List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be realistic. We are NOT getting pick 19 for Hill. Besides, North don’t even have it unless the AFL give them a priority pick
We’ll be lucky to get a pick above 40. North don’t even have their 3rd rounder
If we do that we’ll need another review.

We upgraded one first round pick and got both them with the last pick of the first round. That has been a very good trade for us.

12 and 18 and a future third rounder for Paddy, Howard 10 and a future fourth. Ryder was 31 year old who was about to play out his last years in the SANFL as they moved towards players like Sam Hayes.

Kosi Pickett and Mitch Georgides are the players that those two cost. Beau McCreary went to Collingwood with our future third and we didn't use the future fourth I don't think.

Next time I'd use the picks. The best tall defender that year was De Koning. If we'd taken him instead of Howard we would be miles in front right now. First round picks should be kept away from our trading staff until we have a really well established list and can absorb some future hits to try to find missing pieces.

I noticed that in a recent game (I think the Brisbane game from memory), where the only occasions we looked like scoring was when Butler was getting up the ground, burned the opposition off, and delivered it inside 50 with some accuracy. It crossed my mind than about him getting some midfield minutes.
Butler cannot win his own ball, thus cannot play midfield… unless it’s the wing, but gimme DMac because he’s actually hard at it & leap-frogged about 5 blokes for this very reason - he’s hard & cracks in

The team fell apart this 2nd half of the year when too many ‘outside’ players were in the team - Butler, Billings, Hill & NWM. We simply cannot play these blokes in the same best 22 without offsetting the balance with hard nuts like DMac & Long with their physicality. DMac was injured & Long in&out - team went to shit

12 and 18 and a future third rounder for Paddy, Howard 10 and a future fourth. Ryder was 31 year old who was about to play out his last years in the SANFL as they moved towards players like Sam Hayes.

Kosi Pickett and Mitch Georgides are the players that those two cost. Beau McCreary went to Collingwood with our future third and we didn't use the future fourth I don't think.

Next time I'd use the picks. The best tall defender that year was De Koning. If we'd taken him instead of Howard we would be miles in front right now. First round picks should be kept away from our trading staff until we have a really well established list and can absorb some future hits to try to find missing pieces.
We needed a full back and we got a full back. It was a trade worth doing.

Because our midfield is shithouse & performs infinitely better when Sincs pinch-hits through there

Was just an idea. If they want to give us pick 8 for him, I’d take that too. Not sure that we’d get more than what we took him for in the draft. Nas looks ok but not panty-wetting excitement by any means, not sure he gets us both a top pick & a player
I would prefer to keep arguably the best HBF in the comp in that position. Instead of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Yer our midfield needs improvement. But saying that we don't want to just patch holes as it won't get us anywhere.
Sincs in the mids takes away his impact from half back it also takes away time and development from Owens and Windy not getting the necessary minutes in there to develop and move us forward.
The money ball strategy we have been using has got us nowhere. We should either be hitting the draft or recruiting young guys with big potential.
Amon, Farrell, Taranto, McGrath and other average players that get mentioned constantly in here are not the answer.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I would prefer to keep arguably the best HBF in the comp in that position. Instead of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Yer our midfield needs improvement. But saying that we don't want to just patch holes as it won't get us anywhere.
Sincs in the mids takes away his impact from half back it also takes away time and development from Owens and Windy not getting the necessary minutes in there to develop and move us forward.
The money ball strategy we have been using has got us nowhere. We should either be hitting the draft or recruiting young guys with big potential.
Amon, Farrell, Taranto, McGrath and other average players that get mentioned constantly in here are not the answer.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Not sure I would classify Taranto as average. He’s mentally checked out this year - and don’t forget he won their best & fairest in their GF year… with Lenny as their mids coach

(But he’s going to Richmond anyway, if Dusty leaves 😉)

De Koning has already got Dougal covered and is only 20

Anyone touched the idea of an trade exchange with North.

Hill and our second rounder for Jason Horne-Francis. I suppose we may have to pay some of his wage too. He only has 2 years contract left with us, so I don't see it as a major sticking point

if Hill is now open to trade and wants out, he's going to his old coach

JHF looks a ripper and we need to get something for Hill

What the * can I do? I don't want to pull my memberships and I don't have the time to mount a spill. I have just as much right to call out their bullshit as the people who gloss over all the mistakes and pretend that the negatives are positives have.

You're just as much of a bullshitter, you've called out others in the past saying that they have no rights if they don't fund the club from memory so maybe pay up or shut up yourself.

Just because I don't walk around in a state of ecstasy over every imbecilic decision we make doesn't make my voice any less relevant.
So there you go. All talk no action. You have said you are putting pressure on the club? How? By complaining on an internet forum.
By doing nothing you accept mediocrity and have no courage of conviction.

As St.C said we are powerless which I somewhat agree with. The only thing I can do is put pressure on as a financial member. I have had it with their bs and have documented what I will do.

The got record membership this year. Supporters will vote with their feet. But you won't even do that.

I will support the team for life but will not stand for this mediocrity any longer. Obviously you will.
You incessantly spam this forum with negative straw man opinion masquerading as fact but asked a simple question about real action and it is all a bit too hard.

Fair enough, true colours and stuff.

Interesting hearing Roo's comments that the youth cupboard is bare. It feels like we are one good draft away from having a real nice group of kids. Need to hit the draft this year again.

Compared to say Collingwood or Sydney, the youth cupboard is bare. we screwed up drafting good kids in the decade up to 2019, then because of that tried to fast track the team by eschewing more kids for Hill, Ryder, Howard etc etc etc in lieu of them.

One player in the 2022 Under 22 squad.., one player in the "best players born in the AFL era" team. Look at some other teams when you think that Windy, Owens, Max, NWM and one more draft will see us sorted for good kids. Not close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone touched the idea of an trade exchange with North.

Hill and our second rounder for Jason Horne-Francis. I suppose we may have to pay some of his wage too. He only has 2 years contract left with us, so I don't see it as a major sticking point

if Hill is now open to trade and wants out, he's going to his old coach

JHF looks a ripper and we need to get something for Hill

I see you started drinking early today

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We needed a full back and we got a full back. It was a trade worth doing.

It's playing catch up mode. Aways trying to patch a leaky ship, but every time they pull a patch off here they make another hole over the other side. We kept buying up old guys who had no time left and didn't draft tall backs. Then you have to chase ready made and give overs to get them.

Interesting hearing Roo's comments that the youth cupboard is bare. It feels like we are one good draft away from having a real nice group of kids. Need to hit the draft this year again.
Depends what he’s considers youth. I guess you could ask how many teams have fewer quality youngsters than us.

So there you go. All talk no action. You have said you are putting pressure on the club? How? By complaining on an internet forum.
By doing nothing you accept mediocrity and have no courage of conviction.

As St.C said we are powerless which I somewhat agree with. The only thing I can do is put pressure on as a financial member. I have had it with their bs and have documented what I will do.

The got record membership this year. Supporters will vote with their feet. But you won't even do that.

I will support the team for life but will not stand for this mediocrity any longer. Obviously you will.
You incessantly spam this forum with negative straw man opinion masquerading as fact but asked a simple question about real action and it is all a bit too hard.

Fair enough, true colours and stuff.

You love your straw man don't you. Having a difference of opinion is not a straw man argument. You could call me contrarian, bombastic, self important and all the rest but having an opinion on why we aren't doing things the right way doesn't mean it's a straw man. Having your head up your arse doesn't make you right either.
If my questioning the way we operated was taking things to an extreme then you'd think by now that that my straw man shit would have been exposed, not proven correct most of the time.

It's playing catch up mode. Aways trying to patch a leaky ship, but every time they pull a patch off here they make another hole over the other side. We kept buying up old guys who had no time left and didn't draft tall backs. Then you have to chase ready made and give overs to get them.
Using the yearly trade period to bring in a 23 year old full back who can play for the club for 8-10 years is hardly bringing in an old guy to cover up holes. It's using the mechanisms available to us to improve our list immediately and for the future.

200cm key backs who are quick don't grow on trees and thankfully we brought in a good one when we had the chance.

Using the yearly trade period to bring in a 23 year old full back who can play for the club for 8-10 years is hardly bringing in an old guy to cover up holes. It's using the mechanisms available to us to improve our list immediately and for the future.

200cm key backs who are quick don't grow on trees and thankfully we brought in a good one when we had the chance.

I was talking about Brown types. We grabbed Carlisle instead of drafting a backman at the draft too. Then went and paid the kind of capital that a star player usually costs for a fringe defender who was taken at pick 56. If we'd drafted some players years before instead of chasing broken down types like Freezer we wouldn't have had holes to fill.

I was talking about Brown types. We grabbed Carlisle instead of drafting a backman at the draft too. Then went and paid the kind of capital that a star player usually costs for a fringe defender who was taken at pick 56. If we'd drafted some players years before instead of chasing broken down types like Freezer we wouldn't have had holes to fill.
You directly referenced taking Ryder & Howard as a mistake and had us hypothetically drafting Kosie Pickett & Georgiades like 3 posts up? That's what you were talking about, the Brown & Carlise moves were Richo era moves anyway.

Paddy is one of the main reasons we have even been in contention over the past few years. Dougal is usually very solid but is a notch below the leagues best defenders and the big forwards monster him and his prone to a brain-fade every few weeks. That move for the picks we have up was a plus. The Hill move is the big one that hasn't come close to working.

Should've held off on the Ratten extension and gone after Ross. Still a Saints man by his own admission and from what I saw on FC still wants to coach.
When did he indicate this?

If every club didn't have list holes to fill with ready-to-go players, we wouldn't have a trade period.

But we do. And every club uses it. Unfortunately, we won't ever reach this god tier status where we get every single draft pick right and identify every list hole years beforehand. We will need to use these other methods for bringing in players just like every other club.

With all of this year's and next year's draft picks at our disposal, if we can get de Goey as a free agent and then make some smart drafting decisions, this upcoming period will be huge for us.

Would love to see de Goey and Jack Hayes in our forward line. Some attitude and physicality. And de Goey transforms our midfield almost immediately.

We miss de Goey and I feel we'll be in for another few middling seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back