List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So tired of being a s**t club

melbourne were super s**t... first thing they did to fix it was get roos... then they poached a decent head recruiter

roos helped turn the culture around inside the playing group

the head recruiter actually delivered decent players

Someone I know
l1EcT86.gif
]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Squeeze again , id bet both my nuts we wont be offering him 5 years that's if its even true, id say he would be more likely going to Geelong
If it has substance then 4+ years would be about the mark and I agree he'll most likely be going to the Cats which would force us to bump up our offer. I wasn't aware of his disposal issues though until you brought it up. Was that just one game of a consistent bad habit?

If it has substance then 4+ years would be about the mark and I agree he'll most likely be going to the Cats which would force us to bump up our offer. I wasn't aware of his disposal issues though until you brought it up. Was that just one game of a consistent bad habit?
Nah , he is normally pretty good , a few weeks back he had 24 disp and only Two clangers , i never looked hard enough before i posted the ball butcher comment ,,,,My Bad

Out of form is different to what many have been saying on here. that he is useless, that Zac Dawson was better, etc etc.

Nobody can tell me who in 15 games has beaten him apart from the past couple except for some vague reference towards a team we beat by 70 points and they managed 9 whole goals.

Is he Steven May? No, but he is a reliable tall KPB that we don't have more of. Joyce is not bad, but he is not the size of Howard.

And again through all the quotes on him above not one mention on who the real culprits are that make the backs look bad, the outmatched and outgunned and out run midfield.

He's had a poor year and looks like the weak link of our backline. Dawson is probably held in ridicule unfairly. We didn't understand a loose defender that intercepted in those days. He'd stand off his man as part of the zone and fans would scream at him. Now he'd be very handy as he was good enough one on one but had a very good closing speed and was disciplined enough to be a super solid zone defender. Max H was a star one on one defender, his man never got an easy mark if he was on him and he was running on 100% pure heart. Zac stole his spot and a lot of people could never forgive him for that either.

We can't trade our way out of this s**t show.

Need to start drafting elite mids.

It really needs a review of where we are at and not by Lethlean. Get a pro in to do a really in depth list assessment. If we are a few pieces off go hard at FAs and trades. If we look four years off a premiership draft and more draft. Knowing where we are at is the most imperative thing.

He's had a poor year and looks like the weak link of our backline. Dawson is probably held in ridicule unfairly. We didn't understand a loose defender that intercepted in those days. He'd stand off his man as part of the zone and fans would scream at him. Now he'd be very handy as he was good enough one on one but had a very good closing speed and was disciplined enough to be a super solid zone defender. Max H was a star one on one defender, his man never got an easy mark if he was on him and he was running on 100% pure heart. Zac stole his spot and a lot of people could never forgive him for that either.

Max used to study his opponent, he'd know who it would be the week before and he'd do his homework and go out with a plan to contain whoever it was.

Then with Dawson at the club he didn't know if he'd be playing or who he'd be playing on.
Five of his last 7 games had both himself and Dawson in the 22.

So if this is the case why did Cameron or Lynch or Reiwoldt or some of the other KPF's didn't get a hold of him? Howard is the absolute least of our problems. If the ball wasn't whistling down at a rate of knots out of the weak willed midfield or the one way running forwards who might like to give the backs a chop out occasionally.

When we were 8-3 or whatever it was we were third best defence averaging 70 points. Was at the time the mids were playing well, but also we would have leaked many more points if Howard is the terrible player you and the rest of the baying mob are to be believed. You guys latch on to a periphery issue when we have actual real and bigger issuues in the forwards and mids.

You lot think Joyce would be better? Lol maybe if Wilkie or Paton or Webster is injured but he is not a KPB. We kicked four goals on the weekend but the issue is a Key Back whose job is to spoil. Admittedly Sydney would have kicked more if Ratten kept Howard on Buddy, but I blame Ratten on the first place, a terrible matchup by him. Howard is certainly limited in his ability but at least play to his strengths, don't put him on someone who is built like a Key Position player and has the agility of an outside mid.

I think Howard's Howard's a decent backmen, but Lewis kicked 3.5 and had 8 marks, which would be a massive day out if he'd kicked 5.3 instead
If my aunty had balls....she would have weird pronouns. Fact is he didn't. A couple of those from memory were in junk time after we had kicked 22 goals.

Seems like facts doesn't fit the myth of Howard being the worst backman we have had since Jackson Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back