs have 3 genuine AFL quality ruckmen?

Agree mate but 2 things:

As hayes posted last page our guys have a good record on ruck talent spotting.

And if Tom Browne says it’s happening....
It’s probably not happening.

North posters on Bigfooty are really upset about losing Xerri, NOT. Drops chest marks. clanger rating high, OK at VFL level, has not impressed when transitioning to AFL. It's a no from me. Waste of a draft pick in a draft that might provide gems in the later rounds.
He's not "OK" at VFL level though. He absolutely dominated that level this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read about the GCS & Pies pick swap.

Jeez imagine the chaos next year when Gold Coast have their first rounders, a compo first rounder, the Pies first rounder, our first rounder and plus about 10 other picks and then only have two available list spots!!!

Especially if King and one of either Lukosius or Rankine leaves. They are simply photocopying first round picks from year to year, along with a bunch of second and third rounders that are superfluous to their needs.

It’s a joke. They are going nowhere.

No one who is a third string ruck is anything but extremely average.

Just read about the GCS & Pies pick swap.

Jeez imagine the chaos next year when Gold Coast have their first rounders, a compo first rounder, the Pies first rounder, our first rounder and plus about 10 other picks and then only have two available list spots!!!
King, Rowell, Anderson, Collins please in a fire sale

At least he is young with room to develop.
Wouldnt expect to give up much for him. Future 3rd with a future 4th coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back